Do you ever pray?

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As an agnostic, I can't very well pray ... and don't.
But in earlier days, I did, and I found it strangely focusing, clarifying, a bit like meditation.
Not sure what to make of that.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes, and remember "He who rises from his knees a better man (or women), his (or her) prayer has been answered". Most (but not all) of my prayers are for thanks.

Yeh, I do.

Used to more so than now, but realised a lot is in my own hands - I do if I'm kinda stuck tho.

Not for years. It never did anything for me, no sense of calm, enlightenment, positive changes, nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. If praying makes a person feel better, great. The closest I've come to prayer of any sort is when I did yoga + meditation where I tried to clear my mind, but that was a while ago. I also tried talking aloud to my mom after she died, which didn't do anything for me either. I'm not an atheist, but I'm not even remotely religious by any means either.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I pray for fewer crazy christians in the world. And less catholics as well.

Wow! As a Catholic by upbringing and atheistic presently, I'm surprised at how offensive I find this comment.

Actually I'd find this offensive even were I Jewish or Hindu or of any other religious persuasion.

Last edited:

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
In the religious sense.

If so what do you pray about or for?

I pray for strength both physically and mentally. Praying helps me sort things out and get on the right path with whatever I have in front of me. Praying helps my mind and puts me in a calm place. It is sort of like meditating.

How about you?

I pray to give thanks for what I have, not to ask for what I don't have. I also pray in times of worry.

LargeSide

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I used to pray when I was younger, but have stopped. I was raised relatively religious. Went to church most Sundays, and was pretty active. It wasn't until I got older that I got the choice whether or not I go and that is when I started going less and less. I still consider myself "Christian" in the public sense, but really I am confused/put off by organized religion.

Maybe this is just a phase, and if I grow out of it I'll post what I pray for then.