Does age matter?

What should I do?

• Stick where I am and possibly miss out on something more meaningful?

• Leave this life and set out in search of true love whether with this guy or another?

• Let my lover cast the deciding vote?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hello All - I am a gay man who has lived a closeted, married-with-children, life and am 50 years old. Although I feel sure I am gay (to the bone), I have lived a professional, heterosexual, married life for the past 23 years. I guess a perfect storm hit me over the past year. Something did for sure. I have never believed much in gay relationships because the ones I was exposed to (even from a distance) never seemed to last very long, were not monogamous, and usually ended very ugly. I never felt interested in being with a man in a "loving" kind of way. It was just always purely physical.
I met a younger man in January and over the course of several months, we hooked up about twice a week. I never really thought too much about it. I enjoyed the physical part of our relationship but just never even thought about anything more. We never hugged. We never kissed. It was pretty much getting straight down to business. As my summer vacation neared, it crept into my mind that I would not see him for several weeks. For the first time, I realized I was going to miss him and then once the time actually arrived, it came into my mind that perhaps he meant more to me than I thought possible. I think he had some of the same feelings, at least at one point, but he says that he just always kept himself from it because he knew it would end up in disaster for me and him both.
My vacation was a disaster. I discovered that I didn't just miss him a little, but a whole lot. I found myself wanting to hug him, kiss him, and just be with him in general. It finally began to sink in that I had lived all these years on the backdrop of a lie, had knowingly drug a beautiful woman into a marriage with a lot less intimacy than there should have been, and had myself missed out on however many potential meaningful relationships that had crossed my path over all those years. I came clean to my wife (and parents) and told her everything. As I expected, she was very supportive and actually wants to stay together. (We are both very successful, have wonderful children, great friends, and a very, very comfortable and financially secure existence.)
My question is this. Should I escape this comfortable existence in search of the possible true romance? Just how totally foolish am I to change gears at this point in my life? Should I just resolve to live out the life as I have lived it thus far? Is there any possible way that a relationship with a nearly 30 year spread can work?

notN2pussy

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wow, sorry to hear, and sad to admit I have heard/ read this very thing so so many times. Different for people growing up now than back then. I understand where you are, not sure I have any input to help, even after a very through read, it has to be up to you and only you know and feel everything, no amount of text can help us help you. That is how I feel. I have had many married friends as benefits and relationships can develop, it just does.

Cecil56

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm bi and not gay, but will chime in from my standpoint.
I have zero desire to kiss, hug or be in a relationship with another man. I find most men's body's quite unattractive. It's only cock play I want. For me, occasional mutual cock play is fun. I don't want any anal or sucking involved, but that's just me. YMMV

long_uncut

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I would think very carefully before ending your marriage, especially with an understanding and supportive wife. You have many things to think out now that you are out to your family. Your passion for the young man is understandable for those of us who have been in a similar situation at some time, but whether or not that relationship could grow and prosper over time I certainly can't advise about. Many of us have faced a similar situation in our marriages and I imagine what we have decided to do is quite variable. I will be interested to see what real advice you might get here because I know my words aren't particularly helpful. For your economic well being I think you know the path to follow is to stay with your wife and play on the side since she seems to be supportive of that idea. Best of luck in figuring it all out.

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wow, sorry to hear, and sad to admit I have heard/ read this very thing so so many times. Different for people growing up now than back then. I understand where you are, not sure I have any input to help, even after a very through read, it has to be up to you and only you know and feel everything, no amount of text can help us help you. That is how I feel. I have had many married friends as benefits and relationships can develop, it just does.
I appreciate your understanding and taking the time to respond. And you are right, when I was growing up, it was a completely different time. The choices I made were probably the same ones that most would have made at that time. Damn it! My timing is always so fucked up!

Reactions: notN2pussy

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would think very carefully before ending your marriage, especially with an understanding and supportive wife. You have many things to think out now that you are out to your family. Your passion for the young man is understandable for those of us who have been in a similar situation at some time, but whether or not that relationship could grow and prosper over time I certainly can't advise about. Many of us have faced a similar situation in our marriages and I imagine what we have decided to do is quite variable. I will be interested to see what real advice you might get here because I know my words aren't particularly helpful. For your economic well being I think you know the path to follow is to stay with your wife and play on the side since she seems to be supportive of that idea. Best of luck in figuring it all out.
I am so glad to hear some of the things that are being put on here. All these thoughts are just so "spot on"! Would you be swayed in your opinion if I told you that even apart, my financial situation, although not quite as rosy, would still be pretty darn good? Should money even be considered? Can money buy happiness?

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm bi and not gay, but will chime in from my standpoint.
I have zero desire to kiss, hug or be in a relationship with another man. I find most men's body's quite unattractive. It's only cock play I want. For me, occasional mutual cock play is fun. I don't want any anal or sucking involved, but that's just me. YMMV
I appreciate your thoughts on this and would have described myself almost in the very same way within the past 9 months. Kissing - gross. Hugging/cuddling - totally for sissies. Anal sex - not really my thing at all. Then in walks this guy. And if I could describe the extremely opposite differences in the two of us (not just age), you would be shocked. Opposites attract? You better fucking believe it!

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Opposites? Been there! Heartbroken
Sorry to hear about that. I can only speak from this one experience. It has been very powerful. I'm not sure if it could ever be sustainable or for that matter if it is even an option for me. He is such a great guy, but why would he want to be tied down with my baggage? I feel like if there ever really was a chance, I may have missed it without even realizing it at the time. I keep searching for a clue but besides the fact that he is just such an all around awesome guy, I can't quite get a handle on how he feels right now. Maybe that is my answer. Maybe he is just waiting to see how far I am willing to go. I don't know the answer!!

Cecil56

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Roll with whatever you are comfortable with. The area between straight, bi and gay is a very grey area. I've seen in person a few cocks that I would like to suck. Hard to describe but I find them "pretty". Then I see pre-cum dripping and change my mind because I don't want that stuff in my mouth. It's whatever you like doing and makes you feel good. The ones I have been attracted to are "normal skin colored" and not red or purple. I tend to be attracted to younger asian's and such. The less body hair and the more feminine the better for me. On the other hand, I see craigslist ads preferring hairy dudes. NOT my type, but whatever floats your boat>

Explrthis

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't be to quick to jump ship..... Sometimes we lose things we didn't know we had. There is no right or wrong answer here but often you can never go back. I think you will find even if you switch teams you will have the same feeling of longing for your old life. Likely you will end up blaming the young guy for destroying your life. You played with Fire and now you are feeling the heat. As for the wife ....the issue not who you fucked around with but the fact you did..... She's a hell of a woman to want to keep you.... But ultimately I hope you find what works for everyone

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't be to quick to jump ship..... Sometimes we lose things we didn't know we had. There is no right or wrong answer here but often you can never go back. I think you will find even if you switch teams you will have the same feeling of longing for your old life. Likely you will end up blaming the young guy for destroying your life. You played with Fire and now you are feeling the heat. As for the wife ....the issue not who you fucked around with but the fact you did..... She's a hell of a woman to want to keep you.... But ultimately I hope you find what works for everyone
You know, I keep telling myself that I'm getting exactly what I deserve. I'm not kidding though when I say that I wasn't looking for this, I didn't think it was possible for me to feel this way, and I have never had a longing to JUST BE with a guy. Just hang out. Talk. Touch. Hug. Kiss. It's totally foreign to me.. I kept thinking it would pass, but we have been at this now for over 9 months although only the last 3 with my realization that there was more emotion attached to it than I ever thought possible. It has really rocked my world - but in a very good way. I don't know how it will end, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. It's like somebody suddenly allowed me to take a full breath or that I was able to see clearly for the first time.

Explrthis

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You know, I keep telling myself that I'm getting exactly what I deserve. I'm not kidding though when I say that I wasn't looking for this, I didn't think it was possible for me to feel this way, and I have never had a longing to JUST BE with a guy. Just hang out. Talk. Touch. Hug. Kiss. It's totally foreign to me.. I kept thinking it would pass, but we have been at this now for over 9 months although only the last 3 with my realization that there was more emotion attached to it than I ever thought possible. It has really rocked my world - but in a very good way. I don't know how it will end, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. It's like somebody suddenly allowed me to take a full breath or that I was able to see clearly for the first time.
I don't have the answer.... But I have some experience with where you are....he was an escape.....I think he gave you the attention and made you feel good about yourself..... Maybe a little excitement as it felt extra "naughty". Who knows...... My issue is deception you should have shoveled the shit out of your own yard before having a picnic in someone else's. Now you can see you have plain stepped in shit and you stink wherever you go..... But it will all work out!!!now is the time to be honest with yourself and everyone and stop playing the victim..... This sucks for everyone involved.....go fix your life and the answer isn't here on the lpsg

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't have the answer.... But I have some experience with where you are....he was an escape.....I think he gave you the attention and made you feel good about yourself..... Maybe a little excitement as it felt extra "naughty". Who knows...... My issue is deception you should have shoveled the shit out of your own yard before having a picnic in someone else's. Now you can see you have plain stepped in shit and you stink wherever you go..... But it will all work out!!!now is the time to be honest with yourself and everyone and stop playing the victim..... This sucks for everyone involved.....go fix your life and the answer isn't here on the lpsg
It definitely sounds like your experience was not a positive one. I can appreciate that and do not take your thoughts lightly. I know the the answer is most likely not on here, but it does help to get other thoughts on it. I'm sure that if I could remove my own feelings from this situation, I would think it was totally crazy. I know there are other feelings involved. I don't discount that at all and at the same time wonder if I should just live out my life wondering, what if? Heck, I don't even know for sure how he feels. I do appreciate your input though.

Explrthis

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It definitely sounds like your experience was not a positive one. I can appreciate that and do not take your thoughts lightly. I know the the answer is most likely not on here, but it does help to get other thoughts on it. I'm sure that if I could remove my own feelings from this situation, I would think it was totally crazy. I know there are other feelings involved. I don't discount that at all and at the same time wonder if I should just live out my life wondering, what if? Heck, I don't even know for sure how he feels. I do appreciate your input though.
Only you have the answer or can figure it out.... My experience was not an easy one I will not lie... before you can be good to anyone you have to be good for yourself.... I would say take some time for you..... Sort yourself out .....and im not being a dick or insensative just playing devils advocate a bit.

Reactions: Txherefordbull

Txherefordbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only you have the answer or can figure it out.... My experience was not an easy one I will not lie... before you can be good to anyone you have to be good for yourself.... I would say take some time for you..... Sort yourself out .....and im not being a dick or insensative just playing devils advocate a bit.
I fully got where you were coming from and truly appreciate it. All opinions matter and as I have found in life, the ones that aren't quite as warm and fuzzy many times are the ones that help create meaningful breakthroughs!!