Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Mr. Rouge has had a snoring issue since we met. Some nights are much worse than others. He's had a sleep study done and they said he has mild apnea. He can't get a cpap machine because they say he is not obese so he doesn't need one. It really sucks. Sometimes I wish we had separate bedrooms just so I could get some rest. But something tells me it would be a bad idea in the long run for the intimacy of our marriage.

We've tried the mouthpiece things and he takes them out of his mouth when he's asleep. I can't get him woke up enough to put it back in.

So tell me, does your man snore? If so, how do you handle it? Gentlemen, if you or your partner snores, how do you handle it?

Reactions: ronin001

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I snore and have sleep apnea. Weight's an issue (wife says it's noticably much less when I'm lighter).

Breathe right snore strips do help. They also hurt my nose, but I use them sometimes to make sure she's getting a good night sleep.

I also snore more when I'm sleep deprived than when I'm well rested.

My wife snores as well. It doesn't keep me awake though. It does give me a hard time if she puts the TV on late (in which case I usually put a pillow over my head to muffle the sound).

My sweetie does. Not constantly, nor any sleep apnea. I'm the one with the latter. Weight is a contributing factor, but not the only one. Even when I was quite fit I still had issues. Never tried the sleep right strips, but sleeping on my side alleviates typically. Rem stops after swapping positions, typically. Sometimes if he's bothering me too much, I go sleep on the couch.

Reactions: BetterFuture

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
the boy only snores if he's congested. cold and flu season is like sleeping with a hibernating bear.
pushing him onto his side, or onto his belly will usually stop the rumble.

he says i snore from time to time, it's a hushed snore,
the same rolling over thing works on me too.
or throwing an extra pillow under my head, cuz no pillow equals snore time

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Sleeping on my side helps for me too.

That's fine, because it's the more comfortable way for me to sleep, but definitely if I try sleeping on my back my wife will lovingly beat the shit out of me until I roll over :p
Because rolling you guys like logs is hard work.
I pry the snorer with my feet so,I can use leg power to turn them on their side, facing away.

Reactions: lapdog2001

BetterFuture

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after a sleep study back in June. Apparently I was stopping breathing about 70 times an hour. I'm not obese, but apparently I have a narrow throat so it's easy for it to collapse when the muscle tone relaxes. I have a CPAP machine and it helps tremendously. Took some getting used to, but it stopped all snoring and I feel better rested in the morning. @Tattooed Goddess , maybe have Mr. Rouge ask again about getting a CPAP machine?

C41ara

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He does when we eat a lot at dinner And unfortunately it happens often :D

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's funny. His snoring doesn't bother me one bit, and it really is devastatingly loud. As long as he is right next to me, it is fine. Let him fall asleep on the couch in the next room, instead of in bed with me, and his snoring will disturb me for hours. Also, he could be snoring in my face, and I could sleep through, but if you open my door, or my cat vomits downstairs, or my nephew whimpers, a twig breaks in my yard or any of a number of other relatively quiet things happen, I'm up and on my feet.

M

Mr Ed in Mass

• If he has sleep apnea, I don't see why weight should be the determining factor for a Cpap.there are many issues connected to apnea in which snoring is the least of it . I couldn't keep my eyes open during the day for lack of sleep , not very safe when working.
  • Sleep apnea also increases your chances for high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, heart problems and depression.
  • Please have him see a different doctor

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maybe he meant it was central sleep apnea?

But yeah, worth getting a second opinion.

For me it's tied to sleep position. I don't tend to get it sleeping on my side, but I'm gasping throughout the night if I sleep on my back.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
  • If he has sleep apnea, I don't see why weight should be the determining factor for a Cpap.there are many issues connected to apnea in which snoring is the least of it . I couldn't keep my eyes open during the day for lack of sleep , not very safe when working.
  • Sleep apnea also increases your chances for high blood pressure, stroke, heart attack, heart problems and depression.
  • Please have him see a different doctor
@Mr Ed in Mass never makes a post that doesn't include a joke. This post is completely bereft of humor. Please consider this advice.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Go see a different doctor if the apnea/snoring is bad. Obesity is not a requirement for obtaining a CPAP. He may have light apnea that isn't causing his blood oxygen levels to go down very far, though.

I have hypopnia, which is where instead of snoring, I just stop breathing during sleep. My blood oxygen was down in the low 80% range during my sleep test, so I have a CPAP and it's a life changer. For a few years I had nearly constant headaches and now I don't. I was giving myself brain damage, essentially.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sometimes he does. His doctor sent him to a sleep center a couple of years ago.

During the interview he basically told him "I'm getting a CPAP right?" They told him they have to do the study first. He said, aw come on. We now that everybody that comes in here is automatically branded and gets a CPAP. What is it? Like 99.9%. Right?

I don't know if they were pissed off or if he really didn't need it but they said he passed the test and didn't require a machine. I think he intimidated them!

He does use nose strips though. He says he sleeps better with them.

gma26_4521

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just became certified in sleep apnea appliances and evaluation of the sleep studies. Yes, it was a PIA! I have found it interesting with the breath rite strips and some home remedies. Patients do get good results. Outside the medical field, mainly. You know the Zyppah adds-yes I want to tear my ears off when I hear that guy in the adds as he says, lol. Anyway, alcohol definitely contributes to periodic snoring in some men and some studies are now refuting the connection between sudden cardiac death and apnea. I am not sure if that is just an insurance lobbyist trying to float the non-payment balloon because the costs of these studies is astronomical. Anyway, weight can be an issue as the back of the throat closes off due to fatty deposition, so can anatomy as a long soft palate acts the same as obesity can. And yes the ENT's do surgery to remove excess palate. Now that would make a tonsillectomy look like a walk in the park! No way in hell would I ever recommend a patient do that-go to the spare room when it is intolerable!

I hope this little ditty is of help.

Reactions: BetterFuture

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Like a big rig trying to hold back a freight train. I dont sleep as well without him.

that's so funny you didn't point out that this isn't a womens issue, weird!

I don't know how to spell it, but there is an Australian instrument called the Digereedo (?) apparently playing that, not well but just playing it, helps something like 3/4 people who snore
also not sure how much the dang things cost but you can look into it if you want

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that's so funny you didn't point out that this isn't a womens issue, weird!
Women coping with sleeping and sleep-deprivation due to a partner snoring is a women's issue. Are you a sad sack who plans to follow me around the site policing my posts now? What is wrong with you?

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Women coping with sleeping and sleep-deprivation due to a partner snoring is a women's issue. Are you a sad sack who plans to follow me around the site policing my posts now? What is wrong with you?

by that argument women who come to this sit have reasons for doing so, but you told that guy who started that thread it wasn't a womens issue.
I just don't like double standards or any other type of bs
not all guys who snore are dating women some are gay, and not all women here have partners who snore, however all women who are on the site....are women who are on the site so the post where you insistd it was not a womens issue relates to more womenthenthis one.
I think you have some gender bias and I wanted to point it out for you.

Reactions: Mercurygirl