Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on how they're cooked.

Seriously; I'm not a pet person, had dogs and cats as a kid, but on balance I'd go for cats - they're self cleaning, self exercising, tend toward being self feeding and are overall cheaper and less hassle to run.

Dogs don't purr...

That too.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
both.......I have one dog and one cat right now

the kinds of pets I've had over the years
dog
cat
hamster
fish
lizard
parakeet
horse
duck
chicken
snake
toad
rabbit
BF ;)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
On balance I'd go for cats - they're self cleaning, self exercising, tend toward being self feeding and are overall cheaper and less hassle to run.

If I had a pet now, it would be a cat, for those reasons.
But if I go to a friend's house, I'd far rather meet the family dog than the family cat.
This preference was far more pronounced some years ago, but I've met a lot of fine cats, and my affections are more nearly balanced now.
But still, on emotions alone (forgetting the convenience issue, which utterly favors the cat), I would go for a dog.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
both.......I have one dog and one cat right now

the kinds of pets I've had over the years
dog
cat
hamster
fish
lizard
parakeet
horse
duck
chicken
snake
toad
rabbit
BF ;)

After much pressurisign I had a chinchilla many years ago, and some Russian hamsters. They died and the later to be ex got custody of the chin.:biggrin1:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Besides being "self-cleaning," cats bury their shit. Where I live, the city, county, and state laws require dog shit to be picked up. Sometimes it is.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After much pressurisign I had a chinchilla many years ago, and some Russian hamsters. They died and the later to be ex got custody of the chin.:biggrin1:

:smile: I never had a chinchilla, are they difficult to take care of?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:smile: I never had a chinchilla, are they difficult to take care of?

Not at all, except if they escape in which case they immediately run under the nearest bed, wardrobe or other equally inaccessible item of furniture. At this point they become gits - fit only for the fur trade, with which I threatened them repeatedly, to no avail.

They quack too, it's really quite surreal.

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you cat people ever met my dog, you would eat your words. Dogs are the most selfless, loving animals in the world. I have yet to take a cat on a hike, be protected by a cat, have a cat be so happy that I am home, play fetch or wrestle with a cat....

don't get me wrong about my comment, i love dogs as long as i don't own them if they belong to someone else awesome, i just thought the question was "which one do you prefer as your pet?"

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I could take either or. Right now I have a cat, because he was a stray that found us, and my parents wouldn't let me have a dog. If I did have a dog though.. it would probably be one of the banned Pit Bulls, or a Rotwhiler... beautiful animals.

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I guess I've never owned a cat or dog, but more of my friends' dogs have been more of a pain in the ass than cats. Although I wouldn't like to eat either of them.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you cat people ever met my dog, you would eat your words. Dogs are the most selfless, loving animals in the world. I have yet to take a cat on a hike, be protected by a cat, have a cat be so happy that I am home, play fetch or wrestle with a cat....

The protection angle has never been tested but everything else you've mentioned I do with my cat. She's a cool wee beastie.