Dorm showers

Weird stories to be honest. Guys can be shy here too, but not that extreme. We have one big shwoerroom and clothes in shower aren't allowed because of hygiene. They guys that are shy shower at home, but you rarely see that. Who joins a gym knows that there are showers like that and deal with it.
 
When I lived in a dorm, I would undress in my room and wrap a towel around my waist and walk to the shower. I've never went walking to the shower clothed. I've also NEVER EVER seen other guys undress in the shower room because nobody would hang anything on the rack except a towel. No one undressed behind the curtain!! I can't believe people are prude up to that point.

You are absolutely correct. It's a uniquely male bonding experience that women will never understand. I have had some awesome conversations with other guys in the nude at my gym, and even made some pretty good friends from it. All of the B.S. and bravado comes down when guys are naked together in a non-sexual environment. The paranoia and mistrust also quickly disappears. Being nude around other guys builds trust and mutual repsect. Covering up, hiding behind shower curtains, and doing the God awful "towel dance" only perpetuates fear and paranoia.

I am sure there will be less aggression and fear between men if men could just bond, straight or gay.
 
My dorms had the partitions with curtains on the outside. My dorm room was just across the hall from the bathroom, so I stripped down in the dorm room and threw my towel around my waist. My roommate on the other hand went in fully clothed and undressed in the shower stall, hanging all his clothes over the curtain. They were small stalls, so his clothes always got wet. I always wondered why he went to such great lengths to cover himself, but then I saw his penis one day. He hadn't locked the door and was jerking off, so I walked in and saw it. It was small. Like pinky small.

The rest of the guys on the floor did the same thing that I did, except for one dude who just walked down the hall naked. He was totally average in every way - he just like showing off. Another one of the guys started avoiding me after we were naked in the dressing area at the same time. I've got a shower and he didn't and after he caught a glimpse he got out of there pretty fast. Overall though, no one except for those acted like it was a big deal. I think reports of Americans being sexually repressed aren't true for the whole country.
 
I always walked in to my CSULB shower with a towel ....and always saw this guy...the mighty Soren...man, that guy was huge everywhere...total fantasy for the last 20 years
 
When i was living on campus, the arrangements were 3 shower stalls for each floor (about 23 rooms). It was Co-ed so we had girls and guys sharing the bathrooms. Noone ever went in unclothed. I usually went in clothed, undressed in the stalls, and then showered. When i came out, i'd usually just wear boxers or a towel around my waist and walk back to my room. That was pretty much the same with most other guys and girls.

there were a few guys though that would go in fully clothed, and walk out fully clothed. Haha it was funny because i don't think i saw any girls do that. Most of them would walk out with just a towel wrapped around them.
 
My dorm had a handful of shower stalls with a curtain. Everyone would walk to them in our towels and flip-flops, close the curtain, hang the towel on the hook outside the curtain, shower, dry off and cover up inside the curtain.

When I moved into an apartment, we all walked to shower in our boxers.

In retrospect, I wish we would have had gang showers. It would have made us less uptight. My apartment-mates all lived with me in the dorms, so nudity in our apartment wouldn't have been a big deal.
 
The dorm that I am going to be in has two rooms that connect to one shower...four people share one shower. The bathroom has two doors on each side; that's how the rooms are connected. So you'd just go inside, lock (or not lock) both doors and dress and undress in there.
 
Ours have curtains, which are behind a little drying area behind a stall door. Some people (myself included) just walk to them from their rooms in a towel, others in boxers, others in full clothes. I don't get that at all. Nobody really cares, so why be so uptight about it?
 
In my dorm the showers were 4 separate compartments curtained off, two across from two, with a little area to hang a towel or dry yourself inbetween. Most of the guys came in either wearing only a towel, or naked and carrying the towel. Pretty much everyone dried by getting out of the compartment and into the drying off area. Virtually everyone saw everyone else's cock, no doubt. This is when I really had the chance to see a lot of cocks publicly, and I felt really undersized at that time (I was about 5 1/2" then, have since grown to more than average).

Nowadays I am not ashamed showing off my cock to the world, so at the gym I always shower and like showing off my cock (not that it's all that big, I just LOVE it and am proud as f*** of it). The way I show off my cock w/o looking intentional is by getting buck naked at my locker and just throwing my towel over one shoulder as I walk to my stall.
 
Nowadays I am not ashamed showing off my cock to the world, so at the gym I always shower and like showing off my cock (not that it's all that big, I just LOVE it and am proud as f*** of it). The way I show off my cock w/o looking intentional is by getting buck naked at my locker and just throwing my towel over one shoulder as I walk to my stall.

Good for you man! It's nice to see a man act like a man and be proud of what he's got. :cool: I hate these guys who act like pussies about being naked. I'm not huge either, but I'm proud as hell of what I've got and I refuse to cover up or hide in the locker room, sauna and shower.
 
In my two years living in a dorm, bathroom shared with either 2 guys or 4 guys within the suite. Living in a double, I hated not having full privacy. I believe most of us have made the point that the shyness comes from being used to having privacy and the tacit understanding that if I look at a guy I'm gay.

I spent a summer at UIUC where I had to use a community bathroom. The majority of the guys would do like I did and change within the shower stalls. However, there were a few, who would walk in with just a towel on and etc. I just think its a combination of a desire for privacy, level of satisfaction with our bodies and level understanding of our own sexuality.
 
I lived in a dorm my freshman year and the showers had a separate changing area. I just used that to dry off in, I never took my clothes into the shower with me, I just wrapped a towel around myself. While living in my fraternity, we had one bathroom, and although it was separate stalls, everyone opened the curtain to dry off for some reason. Needless to say I did too just to fit in. I ended up not caring so much about it.
 
Nowadays I am not ashamed showing off my cock to the world, so at the gym I always shower and like showing off my cock (not that it's all that big, I just LOVE it and am proud as f*** of it). The way I show off my cock w/o looking intentional is by getting buck naked at my locker and just throwing my towel over one shoulder as I walk to my stall.
Good for you man! It's nice to see a man act like a man and be proud of what he's got. :cool: I hate these guys who act like pussies about being naked. I'm not huge either, but I'm proud as hell of what I've got and I refuse to cover up or hide in the locker room, sauna and shower.

A lot of people are cautious b/c they're uncomfortable with the notion that dudes'll be in the shower a little too eager to "show off". Making it an issue makes it an issue.
 
A lot of people are cautious b/c they're uncomfortable with the notion that dudes'll be in the shower a little too eager to "show off". Making it an issue makes it an issue.

Yeah, because this is so normal and doesn't draw more attention to oneself and make an issue out of something so mundane and routine:

http://www.posingboys.com/porn/760/images/13.jpg

Can you spot the pussy/tool in this photo? Absoultely ridiculous. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When I lived in a dorm there were only a very few guys who actually would get naked in the shower room. I remember there were some guys who would wait until nobody was in the communal bathroom at all and then they would quickly rush into the shower that had a thick stall door that locked and take a shower with a bathing suit or underwear on.

I know this because I'd go in to use the bathroom and they would be in there. Or I'd be taking a shower and they'd wait until I was done and had left the bathroom to take one even though it was obvious that they were there to take a shower.

For the person who said how Americans are prudes about nudity and sexually repressed the guys who did what I wrote about and had issues with their body and nudity were mainly all from europe, Africa, or the middle east.

When I'd shower in the dorm I also would not bring a lot of stuff with me and I would not bring clothing in there with me since it was just a walk down the hall.
 
I live in dorms right now, mine and as far as I know most in the UK have private bathrooms. Right now I have a double en-suite room with a huge desk/wardrobe and a safe. It's great, next year I'm getting a house with some friends of a friend which will be cool. Then I will be sharing 1 bath and 1 shower with 3 girls and 2 further guys. I'm not bothered, I'll walk to and from the bathroom wrapped in a towel or dressing gown and they wont see me naked as there's not enough room for joint bathing.
 
I'm finishing up my freshman year and I think a lot of you guys are really overthinking this. I'm gay and I'm comfortable with my body (though it's not perfect), but I always undress for a shower in the shower stalls. Here and there I change in front of my roommates, but we never get naked.

I change in the shower stall because it's about modesty. The doors to the bathroom/showers are always wide open from the hallway, and you never know who might be walking around to catch a glimpse. It's not about sexuality or about security, it's about the fact that you're in a public place, and I don't want to see the other guys in my floor naked just like they don't want to see me naked. And I say that as a VERY openly gay man. I barely know the guys in my hall at all, but even if you knew many of them, you don't know who's comfortable with what.

In life, you have to be respectful towards EVERYONE. That means being modest. Some guys walk into the bathrooms/shower stalls wearing just boxers, which is fine by me, and I guess fine with them, but I personally prefer to be clothed. That's it. It's not about homophobia, repressed sexuality, or anything like that.
 
At my college, the freshman dorms are all communal showers. No dividers, no curtains. Nothing but sweaty freshman.

But here's the problem: I transferred here after my freshman year, so I missed it all :-(
Now we have a private bathroom shared by 4 people. Whenever I find myself in a situation with public showers or in a locker room, I do my best to position myself and undress so that anyone who wants to look at me can do so as much as they want. I just like to have my dick looked at.

My roommates and I get naked in front of each other all the time. No shame/modesty/bashfulness whatsoever.
 
Last edited: