Eek! I think I am a Goth!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry, I was updating my post when you replied. :redface:

I added some links to really cool sites with neat stuff, be sure to especially chjeck the D.L & CO Modern Alchemists one. He has Gymnopédie by Eric Satie playing in an eternal loop over his site, so dark and elegant! :eek::biggrin1:

Spoiled Princess, a Gothic Garden would be so lovely.... A couple statues, hanging Spanish Moss, and really eerie plants...even a greenhouse all done up Victorian or Art Nouveau, with things like carnivorous and poisonous plants in them! :biggrin1:

ALSO... be sure to check out this artist's website... Mark Ryden. A strange mix of whimsical and morbid. Beautifully rendered oil paintings.

Just as far out there, is Ray Caesar. Elegant, morbid, and all done digitally through mastery of 3-d programs and texturing.

Uh...I'm enjoying this too much. :eek:

I just had to click on the link to D.L & CO Modern Alchemists just to hear the Erik Satie music! I love that piece!!!

fastandbulbous

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just to say that all of the goth-type women I've ever had anything to do with were some of the filthiest minded women I've ever encountered, by a long way; so much so I married one of them!

Personally I just can't carry it off as I find myself smiling too much (much the same reason that my wife doesn't fully qualify either - cheery, smiling goths just don't look right! :biggrin1: )

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update...

I have discovered that I am not a traditional Goth. I was New Romantic in the 80's but now I would fit comfortably within the category of Steam Punk. I love it! I refuse to not go to Hot Topic to pick up my thigh high striped stockings. I love corsets, and ruffles and though I love the look of bustles all need is a little ruffle I have my own built in version. I also am intrigued by the Japanese Goth Lolita phenom. I definitely could and on occassion have done something similar. I never knew there was a word for it. No wonder my ex boyfriend kept calling me Morticia! LOL! Hey, you gotta be yourself...

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ah, how I miss the goth subculture. Not much of a following down here in S.C. Minneapolis was great for lovers of goth/ industrial & punk lifestyles. Even WI was good for goth. I have so many great clothes that are going neglected. Though I do still keep my style geared toward the culture, just not as extreme. At least I still have and love my music. Nothing like a little Siouxsie, Sisters, KMFDM or Switchbalde blaring from the car while driving down Main st, Smalltown USA. Lol