Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cunning Stunt thread is a step too far.

If it's a joke - bad taste. If not, the mods shouldn't publicly slag off a former mod.

I know the mods are under pressure lately, and I'm a huge supporter of a number of them, but this is a serious misjudgement of the mood of the site.

I also think Mitchymo should be reinstated on a trial basis, and future mods should be subject to election (a mod-approved shortlist, for members to choose from, and also the chance of de-selection if a high percentage of members call for it). I know the mods have a job to do, but accountability may temper the decisions a bit.

Seriously considering leaving immediately, if I'm not banned first.

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
SOme will say now: don't take it all too serious, it's just the internet and it's just lpsg. And that is true. But how can you not take it all more serious if people mess with you like that. We are still people here, not some lame automtic computer with no feelings.
And the mods shouldn't take it that serious either and be a bit more loose, but not that loose that they make jokes about banning and saying bad stuff about forme members.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Cunning Stunt thread is a step too far.

If it's a joke - bad taste. If not, the mods shouldn't publicly slag off a former mod.

I know the mods are under pressure lately, and I'm a huge supporter of a number of them, but this is a serious misjudgement of the mood of the site.

I also think Mitchymo should be reinstated on a trial basis, and future mods should be subject to election (a mod-approved shortlist, for members to choose from, and also the chance of de-selection if a high percentage of members call for it). I know the mods have a job to do, but accountability may temper the decisions a bit.

Seriously considering leaving immediately, if I'm not banned first.
Joll, your post made me serious, and I fucking hate that!
I agree with you 100%!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Oh for fuck's sake, joll. Untwist your knickers, sit down, shut the fuck up.

If you don't know CS well enough to know what a joke the fake apology thread was then you don't know him well enough to be upset about him being banned (had it been real).

Mostly you're harmless but here you really need to get a fucking grip.

Also, Mitch was banned for a good reason (there, I said it). Can you shut the fuck up about it already, please?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media

If you don't know CS well enough to know what a joke the fake apology thread was then you don't know him well enough to be upset about him being banned (had it been real).

Also, Mitch was banned for a good reason (there, I said it). Can you shut the fuck up about it already, please?

Don't say that about Joll!!! :mad: He is more then you all. he is fair, considerate and all other positive stuff, he is one in a million.

It's not only about stunning cunt being banned. It's about the fact that after so many fights over here in the last few months about banned members you would think that the mods would have a brain at their side and don't act stupid about such subjects.

Well njqt or principessa was banned for a good reason too! And mitch was hundred times better then her and less disturbing.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm posting this as a member of LPSG, not as a mod and this is in no way an official word on the matter. My feelings as a mod and as a member are two different things.

Here is the problem - no matter how this is explained there will be some users who are not going to be satisfied with the reasons given. Some will claim that this is simply a moderator cover up and that there is some real foul play going on. Really should it be explained because it's likely the explanation will be taken out of context and applied to situations to which it does not apply.

The long and short of it is - this was a joke, nothing more or less, it was not some nod towards banned members but simply a cheeky wink at our processes, it was supposed to be self deprecating to show that we do still have a sense of humour.

Personally, I think it's sad that this has been taken the wrong way.

There is nothing more to this than a simple prank, if you don't agree with it that's fine - you don't have to - but please let's not make this into something that it's not. You are all entitled to be utterly outraged by this, that's your prerogative, as disheartening as that may be.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I joked about banning Patchos this morning, she laughed... people could learn a lot from her.

Over the last few months I've taken a few weekend breaks from the site, got caught up with work once or twice, and been ill a few times too. On some of those occasions I've returned to the site to find people I considered good friends no longer here, some perm banned, some temp banned, some extended temp banned, so I know bans aren't funny, I know they effect more than just the banned person, and speaking as both a mod and a member, I know that not everyone is going to agree with ban or the reasons for that ban. I also know that there is usually more to it than the bare facts out there on the forum.

When I got to the site this morning, I had a PM from someone I care about dearly, telling me that they are leaving. I checked the places I'd usually check for information to back this up, to see if they were serious or just letting off steam. Everything suggested they were serious, but knowing what day it was, I didn't react, I've still not reacted, and I still hope it's all an April Fools (I fear I may be wrong though)

People where in the chat room earlier, complaining and bitching about Rob E... stupid cunt can't run a site properly if his life depended on it, the whole fucking thing is upside down!!

The mods had avatar changes, several people claimed to be leaving, several came up with apparent lies they'd told, I got emails from people demanding to know why they'd been banned only for me to load the admin panel and find out the fuckers hadn't been and were just trying to piss me off, the company I have my servers with emailed to tell me there'd be extended down time and none of my sites would be working for a good few days, I've been directed to the gallery a good few times today for various mod related checks all which turned out to be guys trying to get me to look at their dicks... do I have to go on, or have you worked out that things happening today should maybe not be taken so fucking seriously?

Bannings aren't nice, but for the love of what ever you believe in, how anyone could believe it was real after having read his thread is beyond me, and if you took this as mocking previously banning members, then it says far more about you than it does anyone who took part in the days pranks.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Personally, I think it's sad that this has been taken the wrong way.

It's sad to have this kind of humour

Bannings aren't nice, but for the love of what ever you believe in, how anyone could believe it was real after having read his thread is beyond me, and if you took this as mocking previously banning members, then it says far more about you than it does anyone who took part in the days pranks.

Easy for you to say, you are a mod, you knew all about it. I don't do april the first, so isn't it logical that you take somethings more serious. I wasn't even aware that it was april the first.
If this is the way mods think they can make a joke, well then I feel sorry for you guys and then it says enough about you gusy and your respect for other members. this is just trolling around.
And believe me, if you got a mail about some leaving the site, it ain't a joke.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The long and short of it is - this was a joke, nothing more or less, it was not some nod towards banned members but simply a cheeky wink at our processes, it was supposed to be self deprecating to show that we do still have a sense of humour.

There is nothing more to this than a simple prank, if you don't agree with it that's fine - you don't have to - but please let's not make this into something that it's not. You are all entitled to be utterly outraged by this, that's your prerogative, as disheartening as that may be.

... for the love of what ever you believe in, how anyone could believe it was real after having read his thread is beyond me, and if you took this as mocking previously banning members, then it says far more about you than it does anyone who took part in the days pranks.

Lot of sense in both of those posts, imo.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's sad to have this kind of humour

Easy for you to say, you are a mod, you knew all about it. I don't do april the first, so isn't it logical that you take somethings more serious. I wasn't even aware that it was april the first.
If this is the way mods think they can make a joke, well then I feel sorry for you guys and then it says enough about you gusy and your respect for other members. this is just trolling around.
And believe me, if you got a mail about some leaving the site, it ain't a joke.

Must be nice knowing so much about everything... :rolleyes:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
there is a difference between good humour and this kind of humour
Pieter, I think you just don't get it.
Aconitum and Stunning Cunt and flame boy and Industrialize and others are not inconsiderate peeps who want to inflame and disturb people.
I suspect that this is just a type of humor that lands badly on you.
No need to make too much of it.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Dear miss Banisters, your reaction was uncalled for!
But you are forgiven, cause I honestly think you will chose your words next time you post!!!:smile:
You can always do better than this!

When I got to the site this morning, I had a PM from someone I care about dearly, telling me that they are leaving. I checked the places I'd usually check for information to back this up, to see if they were serious or just letting off steam. Everything suggested they were serious, but knowing what day it was, I didn't react, I've still not reacted, and I still hope it's all an April Fools (I fear I may be wrong though)
I believe that was the trigger of everything....
there is a difference between good humour and this kind of humour
Kid, please, just relax now....We will bring Jollio back!!!:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.