Ethnic Groups

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
NineInchCock_160IQ said:
I'm either 6.25 or 3.125% Cherokee. I forget which. Other than that... mostly English, German, Irish, Italian, French... but predominantly English/German. American.

I'm 100% stardust...beat that...:tongue:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
Doesn't leave many to like...:tongue:

The problem is that most people are unaware of most of the things governments do in their name!!

Brazilians and their history don't hold a great fascination for me..but that doesn't mean I think Brazilians are 'uninteresting' which I think is what Stronzo and me were saying.

I believe you....:rolleyes: I find Spanish and African history fascinating too.

Of course you do but, so does everyone..just don't be offended should that happen not to include Brazil OK....:biggrin1:

:tongue:

You see English Dong ?!

We are fascinated by different peoples groups - I'm not fascinated by colonizadoes but Natives people who tell their stories..They tell us their very ancient stories by themselves and the most fascinating cultures to me are the ones like that !

Some may call new lands and new world something that are new to us only...they look to them as uncivilized...their costumes sooo simple...but they are not for sure!

Yep i do agree that for some Brazilian history may not sound very interesting...(i think we had just one war with Paraguay and dont remember if we lost or own it)... but inside of Brazil we have fascinating Native Peoples that have fascinating story to tell and many of them we do not have their languages translated yet...boy thats is very fascinating to me !!!

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gisella said:
But im talking about English because im in USA and we were talking about Native Americans first and we have many more things wrote by English than others...they were/are more organized in put things on paper as we know....:biggrin1: and Hollywood still makemore movies about the lands colonized by England for sure...

Yesterday i watch "The New World" movie too...beware.

You seemed, Gisella, when I mentioned enjoying the English people and their countryside and manners/customs to take a personal shot at them. That's the point to which I take singular issue.

The English are no more appropriate a target than any other group.

That was my point. And since I am, by heredity English, I take exception to you singling them out. It's very popular to do so I realize but it's a convenient use of "scapegoating". The English also have a rich history and an amazing culture. Were it not for them (in large part) their third and fourth generations would not have settled this land we all now call home (those of us who are American). Nor would they (those largely the descendants of ENGLISHMEN) fought for our freedom from Great Britain.

That English culture is not simply one of subjugation. To think that way is to look at the convenient hype of the day only. "Oh those bad old Anglos":rolleyes: Yes as dong says they too 'have blood on their hands'. But if you want to take it to its fullest extent the Native American tribes weren't exactly living the "Peaceable Kingdom".:rolleyes:

The Mayans, Toltecs, Incas, and Aztecs practiced human sacrifice for all your praise of indigenous cultures.

Prior to any European arrival on American shores tribes were warring against one another as a matter of course.

My point is that NO culture is free of aggression and avarice which, in my opinion, is what dominance in the cultural sense is (in large measure) all about.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dong20 said:
LOL.....sadly I'm not alone in this..I have almost 6 Billions siblings...no wonder it's hard to sleep sometimes..:rolleyes:

Maybe you do dong my friend but Tony Blair and George Walker Bush and Fidel Castro are not among my extended family.:wink:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gisella said:
:tongue:

You see English Dong ?!

:confused: :tongue:

Gisella said:
We are fascinated by different peoples groups - I'm not fascinated by colonizadoes but Natives people who tell their stories..They tell us their very ancient stories by themselves and the most fascinating cultures to me are the ones like that !

Remember the English had native peoples with tales to tell and we were colonised more than once, I bear no ill will to the Romans for example. I do think you should try and look past that 'colonizadoes' label it can sound rather judgemental.

Gisella said:
Yep i do agree that for some Brazilian history may not sound very interesting...(i think we had just one war with Paraguay and dont remember if we lost or own it)... but inside of Brazil we have fascinating Native Peoples that have fascinating story to tell and many of them we do not have their languages translated yet...boy thats is very fascinating to me !!!

I think almost all history is interesting to some degree, it's whatever you identify with I guess.:biggrin1:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Stronzo said:
Maybe you do dong my friend but Tony Blair and George Walker Bush and Fidel Castro are not among my extended family.:wink:

Well I have a residual respect for Castro (for what he was not what he now is) but the other two are without doubt the bastard offspring of some parallel universe.:rolleyes:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
dong20 said:
Well I have a residual respect for Castro (for what he was not what he now is) but the other two are without doubt the bastard offspring of some parallel universe.:rolleyes:

Do you realize I had to consider Castro before I included him for that very same reason but I wanted to add a little current balance and he came most immediately to mind?

Fucking cracked me up!:biggrin1:

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
Most of the European nations colonized. It is reprehensible only in hindsight. To deny England's contributions to our culture is to ignore history. Read Lies My (or is it Your?)Teachers Told Me (You?); the decimation of Native Americans was unthinkable, motivated by greed, but the unintended residue of that chapter in our early history is a culture steeped in English (and other) ethnicity that defines our ethos. Native Americans' culture is important to preserve, but we shouldn't negate what is simply because of previous acts. Guilt has no place in this. Just my opinion...

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Stronzo said:
You seemed, Gisella, when I mentioned enjoying the English people and their countryside and manners/customs to take a personal shot at them. That's the point to which I take singular issue.

The English are no more appropriate a target than any other group.

That was my point. And since I am, by heredity English, I take exception to you singling them out. It's very popular to do so I realize but it's a convenient use of "scapegoating". The English also have a rich history and an amazing culture. Were it not for them (in large part) their third and fourth generations would not have settled this land we all now call home (those of us who are American). Nor would they (those largely the descendants of ENGLISHMEN) fought for our freedom from Great Britain.

That English culture is not simply one of subjugation. To think that way is to look at the convenient hype of the day only. "Oh those bad old Anglos":rolleyes: Yes as dong says they too 'have blood on their hands'. But if you want to take it to its fullest extent the Native American tribes weren't exactly living the "Peaceable Kingdom".:rolleyes:

The Mayans, Toltecs, Incas, and Aztecs practiced human sacrifice for all your praise of indigenous cultures.

Prior to any European arrival on American shores tribes were warring against one another as a matter of course.

My point is that NO culture is free of aggression and avarice which, in my opinion, is what dominance in the cultural sense is (in large measure) all about.

I understand Stronzo...I lived in England for a short while...but still did not find it fascinating...there are lots of history old buildings and etc...but not fascinating to me.

But for sure find that public service people are very polite and the best impression that i had was about that...politeness. I think English police are very very polite ( i come from a place that they are rude...)

Everybody for sure have the right to be pround of their heritages !

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gisella said:
I understand Stronzo...I lived in England for a short while...but still did not find it fascinating...there are lots of history old buildings and etc...but not fascinating to me.

But for sure find that public service people are very polite and the best impression that i had was about that...politeness. I think English police are very very polite ( i come from a place that they are rude...)

Everybody for sure have the right to be pround of their heritages !

Good. Thanks for your explanation. I went to University in England so I lived there too and it's just those same things you dislike that appeal so greatly to me since restoration/conservation architecture is my life's work.

Much like my heritage and my homosexuality I suspect it's somehow written into my DNA to find things English appealing innately.

By the way? I'm absolutely crazy about the beach at Ipanema. I love Brazil. There's a piece of me that feels a personal affiliation that's beyond the tactile too to the place. Odd that.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
:hug:

Well the "England" that i love and adopted in my heart and was the first state i lived in the USA was Boston Ma...in New England:tongue:

If i could choose a state to be reborn as US citizen it will be there...i love her and live there for a while.

The heritage from her is in my heart !

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gisella said:
:hug:

Well the "England" that i love and adopted in my heart and was the first state i lived in the USA was Boston Ma...in New England:tongue:

If i could choose a state to be reborn as US citizen it will be there...i love her and live there for a while.

The heritage from her is in my heart !

I like Boston too..last time I was there it was Winter and snowy.. I have a soft spot for Long Island, I spent a very relaxing few days on Shelter Island before catching the ferry up to Connecticut and hence to Boston.

A slow drive back to Manhattan over a week via the Catskills, Yonkers and Bronxys' neighborhood....happy days and lots of ethinc groups enroute.:biggrin1:

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
Gisella said:
Native Peoples fascinates me a lot whereever a go...i want to just talk to them and listen to stories, love cultures that tell stories... Here i visited the Cherookees in NC too but wish to go other Reservations.

I saw a Lakota man that i still carry him in my mind to this day...i could not help but stare at him and smille and stare again good thing that he stared at me too...but that was the end of the story...man, i have to spend time in the Dakotas for sure...

I'm very mixed races in my ancestry.

I don't think this helps natives at all. Seperating anyone because of race, in a positive or negative fashion, does harm. Natives have had it rough, but continuing to seperate them just makes it worse. If you want to help them, try to expose what the government is still doing to them.

I know of something happening in Canada, by the Canadian goverment at the Six Nations reservation. The goverment is trying to 'buy' land from the reservation, for some reason I can't fathom, and the natives started protesting. Instead of trying to help, thier neighbors started, of all things, a protest to protest the native protest. I know on this side of the border, our government, specifically the NY state government, which isn't even supposed to deal with the reservation, is trying to tax the reservation, which not only goes against an already signed treaty, but is unconstitutional, as it was specified that natives are not to be taxed. Most people don't know about this, and the people I tell seem to be mostly apathetic, or agree with the government.

Unfortunately, the reservations are too poor to fight these legaly, so most natives are willing to fight this physically.

PowayWolfman

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
thenewmag said:
I was just wondering what is the percentage of the different ethnic groups on this site. As for me im Native American. Just wondering if there is any native americans are on lpsg. Sorry i don't know if this was the right place to put this here.

German, Irish, Italian, Navajo indian... :)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Honey_Grrrl83 said:
It's great to see this many diverse people:tongue: Someday there will be no races,we will all just be people:rolleyes:

Remember those races are people. It will be a sad and boring world where we cease to appreciate and celebrate the differences between the various 'flavour' of people without negativity, their disparate beliefs and heritage are a huge part of what makes the world such a fascinating place. I would hate to live in a homogenised world...

It's those who seek to create divisiveness based in whole or part on those differences who cause problems which I guess is what you meant.