Frank Sinatra

Dude!

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Mar 22 2005, 08:57 PM
I didn't know that about the Singapore Sling. Very interesting tidbit indeed. 'Night Of The Iguana' is a wonderful film and one of my Ava favourites. I also love 'The Barefoot Contessa' and 'Mogambo' too and of course 'Show Boat.' Here's a little known fact, Edna Ferber's 'Show Boat' is set on the Mississippi River but she actually spent several weeks aboard a show boat in North Carolina and based The Cotton Blossom and it's characters on her encounters there. There's some useless trivia for ya!
[post=293026]Quoted post[/post]​

Long Island Ice Tea please...

mmmmm

"Maybe they should call this a large island ice tea"

PS is awesome with Dr. Pepper instead of coke.

rassle_98

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dude&#33;+Mar 24 2005, 08:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dude&#33; &#064; Mar 24 2005, 08:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jeepwranglerboi@Mar 22 2005, 08:57 PM
I didn&#39;t know that about the Singapore Sling. Very interesting tidbit indeed. &#39;Night Of The Iguana&#39; is a wonderful film and one of my Ava favourites. I also love &#39;The Barefoot Contessa&#39; and &#39;Mogambo&#39; too and of course &#39;Show Boat.&#39; Here&#39;s a little known fact, Edna Ferber&#39;s &#39;Show Boat&#39; is set on the Mississippi River but she actually spent several weeks aboard a show boat in North Carolina and based The Cotton Blossom and it&#39;s characters on her encounters there. There&#39;s some useless trivia for ya&#33;
[post=293026]Quoted post[/post]​

Long Island Ice Tea please...

mmmmm

"Maybe they should call this a large island ice tea"

PS is awesome with Dr. Pepper instead of coke.
[post=293785]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

funny you should mention that....

uhhhh... so ... are there any FRANK SINATRA COMMENTS OR PICTURES?

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Where to start?

First , hit him with the pumps Joan Crawford wears in STRAIGHT JACKET...the number one funniest Joan Crawford flick. (thats the one where Oooooooooollllllld Joanie dresses up in her 1940s "fuckme" pumps and flirts with her daughter&#39;s boyfriend...she even strikes a match on a phonograph record......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppp).

Secondly, YES Ava Gardner was gorgeous and her finest hour IMHO is in NIGHT OF THE IGUANA. She is beautiful in SHOWBOAT.....and in THATS ENTERTAINMENT PART3 they have synced her original singing track of
"cant help lovin dat man"...which IMHO is far superior to the woman who dubbed her for the film (annette warren.....yikes,dont ask me how i know these things).

And finally........I love Sinatra&#39;s singing, love his movies (especially HIGH SOCIETY, YOUNG AT HEART and MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE) but......i am probably one of the only people on the planet who finds Frank unattractive......i do not want to know or see or hear about his penis.
"start spreadin&#39; the newwwwwwwwwwssss"
:D

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
This is amazing&#33;

I can take or leave Sinatra so I ignored this thread, but all the time it was really about my favorite 50&#39;s sex goddess- Ava&#33;

I think she was one Hollywood&#39;s most beautiful women. Thanks to all of you for these stories about her life and times. Sounds like she was grand broad.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Mar 31 2005, 12:15 AM
She is beautiful in SHOWBOAT.....and in THATS ENTERTAINMENT PART3 they have synced her original singing track of
"cant help lovin dat man"...which IMHO is far superior to the woman who dubbed her for the film (annette warren.....yikes,dont ask me how i know these things).

And finally........I love Sinatra&#39;s singing, love his movies (especially HIGH SOCIETY, YOUNG AT HEART and MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE) but......i am probably one of the only people on the planet who finds Frank unattractive......i do not want to know or see or hear about his penis.
[post=295335]Quoted post[/post]​
I totally agree with you Jeff. Her voice had that sultry, whiskey tint to it that I think Julie would have had. Annette Warren&#39;s voice is fine but it just had a more classically trained tone to it.

I too do not find Old Blue Eyes very attractive either. I don&#39;t think he is repulsive but he certainly isn&#39;t what I would call a hunk either. Did you know that he was supposed to be Billy Bigelow in the film of &#39;Carousel&#39; but dropped out after he found out that they had to go back and re-shoot every scene from another angle due to Cinemascope I believe.

NelsonMuntz84: Yeah he was very lazy, during Ocean&#39;s 11, they did no reshoots because Sinatra felt they were a waste of time if you got it in 1.

I find Sinatra a interesting subject, his life and who he met and knew, I&#39;m not sure who is this day and age would find him attractive, but saying that, give any guy money and some hanger&#39;s on and he suddenly becomes attractive to alot of people.

I certainly wouldn&#39;t have mind sleeping with some of the Women he did&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw some of the costume test photos for Sinatra in CAROUSEL.
YIPES.
Hi-de-ous.
Frankieboy doesnt look good in a curly wig.

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He was originally a pop hit with young teenage girls, 12-14. This was in the 40&#39;s. Then he sorta disappeared after a few years and probably wouldn&#39;t have been heard from again, except he got a big break for a small role in From Here to Eternity. It won best picture and he luckily got a best supporting actor Oscar. He was only about 27 or so, but it saved his career. The rumor was mobsters pulled strings to get him in the movie and this is hinted to in The Godfather. A producre refuses to put the singer in his movie and he wakes up with his prize polo pony&#39;s head in his bed.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Satsfakshun@Mar 31 2005, 08:28 PM
He was originally a pop hit with young teenage girls, 12-14.  This was in the 40&#39;s.  Then he sorta disappeared after a few years and probably wouldn&#39;t have been heard from again, except he got a big break for a small role in From Here to Eternity.  It won best picture and he luckily got a best supporting actor Oscar.  He was only about 27 or so, but it saved his career.  The rumor was mobsters pulled strings to get him in the movie and this is hinted to in The Godfather.  A producre refuses to put the singer in his movie and he wakes up with his prize polo pony&#39;s head in his bed.
[post=295624]Quoted post[/post]​
Actually, Ava Gardner got him that role. She had worked with the director, Fred Zinnemann on &#39;Kid Glove Killer.&#39;

Zinnemann debunks the Sinatra/Godfather stories that claim the actor got his role through some gang intersession maintaining that studio head Harry Cohen gave him the role at the suggestion of Sinatra&#39;s then wife Ava Gardner. No horse&#39;s heads here.
From Here To Eternity

NelsonMuntz84:
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi+Mar 31 2005, 11:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepwranglerboi &#064; Mar 31 2005, 11:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Satsfakshun@Mar 31 2005, 08:28 PM
He was originally a pop hit with young teenage girls, 12-14.  This was in the 40&#39;s.  Then he sorta disappeared after a few years and probably wouldn&#39;t have been heard from again, except he got a big break for a small role in From Here to Eternity.  It won best picture and he luckily got a best supporting actor Oscar.  He was only about 27 or so, but it saved his career.  The rumor was mobsters pulled strings to get him in the movie and this is hinted to in The Godfather.  A producre refuses to put the singer in his movie and he wakes up with his prize polo pony&#39;s head in his bed.
Actually, Ava Gardner got him that role. She had worked with the director, Fred Zinnemann on &#39;Kid Glove Killer.&#39;

Zinnemann debunks the Sinatra/Godfather stories that claim the actor got his role through some gang intersession maintaining that studio head Harry Cohen gave him the role at the suggestion of Sinatra&#39;s then wife Ava Gardner. No horse&#39;s heads here.
From Here To Eternity
[post=295646]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

He went in a huff about that scene in the Godfather for years ; I found this on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/trivia

According to a Playboy interview with Mario Puzo, the character of Johnny Fontane was not Frank Sinatra. However, everyone assumed that it was, and Sinatra was so incensed by it that he refused to speak to Puzo when first introduced but rather spoke to Puzo in rather vulgar terms through his (Sinatra&#39;s) friend, Jilly Rizzo.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I&#39;ll have to agree with a couple of you about Sinatra&#39;s looks. He&#39;s one I could enjoy listening to only if I didn&#39;t have to watch him as he sang. And, speaking of hard looking celebs, Fred Astaire is another one, but I had to watch his talent for dancing. I prefered Gene Kelley&#39;s dancing because of his being a hunk.

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by NelsonMuntz84+Mar 31 2005, 10:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NelsonMuntz84 &#064; Mar 31 2005, 10:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi@Mar 31 2005, 11:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Satsfakshun
@Mar 31 2005, 08:28 PM

From Here To Eternity
[post=295646]Quoted post[/post]​

He went in a huff about that scene in the Godfather for years ; I found this on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/trivia

According to a Playboy interview with Mario Puzo, the character of Johnny Fontane was not Frank Sinatra. However, everyone assumed that it was, and Sinatra was so incensed by it that he refused to speak to Puzo when first introduced but rather spoke to Puzo in rather vulgar terms through his (Sinatra&#39;s) friend, Jilly Rizzo.
[post=295778]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

He went in a huff? How &#39;bout a minute and a huff?

Just kidding... I agree and should have worded it better. I don&#39;t think they intended to implicate Frank in the Godfather, just that that&#39;s how people have interpreted it. I guess I also didn&#39;t make it clear that when he was really young, he had a lot of screaming teenage fans who thought he was the sexiest man alive. I&#39;ve only seen black & white photos of him at that age, but he supposedly had some ultry sultry blue eyes... He was waifishly thin, too.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by RoysToy@Apr 1 2005, 05:21 AM
I&#39;ll have to agree with a couple of you about Sinatra&#39;s looks. He&#39;s one I could enjoy listening to only if I didn&#39;t have to watch him as he sang. And, speaking of hard looking celebs, Fred Astaire is another one, but I had to watch his talent for dancing. I prefered Gene Kelley&#39;s dancing because of his being a hunk.
[post=295812]Quoted post[/post]​
I completely agree with you&#33; I admire Fred Astaire for his grace and talent but when I was a kid I was obsessed with Gene Kelley&#39;s dancing. Speaking of hot, ever see him in &#39;The Pirate&#39; with Judy Garland? He wears these short little hot pants. Very sezzy. I always felt that Fred came across a bit femme on camera but Gene always had that very manly way about his dancing. He is definitely someone whom I admire.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by jeepwranglerboi+Apr 1 2005, 06:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepwranglerboi &#064; Apr 1 2005, 06:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoysToy@Apr 1 2005, 05:21 AM
I&#39;ll have to agree with a couple of you about Sinatra&#39;s looks.    He&#39;s one I could enjoy listening to only if I didn&#39;t have to watch him as he sang.    And, speaking of hard looking celebs, Fred Astaire is another one, but I had to watch his talent for dancing.  I prefered Gene Kelley&#39;s dancing because of his being a hunk.
[post=295812]Quoted post[/post]​
I completely agree with you&#33; I admire Fred Astaire for his grace and talent but when I was a kid I was obsessed with Gene Kelley&#39;s dancing. Speaking of hot, ever see him in &#39;The Pirate&#39; with Judy Garland? He wears these short little hot pants. Very sezzy. I always felt that Fred came across a bit femme on camera but Gene always had that very manly way about his dancing. He is definitely someone whom I admire.
[post=295913]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Thanks, It big, its beautiful, and you&#39;re gonna love it :excl: -- for expressing your agreement and for the reference to "The Pirate". I don&#39;t recall if I&#39;ve seen the movie, so I&#39;ll order it from Netflix and see the DVD. I agree that a hunk dancing is a sexual stimulation to me every time, and I&#39;m looking forward to viewing the short little hot pants you describe. :toast:

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
I agree, Sinatra looks and style never appealed to me whether he was young or old but lots of women found something seductively sexy about him.

Did you know Lauren Bacall and Sinatra almost married? They were going at it pretty intense a cpuple of years after Bogy&#39;s death, and she expected a proposal but it never came. She did not ask him, of course, Bacall may have played strong women on screen but she really liked men who took charge. A marriage to Sinatra would have been a disaster, there being a difference betwee a guy who takes charge and a guy who&#39;s just an ass.

But the VOICE, the VOICE. no body has ever interpreted American pop love songs as well as Sinatra. Specifically in the 50&#39;s recordings arranged by....was it Les Brown?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by RoysToy@Apr 1 2005, 07:16 PM
"The Pirate". I don&#39;t recall if I&#39;ve seen the movie

Wait, wait, WAIT&#33; You list yourself as 80% homosexual, but can&#39;t recall whether or not you&#39;ve seen The Pirate? You must correct this immediately, or your card may be revoked. I mean, it is a Judy Garland flick&#33;

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Apr 1 2005, 09:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Apr 1 2005, 09:31 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-RoysToy@Apr 1 2005, 07:16 PM
"The Pirate".  I don&#39;t recall if I&#39;ve seen the movie

Wait, wait, WAIT&#33; You list yourself as 80% homosexual, but can&#39;t recall whether or not you&#39;ve seen The Pirate? You must correct this immediately, or your card may be revoked. I mean, it is a Judy Garland flick&#33;
[post=295943]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

But, you see, this was during the years of my denial and I refused to even allow myself to think along those lines. The change has been phenomenal and I&#39;m trying to make up for lost time, DMW. Help me&#33;

spaceyfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay, I've heard tales that this guy was REALLY well-endowed and even had special underwear made for him to hold his package. The thought of it turns me on - Sinatra had the sexiest voice ever! In his younger days (probably through his 40s-early 50s) he was pretty darn hot too - and quite the little Italian Stallion!

Any one have any 'telling' photos of the Chairman? He must have had something special down there, as he was quite the hit with the ladies!

BarebackJack

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I remember hearing as a teen (and that was over 20 years ago) that Sinatra had somewhere in the range of 11-12 inches, but in all this time I have never seen any evidence that this is true.

Maybe that's what Nancy Reagan's infatuation with him was...