Gym dick

Jumbo151

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen the same thing, and to me, it seems a silly thing to be concerned about, especially in a gym. We're all men, we all have the same equipment, maybe some of us have larger cocks then others, but nothing we havent seen before, nothing to be ashamed of. Remember (way back for me) when we were back in high school, gym, public shower (no exceptions), all the while dealing with 'raging hormones'. I remember getting kidded because I was on the large side and those raging hormones didn't help. Being bare and showing wasn't a big deal then, and isn't now.

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've seen the same thing, and to me, it seems a silly thing to be concerned about, especially in a gym. We're all men, we all have the same equipment, maybe some of us have larger cocks then others, but nothing we havent seen before, nothing to be ashamed of. Remember (way back for me) when we were back in high school, gym, public shower (no exceptions), all the while dealing with 'raging hormones'. I remember getting kidded because I was on the large side and those raging hormones didn't help. Being bare and showing wasn't a big deal then, and isn't now.

I wasn't aware that we all attended your highschool.

jakepierce69

Experimental Member
Media
i totally agree man... i mean some people just act like they want to get in and out as quickly as possible. if thats the case they should go home and shower. the hole point of the change room/sauna/steam room is to relax in comfort after a workout. i know i walk around as if i had clothing on and get looks as if there saying "what the hell is he doing" but im just trying to relax. i know a mate of mine who didnt because he would always get hard, and this i can understand. but otherwise, drop the towel guys!

Witlof

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are some guys you don't want to see naked -- I'm thinking work colleagues. A few years ago I had a job where free gym membership was provided. So there were always lots of work colleagues at this particular gym. I was pretty shy about changing there (not undies under the towel, but modest). Whereas I'm more relaxed when I'm at a non-work gym.

Jumbo151

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi NOINRI - just saw your e mail, cute. However, different pew, but same church. We all went through the trials and tribulations of adolescence. When morphed into adults, we're expected to put the insecurities behind us. As adults, we have a confidence, that the kids don'ts have, we, as men, are comfortable with our bodies. So what if we have cocks, etc.,, in the correct environment, there should be no discomfort with either seeing everything or everything being seen. We're in a gym, a gym is for getting fit, in a gym there are lockers and bench's (in one common room) for changing to gym clothes/to street clothes, and for showers. We shower naked.
True, our bodies are different.. our shapes, our weight, whether we're large or small, it all makes not one iota of difference. We all have the same equipment, they function the same way ...you know what I have, I know what you have. What sense does it make to try and hide it or make yourself uncomfortable because of it.

drrionelli

Experimental Member
Media
I've noticed these "cover up" behaviours at the gym, too. But where I really see them is at bars and pubs in the gent's room. Three urinals and only one guy will be in the room at a time. I mean, what's up with that?

DiegoID

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i totally agree man... i mean some people just act like they want to get in and out as quickly as possible. if thats the case they should go home and shower. the hole point of the change room/sauna/steam room is to relax in comfort after a workout. i know i walk around as if i had clothing on and get looks as if there saying "what the hell is he doing" but im just trying to relax. i know a mate of mine who didnt because he would always get hard, and this i can understand. but otherwise, drop the towel guys!

Since when did the Locker/Changing room become the exhibitionist room?
The whole point of the Changing room is to change clothes. The point of the shower room is to get clean. The point of the Locker room is to store your stuff while working out. Ok the Sauna is for relaxing, but most of the time at my gym people will still wear their bathing suit or towel. The locker/shower/changing areas are not places for you to stare creepily at the men, or to parade around neckid. If you want to walk from your locker to the shower necked no big deal to me.

Personally I'm not offended at excessive nakedness, especially in a locker room setting, but at some point the nakedness goes from Gym locker room to Gay Bath-house.

I guess my point is, if you are cruzing for guys, go to a bar! If you want to hang out in an all male setting without clothes on go to a bathouse. Although I admit that I don't mind taking a quick peek at someone else's peen, but it's not the reason I'm at the Gym!

If you want to relax, you should go home! I guess i took some offense because I'm one of the guys who just wants to get in, change, workout, shower, change and go home.

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi NOINRI - just saw your e mail, cute. However, different pew, but same church. We all went through the trials and tribulations of adolescence. When morphed into adults, we're expected to put the insecurities behind us. As adults, we have a confidence, that the kids don'ts have, we, as men, are comfortable with our bodies. So what if we have cocks, etc.,, in the correct environment, there should be no discomfort with either seeing everything or everything being seen. We're in a gym, a gym is for getting fit, in a gym there are lockers and bench's (in one common room) for changing to gym clothes/to street clothes, and for showers. We shower naked.
True, our bodies are different.. our shapes, our weight, whether we're large or small, it all makes not one iota of difference. We all have the same equipment, they function the same way ...you know what I have, I know what you have. What sense does it make to try and hide it or make yourself uncomfortable because of it.

Not everyone's adolescence involved public nudity. Mine didn't thank god. That was my point. And it's not always about being insecure. Many reasons throughout this thread have already been given that I won't repeat.

What it comes down to is this. No offense but just mine your own business. Not you specifically but in general. It's because of such scrutiny that society is the way that it is and not just in the situation being discussed here. You're view on it isn't the "CORRECT" one and the other side of the issue isn't the "CORRECT" one. They're both okay. Do what you like and stop criticizing. Not helping at all. No one is going to make you cover up your penis or any other part of your body and you aren't going to make anybody strip for you.

Heck, I may be an extreme case but I won't even walk around with my shirt off. I don't even wear shorts. Haven't been in a pool in years but if I were to today, I'd wear a shirt.

Jumbo151

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No criticism intended. Just a comment to a thread about precautions taken to avoid being seen. I too agree, not there to be a voy'r, I don't like to be stared at and I don't do it either. Don't go out of my way for nudity, but, in a correct setting, don't hide from it either.
I was in the Military for a few years, and there, there is def a total lack of privacy. We didn't show off, nor did we make others uncomfortable. It's where I learned to be comfortable with my body, not show off just accepting of my own and others. If you've ever been in a military enviroment, you know what I mean. Small unit, small living quarters, limited bunk/personal space. showered, shaved, bathroom ablutions in an area too small to be believed.. Nothing sacred. We made the best of it.

As far as apparel and water...well...that's what makes all unique...we're all individuals, with our own likes and dislkes.

Hope I didn't offend. Think I might have.

bistudoc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Times have just changed...nobody has to shower in school anymore. I'll be a lot of guys don't even want their girlfriends to see them naked...

As for the gym, I've recently seen several guys in their 20s take off their shirts and take what amounts to a shower while standing at the sinks because they are too shy to take off their pants and use the damn shower. It's funny to watch other people's puzzled reactions.

I also saw a guy contort himself to take off his underwear while leaving his loose gym shorts on. He was going to use the sauna and didn't want anyone to see his ass I guess.

There is a definite group mentality to nakedness in a locker room. If everyone else is getting naked, guys feel more comfortable joining in too. You don't stand out. It's totally true with sports...Most guys don't want to be the only one dropping their pants. Also, if there are a bunch of old naked guys running around, it's a bit awkward.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
This is a topic near and dear to me. I believe ALL men should just fuckin go naked in the locker room. I think men NEED that kind of connection; there are few male-bonding rituals or places anymore.
I've noticed in my gym the older guys, most of whom are fat and out of shape, have no problem getting naked. I saw a fat guy there the other day who had prety good sized balls but his cock was invisible, yet even HE walked around naked. I think it's good for the male soul.
Those guys who do the modesty dance need to sac up and just fuckin deal. As adults, not much cocksize teasing goes on, and yeah I know it's an issue in high school. Would be great if it weren't.
Maybe I missed this, but isn't NZ All Blacks the name of a team, not some statement on race, as some guy seemed to imply?
While we're at it:
1. Wear JOCKSTRAPS like a man
2. Use a GROUP SHOWER like a man.
3. Wear BRIEFS like a man.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
And while we're at it, could you guys please stop putting apostrophe's after word's that don't need apostrophe's. Just becau'se a word has an "s" in it, doesn't mean it need's apostrophe's.
Increase English literacy in your country! Yeah!

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Guys who do what you describe, gymlad, are a bunch of pussies, plain and simple.

Thanks for having a healthy attitude.

...I only ask because of the sheer effort some guys go through to make sure no one in the locker room see's their penis. When they end up doing the towel dance I always wonder is it a) because they have the endowment of a hamster, b)they think im perving or c) everyone's face would melt off a la raiders of the lost ark.

Are we men? Or are we little boys in pe class being told to shower for the first time. FFS

Last edited:
Media
I did a gig last summer as a camp counselor. I guess cuz I wreslted in hs that i was used to some nudity. But like the campers I over saw were all like freaked out by the open shower, they would go in there with their swim suits on, to shower, then do the towel dance thing someone talked about, to change. To me I did not care, as long as they tech showered once a day. It just seemed to be a lot of effort to go to, wrap a towel around your boxers, then change into swim suit, then shower then wrap towel around then change,,,but I guess that is just the way dudes are today.

The dudes (mostly older it seems) that want to prance around all nude in a locker room seem like the other end of the problem. I guess if i had to choose Id rather be around guys who covered up with towels then the freaks who have to walk around naked bending over all over the place, thats just wrong!

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you are in the locker room or shower with no intention but to get cleaned up and dressed....nothing should bother you. I guess what I'm saying is...if you are looking around at who's wearing a towel, whos naked, whos "prancing around naked" then maybe you have some things to think about.

I don't believe I have to explain myself to anyone if I choose to walk from the shower area to my locker naked.

Jumbo151

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your so right, taken. The purpose of a locker room is to provide an area, where one can undress/change/shower etc., It's a given, that in a locker room environment, there is going to be some degree of nudity. Whether I choose to sit, walk, talk, go the shower, whatever, in my birthday suit, shouldn't be a concern. Most of us arn't there to prance or look. Whether someone see's my penis or I see theirs shouldn't even be a consideration. It's also a given that a locker room will be filled with men in various stages of dress or undress running the gamut from totally bare to sitting around in our underwear to fully dressed. The hiders really do need to put childhood aside.

I've learned to be comfortable with what I was given. I don't show off, I try to minimize visibility but I don't hide either.

NOINRI

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whether I choose to sit, walk, talk, go the shower, whatever, in my birthday suit, shouldn't be a concern.
And whether I choose to sit, walk, talk, go to the shower, whatever, in my ear muffs, ski mask, sun shades, gloves, trench coat, jogging pants, socks and boots or not should be of no concern to you or anybody else. Get it? Don't be a hypocrite. Can't have it both ways. Okay your way but no other way. History is littered with such a foundation that has held up some pretty horrific and ridiculous circumstances.

Most of us arn't there to prance or look. Whether someone see's my penis or I see theirs shouldn't even be a consideration.
Yet here you are considering it and oh yeah, there's a thread devoted to not being able to see public penis and why that's wrong. '-'

It's also a given that a locker room will be filled with men in various stages of dress or undress running the gamut from totally bare to sitting around in our underwear to fully dressed.
If it's a given, which it is, then why are you and others so angry?

The hiders really do need to put childhood aside.
And by "putting childhood aside" you're referring to all the disgruntled crying and whining over not getting what you want: Public Penis, yes?

I've learned to be comfortable with what I was given. I don't show off, I try to minimize visibility but I don't hide either.
Again it's being made out to be a penis issue. There are just as many confident people who cover up as well. Every situation isn't about penis size at all. Read through this thread and you'll see other points of view from which to view this non-issue.

And I read in another post a member shouting to "do things like a MAN", such as being naked in a locker room full of guys and feeling comfortable about it.

My friend, there is nothing manly about moaning in a thread because you don't get to see as much public penis as you'd like.

Last edited:
Media
Wow,

Like some of you dudes really think this is important? LOL,,,I mean like I totally agree about the walking to the shower part, its no big deal, but there are dudes who seem to make it a hobby of walking around naked in the locker room, I mean seriously there are like dudes at the gym who spend more time in the steam room, showers & locker area than they do in the weight room.

I do think it has something to do with age. Fact is my generation & younger don't like public nudity, dont ask me why. For me its just necessity if I want to go to the gym & take a shower or sauna or steam its cool, although I wrap myself with a towel when I do except when Im actually in the shower. But I go with friends who work out with me then split home to shower. I suppose in time gyms like schools wont need showers anymore.