Gym/Pool showers

B_orleandersee

1st Like
Media
i know exactly what u mean. ive noticed that guys my age dont even shower at the gym. i used to go to a high end gym and everyone there showered. they had towels for the steamroom and everyone wore theirs though one european just layed crotch open just for me to see it was unbelievably hot..

anyway, i now go to a 24hr fitness and it is now appalling! the fucking thing is co-ed.. the saunas and steam room all require some kind of clothing so most everyone goes in there wearing whatever they just worked out in..

the locker rooms? forget about it, they all changed underneath the towels particularly the older ones.. some just grab their shit and go.

the younger ones go in there, chit chat, lock their shit up and go.. some of them take cell phone pictures in the mirror and thats it..

i sometimes dont blame them though because some of the men that go in there are pretty gross and some pretty big not to mention fat.. once this guy took the biggest crap ever and moaned for the whole locker room to hear it (though nobody was there other than me) and walked around completely naked burping and being gross.. it was disgusting!

it got to the point where i was a little scared to even be in there so now i hardly even frequently go.

i guess the thing is that they idiots go to the gym with their friends who they more than likely go to school with so thats something they dont share otherwise they'd be 'gay'.

our generation is also way more aware of sexuality than these older bozos so that may have something to do with it. we know men and we know what they do whether one is straight or gay though back in the day all of those things were taboo and were never really spoken about.. things change... seeing the beckhams on tv half naked every day certainly i dont think helps.. most of those kids, are probably not naked out of fear and insecurity.

most of the guys here are uncut though the straight ones are probably a little less familiar with it. the gym is 24hr though so again, its always open and surely some of them think about someone probably viewing them whether in person or though one of those vents.. i don't shower because i always think that there might be a camera somewhere near i shit u not.. i always see that on the net.. those hidden cams.. i dont wanna be another paris hilton.

Last edited:

swiss_stallion

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
...they had towels for the steamroom and everyone wore theirs though one european just layed crotch open just for me to see it was unbelievably hot..

anyway, i now go to a 24hr fitness and it is now appalling! the fucking thing is co-ed.. the saunas and steam room all require some kind of clothing so most everyone goes in there wearing whatever they just worked out in...

Man....I'm european and I'm totally shocked! :eek: Wearing towels for the steamroom or clothing for the sauna is not only inappropriate. Its even disgusting and unhygienic!
:puke:

If you sweat, the body precipitate "waste materials". It keeps in clothing for the time you be in the warm sauna or steamroom. a wonderfull climate for germs to grow....its just insane and for a european incredible uptight!

What the hell is happened to mankind??? We are born naked, we are all the same...what is really the problem beeing naked? its all natural and human!

I'm so happy living in europe. Overhere gents are not that hysterical about nudity. A lot of americans seems to be very prude...thats a pity!

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yea its not that I'm nervous or scared about people seeing me naked. It's just something I've never done before. Maybe if I start working out at a gym now, and it becomes more convenient for me to rent a locker or whatever, and shower there, then I do it, and I'll shower nude because that's the most hygenic thing to do, but showering at the gym always seemed wierd to me until I read about it on this site.

andrew999999999

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I go to a mens sauna every 2 or 3 weeks, and when I'm showering I don't mind being completely naked, even though it is an open shower and men walk past quite a lot as it's beside a corridor. I like it when I see men checking me out, and I'm happy to show, even though I'm nothing special.

BiMaleHungWV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Man....I'm european and I'm totally shocked! :eek: Wearing towels for the steamroom or clothing for the sauna is not only inappropriate. Its even disgusting and unhygienic!

My Y (2 branches) has only coed Steam room, hot tubs, and saunas. Clothing is required and it specifically says briefs are not sufficient. :eek::eek::12::censored::banghead2:

D

deleted436524

I shower naked, shave naked, sauna naked, walk to and from locker naked.

kracker52

Admired Member
Media
Sioux Falls (South Dakota, United States)
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'd be curious to know how many of these uptight guys in the shower were raised by a single mom or in a situation with no brothers so being seen naled wasn't a common thing..alsoI think that having a couple generations of kids spending lots of time at day care..has given these guys a warped view of nudity

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that modesty is all part of the hip-hop movement.
it includes way more than guys listening to rap. I consider it a case of an extremely false sense of modesty. as I read stuff on various sites I am amazed at how many guys say no one (except for intimacy) has ever seen them naked.

jonahwill

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I use my gym at work in London and only a couple of the asian guys wear shorts to the showers, everyone else is naked. Most of the guys are 25-35 and uncut. And given everyone works together the chances of showering next to your colleague is high.
You can't clean yourself properly wearing swimmers.

D

deleted451626

sounds ridiculous but i get a buzz out of showering naked...i love how relaxed it is and i love the attention. for me, theres nothing more natural

Poorstudent

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm 21, uncut and don't shower naked but want to. In school everyone wore trunks and changed under towels. Now it's only the much older guys who let it all hang out while everyone else wears trunks. It's a society thing. Guys are taught to be self concious abot nudity these days, so we are.

The only cut friends I have are Jewish.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I agree, as pop told me "peel it back, keep it clean" Period.

I use my gym at work in London and only a couple of the asian guys wear shorts to the showers, everyone else is naked. Most of the guys are 25-35 and uncut. And given everyone works together the chances of showering next to your colleague is high.
You can't clean yourself properly wearing swimmers.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, they could be going with speedos could be because they took a shower at home and they just want to look wet in order to enter the pool.

(After a day of work please take a full shower :D )

After swimming i shower with the speedo on but i take it at last (to remove the substances that damage the fabric).

For the cut/uncut question, i'm uncut but it wont mean shit to you since don't live in your country.

I don't make a big deal for being naked and i expect that everybody else to do the same. I am more comfortable naked surrounded by naked women :D

oddeyeblu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
it includes way more than guys listening to rap. I consider it a case of an extremely false sense of modesty. as I read stuff on various sites I am amazed at how many guys say no one (except for intimacy) has ever seen them naked.

I wonder how they ever mustered the courage to disrobe for intimacy. Isn't that when the appraisal is the most intense?

George8

Just Browsing
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm from England to and am cut. I hardly ever see cut penis and so where r u from in uk. I feel like a minority and aren't jewish

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll add one more thing... in my locker room days (mostly high school and college) the guys who showered with their underwear or shorts on were the odd birds. Not the other way around.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think the reluctance of guys in their 20s to shower may be a generational thing. When I was in gym class in jr. and sr. high school, showering after gym was mandatory, so it just seemed natural to me. I remembered reading this article from the NY Times about how people still sweat after gym they just don't shower anymore: Students Still Sweat, They Just Don't Shower - NYTimes.com

Maybe that explains it. At my gym, in NYC, it seems like at least half the guys in their 20s wear underwear to the showers instead of just wrapping themselves in a towel.