Homosexuality

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 24 2005, 03:27 AM
I know from personal experience that there are more than a few Marines out there who like taking it up the ass. As long as you're not caught doing it, the Corps is not really too concerned about it.
[post=285863]Quoted post[/post]​
Amen! I did a show once in Fayetteville, NC where Fort Bragg is and I also speak from personal experience. For a small military town it had a handful of gay bars and I met my fair share of gay military men too.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been dealing with my bi-sexuality (read: homosexual tendencies) for about a 2.5 years now. I am not out to my wife and one close friend. I probably would have dealt with it sooner, but I simply wasn't mature enough to really understand what it was. I think my wife saw it before I did, actually.

and Txquis--I know exactly what time period you're talking about. When being gay was akin to a social death sentence in more ways than one. Glad things have changed a bit since then.

Mighty Joe

Experimental Member
Media
I've always remembered the saying "my country gave me a medal for killing a man yet I received a dishonorable discharge for loving one".

agen_kolar23

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm gay but have never told anyone other than a friend I've only spoken to online. My parents hate gays and they would disown me if I came out. It really depresses me, but there's not anything I can do. I love my family too much to be cast out away from them.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by agen_kolar23@Feb 28 2005, 05:24 PM
I'm gay but have never told anyone other than a friend I've only spoken to online. My parents hate gays and they would disown me if I came out. It really depresses me, but there's not anything I can do. I love my family too much to be cast out away from them.
[post=287067]Quoted post[/post]​
you love them even though they'd hate and disown you if they knew you properly?? I don't wanna play the shrink but that sounds more like need than love to me. either way I don't see how it can be a healthy attachment in that context.

PUMPING VELVET

Just Browsing
Media
I have to say, first of all, that I am EXTREMELY impressed that this is actually a topic on LPSG- bravo gentlemen... BRAVO. (because being gay has VERY little to do with the size of your penis which is what I thought LPSG stood for... but I'm psyched that this has come up in an unusual place for it to come up... DO I SOUND LIKE A MORON YET? I think yes. but try to read on...

Anyway... I rarely post here but I feel like writing because my sexy boyfriend is asleep upstairs in our bed and I'm bored and sick w/ the flu. So please forgive me if I don't make any sense...

A little more about me... shucks, well, I'm probably one of the gayest people in the world and DAMN proud...LOL. I am a successful filmmaker in Hollywood who also makes music videos. I am also a performer and gay activist. I am OUT, LOUD AND PROUD... AND although I do NOT necessarily encompass the COMPLETE fantasy icon image I MYSELF have of how I most wish gays were portrayed in the media... I do alright and I have navigated the rough gay seas for MOST of my life.

I knew when I was 3 or 4... that I was 'special', amazing and talented... at least that's what my parents ALWAYS told me about me- and kept telling ME about ME even after I had openly come to terms with my homosexuality, years later at 19, long after they had... I am and always have been QUITE obvious and thankfully, I was BLESSED with INTELLIGENT parents... TRULY intelligent and LOVING beyond most heterosexual people amongst my parents generation, who always loved me for me... for EVERYTHING that I was, am and will be. THANK YOU GOD.

...but my post is mostly for this guy that posted the following...

"I'm gay but have never told anyone other than a friend I've only spoken to online. My parents hate gays and they would disown me if I came out. It really depresses me, but there's not anything I can do. I love my family too much to be cast out away from them."

I have met many many guys in this situation and asked myself the same questions about what I think of that situation- what I think THEY should do... so I turn to reflect on my OWN experience for answers and realize how much of ME believing in ME came from MY FAMILY believing in ME and supporting and loving me. I hesitate to venture into the following now- simply because I do not come from said intolerant background and so what could I possibly understand about the severity of someone's parents hating gays and being gay themself. So read on at your own risk.

First, My heart truly goes out to you pal. FAMILY... (at the risk of sounding TOO Carrie Bradshaw) some say we choose our own... and maybe that's the answer... but your family is your family... and if they like you or not DOES MATTER A LOT! Shucks... I truly feel for ANYBODY out there trapped in situations that constantly force compromise- ANY compromise of feeling, identity, etc.

I am spolied and have grown VERY strong in my 30 some years on Earth. I ABSOLUTELY refuse to compromise myself for ANYTHING or ANYBODY and I have lived a VERY rich life full of love and loving moments inside these dictates of myself. But not everyone is fortunate enough to live a life of THE SELF- of the WHOLE SELF... their TRUE SELVES... (well, actually, everyone IS fortunate enough to have life identities to live out but some choose NOT to for different, some very good, reasons.)

I guess what I'm saying is that first, HOW OTHER PEOPLE SEE GAY PEOPLE BEGINS WITH EACH AND EVERY SINGLE GAY PERSON OUT THERE- BEING THEMSELVES, 100% OF THE TIME... without shame, regret or apology. YOU ARE WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE NO MATTER WHAT AND THAT WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE... meaning, ANYTHING. Tall, short, big dick, little dick, gay, straight, man, woman, red head, left-handed, etc.

But, if a HUGE chunk of what you live for is approval and love (most of us do) and especially from your family...... sadly, HIDE DAMMIT... and STAY hidden from them. Take what is good from your family and let it nurture you. That love you're getting may make you strong enough to one day explain yourself and your life to them... TRUE, HONEST, PURE, UNCONDITIONAL love will DEFINITELY take you to that place of openness so... HIDE 'TIL THE TIME IS RIGHT, IF EVER... If your family's love for you is true, it will be strong enough to bridge ALL gaps... if not, it wasn't ever real to begin with and you should tell those IDIOT, CLOSED-MINDED, "HELL-BOUND-FOR-JUDGEMENT" MORONS to fuck off and move the fuck on- BUILD YOUR OWN FAMILY... YOUR TRUE FAMILY WHO LOVES YOU FOR YOU.

Nevertheless, lineage is EXTREMELY vital to the perpetuation of the heterosexual construct we call LIFE. GOOD LUCK... ALL I CAN SAY NOW IS, YET AGAIN, THANK GOD MY PARENTS KNOW ME AND LOVE ME. That makes me stronger than if they didn't know me and were loving who I was trying to pretend I was to get them to love me. SUPER SUCKS THOUGH... I'm so bummed for people in shitty situations. I will say a prayer for sure dude.

Spyderdan: Pumping velvet, wow. Best post I've read so far here for so many reasons. I truly wish I had somebody like you to turn to in my life, but thank god for the internet. Some of what you said reminds me of myself, and some I wish related to my experience.

Just wanted to throw my opinion and some info out there. I have to say I wish my own time in the Marines was as easy as what some of these guys are making it sound. We all know that Clinton started the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy and when you join up, you actually have to sign a form stating that if you are found to be gay, you will be discharged and I know of many who were.
Okay, legally you can be gay and in the military and I'm sure there are many servicemen and women who are and have little problem with it, as long as they are not exposed. All I know is that in the grunts (infantry) they are really really tight units. I mean, you really have to be one of the guys, and if you're not you may be extremely ostracized.
Yes, there is the underground amongst the gay servicemen throughout the Marines. If you go to certain clubs an hour or two away from base you will definately see guys who are obviously Marines hooking up and what have you but it must be understood that this is not accepted by the 90% of the Marine Corps and its chains of command. Its not a big gay free for all in the least, as far as I knew it. As long as we're clear on that.
If the guys in your unit find out that you're gay, it could be a living hell. What Ziggity says may hold some truth but I just have to disagree from what I've seen. You may not get kicked out even, but to be the odd ball in such a unit, and for a reason that many of these conservative gung-ho closeminded family men find so repulsive and inexcusable, is to ponder a constant fealing of dread . I'm not saying that all Marines or situations are like this, just the majority.
I'm talking about a lifestyle here not a guy getting horny in the field and having a buddy suck him off once in a blue moon. Thats probably pretty common actually. When caught, you may get lucky and get a colonel that hushes it up and tells you never to get caught again. I've seen that. But if not....

Spyderdan: Jesus I should write a book.....

Okay, to make a long story even longer: I was a great Marine. 82 asvab, guide in boot camp, I was number one in my platoon (been called an absolute animal in the field, in attacks, etc.), 290+ PFT, unmatched in knowledge, perseverance and guts.Just made a few stupid mistakes.
I was charged with destruction of gov't property (and wrote a smart-ass statement about it, ooops),underage drinking, UA, missing movement, insubordination (all because of goddammned alcohol), and I had no connections. They slammed me, sheduled for special court martial (it actually said "The United States VS. Lcpl .....) but got down to a lessor court.
Then the Iraq thing happened and oppurtunity came a-knockin. Tried to redeem myself by volunteering for a spot with the HQ unit headed over on the USS Bataan. With a lot of luck I got myself a spot on the roster, a berth, desert issue and my M249 SAW back (ooh-fuckin-rah) and was supposed to ship out when I got drunk (worst mistake in my life) for the supposed last time in the states.
Well, wouldn't you know that I had a case of "Russian hands and Roman fingers" every time I hung out with this one guy (who definately knew about me, but I never admitted) especially when I was drunk. I was hanging on him, biting him, etc. and he just wouldn't have it. I finally told him, 2 nights before we were out and said I just wanted to suck his cock more than anything in the world. He was speechless, and I went to bed alone and horny.
Next day I was told orders came in and I was to be discharged immediately, they said my "Seperation in lieu of Trial" papers came through, even though I withdrew the SILT weeks prior. I went in to request mast(jump the chain of command to dispute a problem) to the colonel, but the E-9 smelled beer on my fuckin breath and that was the end of that (I was on restriction and still underage). No Iraq, no redemption, no shit. The kid left and didn't even shake my hand. He nor any of them deserved that war as much as I did.
To this day the thought lingers in my head that the kid ratted on me and then strings were pulled to get me off that ship. It just didn't make sense to me, I even trained for 2 weeks to go over. I was the best shot, I was schooling motherfuckers on the machine gun range (I was a rifle coach MOS 8530 too) all the corporals and sergeants wanted me to go, but I guess a few big wig officers didn't like me. I made mistakes, too but some of the other legal cases actually went, people who didn't want to go, and swore they'd kill the captain if they went. What's up with that?

I've been out for 2 years now and wish I fought more to stay in. I ponder trying to get back in, I've even been in contact my congressman's speacial assistant, I just haven't been pursuing it. I am afraid that if I go back, people who knew about me are still in, and I don't think I could deal with that.
I told the kid that night, "Just cause I'm queer doesn't mean I don't want to go over and kill those motherfuckers, and fight just like you"
I compare my thoughts of getting back in to the philosophy in my signature.
Sorry for this being so long, I tend to ramble especially when I really need someone to listen........... :(

Spyderdan: What I'm trying to say is maybe you out there have different experiences with the military. If you are having a great time, then whoever you are, kudos!

But it is unnerving to think about how attitudes in general can change when people find out about you. You can go from being quite popular to a reject. I was pretty big and very aggressive and these guys knew that. I lifted regularly (Camp Lejeune, NC gym is beyond compare)"Rough-house" basketball, football, etc., they somewhat feared but respected me. They never would have thought....

Then a lot of them stop talking to you. Guys who were great friends, too. Then they talk about you. At a superbowl party, I sat and watched 3 different conversations going on about me. And this was not just being paranoid.
It is funny, though when we were all watching Austin Powers 3 and the Nathan Lane character came up and the guy next to me said something like:
"Aww shit, he's a f-f-f-....gay guy" Caught himself and didn't want to say faggot and really offend me. I just kind of laughed.

Any comments, other experiences, I'm all eyes.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, of course they wouldn't have thought, even though "straight-acting" involves more homoerotic imagery than your typical queen will ever see.

tmturner

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have known i was gay all my life. I only accepted it at the age of 22. Then I never looked back. I sleep with everyone and anyone i could to make up for lost time! lol

nattynatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I became sexally active at 15. This involved a lot of hanging around train station toilets &, as a consequence, meeting a lot of unsavoury characters. In retrospect, i wish i had waited longer.