Honestly, I'm feeling suicidal. Help.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
still dont get a point to my life or any life for that matter. I dont know anyone who thinks like i do. i feel extremely alone. i dont have anything in common with anyone. nobody that lives in my area.
*Sigh* if you're going to kill yourself, JUST DO IT AND STOP BITCHING!

There is a reason to be alive! To exist.
If you can't even look in the mirror and justify to the only person that matters, YOU, that you deserve the chance to bend your own world to your will, then protip, don't hang yourself, it's inefficient.

Take time out and meditate on what is important, travel a lot, ignore your past and create a new future with new people and new set pieces in a different story.

Of course, I'm putting 9:1 odds that your pathetic corpse will end up on the yahoo frontpage, if you even have the balls to frag yourself.

Prove me wrong.

Media
Dooky, give youself some time to come out of this.

There is an old phrase—"this too shall pass"—that immediately comes to mind. You are getting responses from people your age and from those that are years beyond. We will all tell you the same thing: these feelings of sadness, uselessnes, and futility are really a temporary state. They will eventually end and go away. It will make you stronger for the next time your life seems hopeless, and you will handle all the times of despair in your life with a feeling that you have worth and purpose and can overcome whatever life throws at you..

You are still a young man. You have a whole beautiful life ahead of you. It seems your purpose in life is not yet apparent to you but it will come to you. You'll be glad you stuck around.

Like the others who have shared their experiences, I have also experienced what you are feeling, and at different stages in my life. It isn't so much the problem as getting past the resulting feelings that come with it. We wallow in it and become miserable. We lose all hope. It is very hard to come out of it. However, it is like mourning a death—you need to experience it—as painful as it may be—and work your way though it because you will eventually come out of it. Something or someone comes along and your world will open up again. Finding one thing that makes you happy can bring about a world of change.

Perhaps if you can see what you do have as opposed to what you feel you don't have may make this easier for you. You are aware of the problem of being bipolar. This can be medically treated and you can lead a full life. You have a girlfrind and Mom who are concerned about you and love you. You have a best friend who has stuck by yu through a very difficult semester. You undoubtedly have many friends, family, and people you know who care about you. You were brave enough to reach out to complete strangers on this website that are now concerned about you because they care. You were intelligent enough to get into college and you can resolve the problem of your grades. You have a lot going for you, and if I knew you better I could point out more. There are wonderful counselors that you can talk to at colleges that can help you with this. They are trained for this and have talked to many other students who have felt as you do. If you are of a religious background, there are spiritual leaders with whom you can communicate. You don't have to deal with this alone or feel that you are unworthy not to have someone listen to you.

You have worth, you have purpose, you have a mission and path in life that has not become apparent to you. It will come. Give yourself time. You are needed in this world for the unique gifts that you have to offer. You may be the man that one day saves the life of a confused eighteen year old. The world needs you.

This may not pass fast, but it will pass.

It's a really great world to be a part of, and you are a necessary part of it. Stick around.

If I can be of help, please PM.:smile:

Last edited:

Dooky

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
well im feeling better but still have a lingering feeling of sadness. but i know that unless I try to fix it, it will never go away. thanks to everyone for the support you really have made me think twice.

I'm very glad that this community (despite its sole purpose derives from the penis!) is mature enough and caring enough to give emotional support to those in troubling need.

I figured if i really had no reason to live and if i should jsut die then i would of already. if i felt no need to continue, wouldnt such a thing already happened? i took a long shower (not the dirty kind lol) because it is meditating. but while in the shower, i thought of things i should do. i do this often but normally i just forget and go back to video games or something. this time was different. i jumped from the shower buttnaked (good thing nobody was home) and ran into my room and got a piece of paper and wrote everything down.

I feel as though i was addicted to the games. that playing a game that simulates my life problems actually came true and became real problems for me. more important than problems in reality! No more for me. i think the easiest way to cut out an addiction is to ween yourself. while i don't want to be addicted, i also don't want to not play. i love video games. they are fun, challenging and relaxing. So, i set certain things for me to do in the game. like a certain amount of time for me to play. i think i am getting on the right track. all i need to do is keep focus.

Special thanks to those who pmd me. nick tripod etc. thank you!

Dooky bud,

I have a load of things to write you but must go to New Jersey to go to the health food store, buy cheap gas (as NJ has the cheapest gas), and see the vet to get a new rabies tag for my dog as he lost his collar yesterday which also means I need to buy him a new collar. Hmmph!

HOWEVER... That will just give me more time to think about what to say and organize my thoughts. I do want to say that I've been there too even if you think no one else has.

There is a way out. Even in the most lost of lost cases, there is a way out. You make it through this and your life will be one that few people can understand or appreciate because you'll know something they don't that will serve you well for all your time to come.

Anyway, I have to shower and get my ass over to Jersey (a pretty part of it, not a toxic waste dump). I will write you later today.

Oh and note my signature. It's important; really important.

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
dooky.......buddy.....life is hard....everyone struggles...PLEASE...wait this out...tomorrow will always be a better day.....look around...there are many folks who have things much better and much worse....come on buck up man...the pain you may inflick on those who need you is more than you can ever imagine, your suicide could trigger many others around you, forget that nonsense.....now get a hold of your wonderful life...get a job...some direction other than video games....DO IT!!!!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey Hey Hey. You will hear from me what others have maybe stated already...though mine will have spelling and gram mistakes :)

I think everyone has ups and downs. But you do sound like you have been on the down side for a spell. I really hope you get some help asap. By this I mean get it out and talk... but of course a medical check up too. We can forget we are really a giant bag of chemicals that amazingly balances out...but a little chemistry off and things change. It may be the smallest change with a doctor's hep and all becomes well. I also believe one needs to eat right and exercise to help this balance occur too. You might be surprised how many people care about you and just don't know you are feeling blue.

Ohhhh my young friend, don't miss out on life. I struggle with constant intense pain in my feet. It drives me nuts at times but at the same time it makes me consider the fact that at least I feel. Anyone who has a challenge in life has the greatest capicity to enjoy life ....as there is more ability to look within.

The thing that has helped me the most is trying to do things for others as often as I can. Even if it is baking cookies to give out. I find it helps me concentrate and see the value in others and life.

Be well. Get some help. It is ok to get some help. Do whatever you need to do to be happy.

hockeyguy741

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Everyone has ups and downs in their lives,my life has been a roller coaster of success and failure.It will get better, you need to look back on those troubling times as a learning experience and gain strength from it.

Get yourself some help and talk to some one about how your feeling, your not alone

Keep in touch :smile:

Freddieboy

Experimental Member
Media
Dooky, I know you said you were anti-religion and all that. I used to be like that, too. I wondered if there was a God. A gay friend I was arguing with said, "Just ask with a sincere heart to know whether or not there is a God, and send it out into the universe." I was skeptical, to say the least. But I thought what do I have to lose, right? So I did. At first nothing seemed to happen, but six months later I had my answer. It's a long story and probably wouldn't even make sense to anyone but me.

It's worth a try. What do you have to lose?

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can't say I am or ever have been in your situation, but I can relate to many of the things you're feeling. But these feelings pass, and life moves on, as do you. That, of course, can't happen if you've no life to move on. I don't know you, so I'm not going to shower you with accolades, but:
I have a few people who care about me.
that's more than enough reason to prove you have worth. Don't demean their judgment. If they care about you, it's because there's reason to care. Ride this wave out, and remember that since you're already at the bottom, things can only improve.

Also, I've had some experience with the whole "gaming addiction" so I'll PM you and we can discuss it.

Really sorry to hear about this, man - it's terrible when you feel like that. Life can be good again, even if it feels like it never will be - a small adjustment or change in circumstances can make a huge difference.
Take things bit by bit (I agree with your 'weening yourself off things' approach).

Give us a shout if you need to chat, matey - you've probably been overwhelmed now tho! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Media
well im feeling better but still have a lingering feeling of sadness. but i know that unless I try to fix it, it will never go away. thanks to everyone for the support you really have made me think twice.

Thanks for the positive update, Dooky. You can do this. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing, and don't hesitate to contact any of us at any time if you need some positive reinforcement.:smile:

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hi Dooky,

I hope by taking the step to post your feelings and intentions along with expressing yourself in the way you have, has to some degree help to lighten the pressure your feeling at this moment in time.

No one knows how you truly feel inside and how your depression affects you, physically, mentally and emotionally. Depression is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, its like being sucked down in centre of a whirlpool going down and down, unable to get out of it. No matter how much help, love and support family, friends and loved ones give you, it is only you who can stop yourself going further and further down. I say this from personal experience; it is a horrible place to be not having the will to fight back. Believe me Dooky, at some point you will, it may seem light years away but that moment will come, when it does, you will find yourself a stronger person for it.

I too like other members took a massive cocktail of various drugs, it was not a halfhearted attempt or a cry for help I just wanted out of this world and to escape from all my problems.

I too like Nick8 was found by my wife and carted off to hospital, hence I am here to trying to help you. Remember Dooky nothing stays the same, everything is constantly changing, my attempt on my life was 6 years ago now. The experience gave me and understanding and meaning to life, don’t ask me how and in what way, I saw everything from a totally different perspective. I also realised that you don’t have to do anything as drastic as taking your own life for that change to happen. That change is within you Dooky you may not realise it right now but you have the innate power and ability to make that change. It is not that simple or easy to do, but by expressing how you feel, here on LPSG you have already taken that huge step on that ladder of change, it takes even less effort to take the second to that change you are so desperately seeking. Dooky we are all rooting for you my friend and willing you on to take that next step. You know you want to take the next step, then why not do it…. you won’t see any change until you do. To do so is YOU taking control of your life once again.

We are here for you every step of the way, Dooky don’t stop telling us how you feel, continue to post how you feel, how things are changing with each step you take. We won’t let you fall. You have touch the hearts of so many, we are willing you on bud

If you want to chat maybe on MSN or Yahoo then PM with your addy, more than happy to listen

Take care my friend

Would appreciate if anyone knows how Dooky is? All we can do is send him our thoughts and prayers.

Yeh, hope he's ok. Don't wanna overwhelm him by emailing or whatever - hopefully he'll resurface soon.