How overweight is too much for you?

billybones

Superior Member
Media
I have a general question for gay and bi men. I am overweight myself, and though I have lost almost 90 LBs this year, I guess I can still be considered a chub at 5'9" and 260 LB. Since my early 30s I put on weight, but it wasn't until my Mom died and I went through a bad relationship that i got real depressed and really put on the pounds, and 2 years ago I was at my heaviest at 385 lb and started having health issues (which motivated me to get healthier). Also, this past year, I have realized I am bi, and have tried meeting other guys online, with no success. I know a lot of it has to do with being overweight. Aside from the health benefits, I am actively trying to continue to lose weight to look better and feel better about myself. So, I was hoping for some feedback from gay and bi men on how big is too big, or maybe how overweight is still okay to you. Like, if you saw someone around 5'9", what size would you say to yourself," that guy is a little chubby, but I'd still do him?"
I’m going to generalize and say airplane seat. Fit in one. I could fit in an overhead compartment. It’s enough with the crumbs in the bed, though. I found a noodle once with a guy I gave a chance.

Reactions: Balljunkie

When you’re delusional and say you’re 5’4’’ and 420 pounds but don’t think you look THAT fat. I have no words.
no where near there at all. I realize that i am not skinning, but i am very athletic as well. I am 5'9" 183 so just wondering is that is to fat to show or not. I was just wondering due to past negative comments.

no where near there at all. I realize that i am not skinning, but i am very athletic as well. I am 5'9" 183 so just wondering is that is to fat to show or not. I was just wondering due to past negative comments.

It wasn't directed towards you lol. I don't know what you look like but I'm sure you're nice and thickums.

PhxChub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When you objectify and fetishise you close more doors than you open.

I agree completely; you also risk doing serious damage to the relationship and, potentially, even the person.

I'm a big boy and I tend to attract a certain type of guy who enjoys big boys. If that's the only thing he likes about me, though, or if that's his main attraction, I'm done.

I'm okay with my appearance catching his attention, but he needs to find something less superficial within me that keeps it.

I’m somewhat bigger and have a huge frame, while growing up I basically unintentionally convinced myself that my body type was not attractive. I still fight with that, it can be pretty detrimental to confidence. :confused:

Reactions: MurdockPSB

PhxChub

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When you’re delusional and say you’re 5’4’’ and 420 pounds but don’t think you look THAT fat. I have no words.
... or, when you're acting cowardly and don't have the courage to say it directly to the person?

And, just FYI... I'm not delusional. There is absolutely nothing you could say about my body that I'm not already aware of. You don't have to agree with what I have to say, but you don't have to talk trash about me, either.

Everyone has someone that thinks they are the hottest person on earth no matter what your body looks like.so stop worrying and live your life. We all have our preferences and not all of us are going to be attracted to everybody

Barberseville

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People can be overweight but still fit. Think of rugby players. Oveeweight but fit is ok for me. But overweight and flabby all around, no sorry. Just a honest answer on the initial question.

Overweight and fit is often a very good combination, Joe Marler, the England rugby prop, for example, is beefy but fit. That's not to say that Mike Phillips, the much leaner scrum half in the Welsh team, isn't equally hot. Totally flabby can be a turn off, but a big cock, some body hair, and height can all offset excess weight. I find that tall people carry more weight more easily than short ones - there's more areas in which to hide it! Muscle works very well for me, however

Reactions: Sccuriousdad

Braalian82

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When a guys is fat and have the appearance that t
Oops, won’t let me edit, so alow me to finish....

When there’s a combination of being fat plus the appeance that one does not engage in physical exercise... that’s a turn off. Fat mixed with muscle is different. As others have mentioned, see: rugby build.

I think a lot of overweight guys who like to eat and hate cardio ought to at least lift weights, if only for the sake of their appearance. Firming up a little makes a world of difference.

And I do realize all the above is cold and arrogant sounding, but we all have ou own physical desire parameters. And, by definition, they tend to be shallow by nature.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don’t mind overweight if a guy’s dick is big enough to get past the flab. Being really overweight and having a small dick is not a good combo.

For whom? Do you guys even think before you post this shit? I think ANYONE who grew up on the planet and who is very large and has a smaller penis knows that the world doesn't think they are men, or worthy of dignity or respect. Seriously, I am horrified by these comments. You're not saying anything new, and it's just mean for many guys who are bigger or in the other case smaller to read that.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oops, won’t let me edit, so alow me to finish....

When there’s a combination of being fat plus the appeance that one does not engage in physical exercise... that’s a turn off. Fat mixed with muscle is different. As others have mentioned, see: rugby build.

I think a lot of overweight guys who like to eat and hate cardio ought to at least lift weights, if only for the sake of their appearance. Firming up a little makes a world of difference.

And I do realize all the above is cold and arrogant sounding, but we all have ou own physical desire parameters. And, by definition, they tend to be shallow by nature.

OK, but why does your opinion for yourself come with a prescription for others that you don't know? Like, speak for yourself and your body and your preferences based in your body, that's fine. It's not cold and arrogant, it's insecure and judgmental. The person who started this thread is having body image issues. None of this is remotely helpful or useful.

No, physical desire parameters are not shallow by nature, unless they are constructed shallowly. I find the vast majority of men attractive and the ones who are not are the ones whose bodies are corrupted by their character and I will admit I have a hard time with some of the extremes personally but I am working on it. Instead of lifting weights.

Way to be really nasty. But you told him.

Pin me to the cross. I read that and literally laughed at loud. It wasn’t the actual number of pounds, it was the extra idea that he included that he didn’t look “that fat”. It sounded like something Donald Trump would say.

Reactions: MisterB

Braalian82

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, but why does your opinion for yourself come with a prescription for others that you don't know? Like, speak for yourself and your body and your preferences based in your body, that's fine. It's not cold and arrogant, it's insecure and judgmental. The person who started this thread is having body image issues. None of this is remotely helpful or useful.

No, physical desire parameters are not shallow by nature, unless they are constructed shallowly. I find the vast majority of men attractive and the ones who are not are the ones whose bodies are corrupted by their character and I will admit I have a hard time with some of the extremes personally but I am working on it. Instead of lifting weights.
Well, the OP did specifically ask for our personal opinions regarding weight and sexual desire.

Nudistpig

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He did, and that was in my view your chance to say something constructive and supportive, and barring that, not be cruel. My suggestion would have been to focus on how larger guys who work out are more attractive to you as a bodybuilder than ones who do not. That's personal, honest, and what you think, but it doesn't get mean. You recognise your tone, so if you recognize it why use it? My honest concern is that if this is how you judge others then how do you judge yourself? I hope you are kind to yourself.

tolsty17cm

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Overweight is relative - you can be “overweight” but a total muscle stud. You can be “Normal” weight and if you don’t work out or eat well or take care of yourself - you can look overweight. I am more into people who take care of themselves versus guys who are not in shape. I am thin and tend to be attracted to guys with a little meat on them!

Reactions: Barberseville