I finally understand Clinton supporters

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Once again, whats with the childish name calling. So please defend Obama legitimately, that means offering factual evidence that Obama is a better candidate without simply attacking Clinton. Also, calling Clinton a bitch, cunt, self-servicing or other derogatory name without qualification for president, that is not a vaild argument for dismissing her.

Several of them always do this sort of thing. It's normal. What I'm wondering is if the rabid obama supporters at LPSG are representative as a whole. I doubt it, but if I find out they are, I may rethink my vote unless Hillary is VP. I don't think Obama will be a strong president by any means.

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

There's that sense of entitlement that cost HRC the nomination. :rolleyes:

The only reason you need is that it's the right decision if you truly believe in the platform that was being espoused by your candidate.

Wow, what a shock to see such vindictiveness, another nasty HRC personality trait, manifested in one of her supporters.

God forbid you cast your votes based on reasoned analysis of important issues...:rolleyes:

I am ... which is why I'm NOT voting for McCain. And, actually, you're right, I should cast my vote based on analysis of important issues. The Greens are actually closer to my ideology than are the Dems. Given I can't, in good conscience, vote for the Dems this time (save an HRC Veep bid, which probably is a long shot), I'll vote the Greens. Cynthia McKinney is a smart woman ... has a snowball's chance in hell, but still, a good person.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
OMG, where to start? It IS the responsibility of Obama and his supporters to convince us to vote for him. Sorry, but this is more of that party politics that just needs to stop. Quit with the hipocrisy.

How is your vote my responsibility? How about you look into his policies as compared to Clinton's and McCain's, see which two are the most similar. Obama is going to continue to campaign and appeal to the same people, and if you can't see that, with Clinton out of the picture, Obama is the closer match to your preferred candidate, it's your own fault.
Also, I've said since shortly after Super Tuesday that, if Obama didn't get the nomination, I would vote for Clinton. Her demeanor makes me uneasy with the idea of her as President, but she is a far better choice than McCain in my eyes. So nuts to your accusation of hypocrisy.

D

deleted15807

Fuck she lived in the white house longer than Obama has even been a senator!

Well there you have it folks...she has actually lived in the White House a long time. Should we tap Chelsea next? She lived there as long too. And maybe the White House housekeeping staff. They must have lived there a long time too.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OMG, where to start? It IS the responsibility of Obama and his supporters to convince us to vote for him. Sorry, but this is more of that party politics that just needs to stop. Quit with the hipocrisy. As for McCain, he is NOT George Bush. He will have a demmocratic congress to deal with, keeping him in check. Further more, he is far more centrist than GWB, which is why many republicans dont like him, and in fact he has changed his public stances to the right in order to solidify his voting base. Although that is pandering, his real views wont just change overnight, he's still more fairminded about partisan issues than Obama.

That's a fair assessment of StapledShut's tactics. He writes slyly and coldly about these things, but it's definitely all rhetoric. There's a peculiar style to this sort of Obama-head. I think I can see it now, but nothing really means anything till a VP is chosen.

OF COURSE it's all their JOB to get yours and mine and eveybody else's votes. That's what's so dumb about a lot of these threads of powerless people talking about it, there's so much of these fake idealism that doesn't have to do with ANY American political candidates. And every one of them, including Obama, knows that getting the votes IS their JOB and they therefore think that this is their RESPONSIBIITY. It's so obvious, and this idiotic idealizing of Obama as some kind of St.-Exupery Little Prince (i don't think Michele is very convincing as the Difficult Rose, but what can you do) is something even he must be laughing at. Your points are fair about McCain too, and I am beginning to feel as I read these threads on this board that, without Hillary, Obama's people are not my people and I will definitely vote for McCain. For Stapled Shut to tell you that you are somehow 'wrong' not to decide for Obama is just horseshit, but I am seeing more and more that all the Obama-heads are doing it. He is saying you can't even see who 'your preferred candidate' is, like he would know better than you.

It's all about special interests, people identifying with certain groups, and nothing has exposed the racial divide more totally than Clinton staying in the race this long: Blacks voted for obama, and whites often voted overwhelmingly for Clinton. the only defense by the Obamaheads, a lame one and bolstered by various PoMo theorists, is that Obama is trying to be post-race. That's because he is primarily interested in the black poor for their votes. Other than that, he's into power like the others.

Last edited:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well there you have it folks...she has actually lived in the White House a long time. Should we tap Chelsea next? She lived there as long too. And maybe the White House housekeeping staff. They must have lived there a long time too.

Hell, the Republicans should run Barney in 2012!!!!

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Before all this election garbage started I had alot of respect for Hillary.
I admired the poise and vast amount of grace that she handled the "Monica" business.
At the time I had thought that not since Jackie Kennedy had there been such a woman in the Whitehouse that truely was a "Lady".
But now as I see this shrill, snarling, spitting fishwife, I have had pause to wonder where is her dignity, style and grace gone?
There is no evidence of it at all.
Do americans really want such a person meeting and representing them?
When it comes down to diplomatic issues when a cool, calm head and tact is required, do you really think she has the right character given her actions during this campaign?
Do you not think that when placed under pressure in office, that those character flaws would not surface?

D

deleted15807

Because, you see, we Hillary people HATE Obama just as much as you HATE Hillary.

It is unfortunate the Democrats can't hate Republicans the way Republicans hate Democrats. That is the only road to the White House for Democrats. Now we're living in an age of one-letter politics, in which a politician's partisan affiliation is almost always far more important than his or her personal beliefs. And those who refuse to recognize this reality end up being useful idiots for those, like President Bush, who have been consistently ruthless in their partisanship.

The fact is that this is a one-letter election. D or R, that’s all that matters.
It’s hard to think of an election in which the personal qualities of the people running in a given district or state have mattered less.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I admired the poise and vast amount of grace that she handled the "Monica" business.
At the time I had thought that not since Jackie Kennedy had there been such a woman in the Whitehouse that truely was a "Lady".
But now as I see this shrill, snarling, spitting fishwife, I have had pause to wonder where is her dignity, style and grace gone?
There is no evidence of it at all.
Do americans really want such a person meeting and representing them?
When it comes down to diplomatic issues when a cool, calm head and tact is required, do you really think she has the right character given her actions during this campaign?
Do you not think that when placed under pressure in office, that those character flaws would not surface?

Absolutely not, character flaws don't matter, they've all had them. Carter, who 'didn't have any', was one of the worst presidents. Your assessment of Jackie Kennedy is okay, but not as compared to other First Ladies who were equally impressive, although not as glamorous. Kennedy was not even a great president, it's much his fault that the Cuban Crisis even had to make him a hero--because it wouldn't have even existed had he been paying attention when the Bay of Pigs Fiasco occurred. That's documented many places.

They're all spitting fish-wives, including the men. They just pander in differnent ways. I'll still vote for Obama if she's VP, not otherwise. I decided that tonight. Obama and his supporters are gluttonous and want to have their cake and eat it too. If they don't get wise now, they'll find out when they run smack into the Republican Machine, which is fucking merciless, and this is something Hillary could help him with. Otherwise, his Glamour-Boy thing is going to go straight down the tubes--this is NOT France. and even they are hiring conservatives like Sarkozy by now, who are barely to the left of Le Pen.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Nearly every woman in my family shares this story, D. I used to catch enormous flak from them back in the nineties over my dislike of her, but I never backed down. I saw her for the calculating, self-interested harpy she truly is. Her meltdown surprises me not in the least.

Much like you, their eyes have been opened by her behavior during this campaign.

In answer to your question...they were never real. Dignity and grace were merely a facade she publicly maintained when things were going her way.