I hate men

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by wallyj84, Apr 15, 2010.

1. wallyj84

Gold Member

Recently, my friend has had her heart broken by a man.

The story is basically this, she met this guy last year and they moved far away from each other. They continued to talk and during this time the guy, let's call him Asshole, started to develop feelings for my friend. Asshole would chat with her on MSN and ask her to become his girlfriend.

This went on for several weeks, until my friend finally relented and agreed to have a long distance relationship with Asshole.

I knew from the start that this guy was bad news. Asshole supposedly had a good job and made lots of money, but refused to pay for anything. He wanted to meet Nao, but he told her to pay for his ticket there. If they were talking on the phone, he made sure she took the full brunt of the fees. What's more, he had no sense of humor and got mad at the slightest thing.

I thought this relationship was doomed to failure and I told her as much, but I had no idea how bad things actually were. As it turns out, this Asshole is married. He got married just a few weeks after my friend agreed to become his girlfriend.

Now my friend is crushed. Just really crushed. She had fallen for this guy over the internet and really believed that he loved her. She even went so far as to get a second job to pay for his ticket to visit her.

Sometimes, I just hate men.

2. youngmancam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sometimes I hate stupid people.

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hate liars, and they come in all sorts of bodies...

4. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

i ahte women for being dumb enough to fall for this guy (we only know one man is an asshole, we know at least two women have fallen for him).

5. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    So both you and Wally know who it is? Can you put up a warning someplace?

6. lopo2000

Gold Member

Well, it happens. Maybe that's why they say love blinds us all. Even fart would smell good. But then, maybe she could just treat this as a learning experience. Nothing's more valuable than that.

7. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I don't hate men, but I hate people who allow themselves to be victims, and then cry about it.

8. conntom

Gold Member

Yup.

Don't be a victim.

9. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I bet there were HUGE RED FLAGS. I hate stupid women more than the men who use them. There is no shortage of women willing to marry men in prison, even a serial killer, etc. Women are notorious for ignoring the obvious. How many Battered Men Shelters are there? Ask anyone who works in those places how you can't get your feelings involved in her situation because she is likely to go back to him.

I have a friend who is dating a much older man that has been married 6 times...when i say "That doesnt concern you about how your future will be with him?" she gets offended and says "But that's why we aren't getting married. I don't have to be married to be happy with him" yeah, keep blaming it on the fact he married those 6 women and not the fact that he can't pick a decent spouse or be a decent spouse.

People tell themselves what they want to hear.

10. D_Phallus P Phyllum

D_Phallus P Phyllum New Member

No need to title this thread 'I hate men'. No need to hate men over this incident.

You could have just titled the thread, "My stupid friend fell in love with a married asshole over MSN", and that would have been far more accurate description of events.

#10 D_Phallus P Phyllum, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  11. Incocknito

Gold Member

Your friend is stupid and possibly overweight and ugly if she's having online "romances".

Serves her right for thinking that anything online is in any way real or meaningful.

Online chats are only good for benign chattery or possibly mutual masturbation.

No one has a "relationship" with anyone online. Maybe frequent chats but in no way is there any kind of real, meaningful relationship.

Just because one person deludes themselves and thinks that chatting online is more than what it is (ie a "relationship" or "love") does not make it so.

And it just makes them look like a weirdo to the other person they chat to and to the people who hear about it; such as the readership here.

12. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gave me a giggle. :smile:

13. hud01

Gold Member

You are 100% wrong, insulting and rude. I have known several people who gotten married from online relationships. And no they weren't fat and ugly.

14. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    falling "in love" on the internet isn't a real relationship. I'd hold off the feeling until social interaction takes place. I've been smitten by a few women here because of the mind they've displayed (and there's that other too), but the chances of actually meeting someone from here are slim for me. A) I'm married, B) don't have the funds , and C) don't have the time.

Real love and social interaction take place face to face, and goes on to body to body and friends of his/hers and yours...

...to fall in love on the Internet is a sign of great neediness.

#14 ZOS23xy, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  15. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

People have married without ever meeting each other. There have been functioning arranged marriages. There have been a hell of a lot of marriages where people lived together for 17 years and then got married and divorced 5 years later.

Long distance relationships can be sparked and successful if neither one of you are liars.

16. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I had a long distance relationship. It lasted five years. We've been married 26 years.

17. Incocknito

Gold Member

See the word "possibly" in my earlier post?

The fact is that most people "dating" online and having these sorts of faux relationships are:

a) overweight
    b) unattractive
    c) all of the above

Maybe its not politically correct but it is true

18. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, just post the supporting empirical data to shut everybody up.

19. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    You are either deluded or lying as well then :tongue:

20. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yup...and it's what she gets for being stupid enough to use Microsoft products.

Draft saved Draft deleted