I hate men

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, just post the supporting empirical data to shut everybody up.

Associations of Leisure-Time Internet and Computer Use With Overweight and Obesity, Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviors: Cross-Sectional Study | Vandelanotte | Journal of Medical Internet Research

The findings are that regular/intensive internet users are more likely to be overweight and morbidly obese.

As for looks...look on any website eg dating site, hotornot etc. Most of the people are unattractive, hence why they are on those sites in the first place.

Of course there are exceptions but as I said:

The majority of people online (and in these online "relationships") are overweight, unattractive or both.

If you don't want to believe it then that's fine, I don't really want to waste time trying to convince you.

Anyone who thinks I'm lying must be in denial.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PS aren't people in general overweight and/or unattractive?

2/3 of Americans are obese. Most people don't have movie star looks.

What makes you think that for some reason the internet would be the opposite of reality? You think most people on the internet are athletes with model good looks?

Is it inconceivable to you that the internet would attract more of society's fat and fugly? Due to its anonymity and impersonality.

Use your brain.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with what you're saying Mantis and hope you're feeling better.

I was just trying to make a point to the contingent of self-appointed PC police who seem to think I'm a liar.

Although in the majority of instances online relationships are detrimental in many ways.

A successful and meaningful online relationship would be the exception rather than the rule.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yeah i think you are right, most relationships are doomed for failure. It seems like there are a million more ways to lie on the internet than when you are seeing someone in person regularly, so when these people find mates and we know their mate, it gets easy to spot that they were possibly duped from an internet relationship.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Someone is making fast judgements.

Someone who doesn't post face pictures....

I do post face pictures actually, just not for people like you. And they aren't fast judgements. There are many facts that have been stated from me.

Where's your evidence that most internet users are shit hot with no weight problems?

Are you going to deny that 2/3 of Americans are obese? Are most people good looking?

This is my last post in this thread. Obviously some people (who never post face pictures) are unwilling or unable to accept the truth.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Some people aren't fit for relationships. They need intense therapy or to grow up. Most of us bring a lot of baggage to the relationship and selfishness is a huge factor in relationships not working. It's far too easy to throw the whole thing away. No one thinks it is strange or questions you about it.

For example, you are a married for 9 years and have three kids...you invite everyone over to celebrate your kids birthday and you have a new guy- no explanation as to who he is, where he came from and why you and your husband are seperated (again). No one asks because 1) they don't want to know 2) they are going to get a partially contrived story based on perception 3) they know you a little too well and you are nuts so its not surprising someone didn't want to stay married to you.

Or, Aunt so and so has been married 5 times. Everytime there is a holiday gathering she brings a new guy. No one even asks what his name is or anything. We are tired of it. So there is no reason for her to try to make things look smoothed over in public. She has no scruples.

Or, your sister is in the hospital giving birth, her husband has disappeared and when she is just about to file for divorce, the son of a bitch shows up and because its close to christmas, we all have to sit at the dinner table with him as if none of it ever happened.

This is just some of the million stories i've had to deal with personally and honestly, no one has any reason to hold it together anymore. My mom does non-contested divorces and she keeps the information on file so the frequent flyers can come and just change the name of the guy they are divorcing for the sake of saving time.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that if a person is super needy, whether a girl or a guy, then these sorts of things happen to them. Each of us has to be more aware of what we want and need in terms of relationships rather than just settle for whatever happens to us. I've become more conscious of this on LPSG because people don't always present themselves honestly on here. As I've said before, I've met "girls" on here who are actually guys. My sense of why people do this is because they think I might be more open to talking with a girl than a guy, when in actuality that isn't really true. I think that this projection of an image or a gender is as common online as well as in real life. People want to be accepted by or have power over others. Being awake to that truth in human nature can help me to not "fall for" or "fall in love" with people who seem to fulfill my projections.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
With all the tabu and rules for relationships (religious or no), it is very hard for people to be directly honest, because there is perceived backlash for perceived behaviors.

Come to think of it there are backlashes on this board for being a democratic or a republican.

Everyone demonizes another's behavior, in and out any format...this thread started of with how people decieve one another. And it shifted onto other topics. (Not too far, but still.)...

..on line is not real life. I maintain you cannot really fall in love with someone on line because it lacks in voice and facial nuances of a relationship. One party gets needy and infatuated, the other takes advantage.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've read this thread with great interest today. While I agree with most everything that has been discussed; I did not always agree with how it was stated. Suffice to say someone once told me that if something is true it's not mean. Sometimes we can be mean spirited with situations we are not directly associated with especially if we don't know all of the details. This is a support group and hopefully the girlfriend in the scenario has learned something very valuable and will not make the same mistake again. I only feel someone is challenged if they continue to make the same choices over and over.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What's up with most of the people on this ETC board being so concerned with people sounding MEAN? I don't perceive much of what people say as being "mean" but a lot of gay men do. They seem to talk a lot about how we all need to stay quiet if we don't have anything nice to say- now keep in mind they will turn around and gossip about someone they don't like in a split second. But if you say something that is blunt, all of a sudden you are called a "meanie"

So be it, i'd rather be considered an honest and tell it like it is person than sweet all the time. Admit that people have different personalities, respond to different ways of talking and saying things and we often talk to people the way we would respond best.

I'm tired of this expectation that everyone should say things with a smile. It's not realistic, nor is it possible for some people to think like an oversensitive gay man everytime they say something.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
What's up with most of the people on this ETC board being so concerned with people sounding MEAN? I don't perceive much of what people say as being "mean" but a lot of gay men do. They seem to talk a lot about how we all need to stay quiet if we don't have anything nice to say- now keep in mind they will turn around and gossip about someone they don't like in a split second. But if you say something that is blunt, all of a sudden you are called a "meanie"

So be it, i'd rather be considered an honest and tell it like it is person than sweet all the time. Admit that people have different personalities, respond to different ways of talking and saying things and we often talk to people the way we would respond best.

I'm tired of this expectation that everyone should say things with a smile. It's not realistic, nor is it possible for some people to think like an oversensitive gay man everytime they say something.

Funny stuff :biggrin1: So if I called you a rude bitch I'd just be being an "honest and tell it like it is person" right?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Funny stuff :biggrin1: So if I called you a rude bitch I'd just be being an "honest and tell it like it is person" right?

Do you think it would ruin my day? Or make me cry? You could be the sweetest person and smile all the time and still be called a bitch. You should know that by now.

I take what i dish out. If people got all upset about being called bitch, the world would be in far worse shape.