I have a resolution

Not enough to make a difference. I go a few months at a time without drinking any.
do you drink/eat a lot of sugar?


after having a lot less sugar in my diet i went from 240 to 192 pounds currently that is with out changing anything else i.e exercise less junk food..
 
My resolution (furreal) is to attempt at least 1000 squats per week.. or roughly 52,000 squats this year.

so far.. I'm on track. :)

I know it isn't much for some folks but for me.. it's not IMPOSSIBLE, but I will have to focus to get it done. And hopefully, will have a better looking rear-end in 2018!
January totals are in 4,375 squats for the month.
Still on track for February. 1,000 per week. Or 150 per day.

Can't lie. In looking forward to the masseuse working my bootie muscles.. Thighs and bootie! Those muscles been getting a workout!!

I'm thinking about adding weighted crunches .... For upper body. Any thoughts?

(Those who know me know I have a bad shoulder so I'm limited with weights.)
 
I'm thinking about adding weighted crunches .... For upper body. Any thoughts?

(Those who know me know I have a bad shoulder so I'm limited with weights.)

Mmmmmmyyyeah......weighted crunches......not sure. I used to watch a guy do weighted crunches. He'd put three or four 45# plates on his chest. He was ripped. However, I'm always leery of adding weights to bodyweight exercise b/c it seems like an invitation to injury.

Planks? Leg raises?

Can't add more at the moment.....kind of typing drunk.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Betty_Cocker
Can't lie. In looking forward to the masseuse working my bootie muscles.. Thighs and bootie! Those muscles been getting a workout!!

Lucky masseuse....

Seriously, though, good on you for sticking with your plan. My whole "biking consistently" thing has been an epic failure. I can't seem to stay well long enough. It's just been one sinus flare-up after another lately.
 
Lucky masseuse....

Seriously, though, good on you for sticking with your plan. My whole "biking consistently" thing has been an epic failure. I can't seem to stay well long enough. It's just been one sinus flare-up after another lately.
Me 2016... Hope you feel better soon.
 
Mmmmmmyyyeah......weighted crunches......not sure. I used to watch a guy do weighted crunches. He'd put three or four 45# plates on his chest. He was ripped. However, I'm always leery of adding weights to bodyweight exercise b/c it seems like an invitation to injury.

Planks? Leg raises?

Can't add more at the moment.....kind of typing drunk.
I was thinking of starting with Barbie weights... You know 5-7-10 pounds. That whole plates on chests hurts just thinking about it...
Get sober... Then give me more.... Ideas that is. :)

But yeah planks would be a good addition. Thanks !
 
I was thinking of starting with Barbie weights... You know 5-7-10 pounds. That whole plates on chests hurts just thinking about it...
Get sober... Then give me more.... Ideas that is. :)

But yeah planks would be a good addition. Thanks !
Perhaps bowls rather than plates?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Betty_Cocker
Here's my resolution so far:
I haven't done much to change my eating. I'm really trying to eat a little less junk food, which isn't that hard because I didn't eat much before.

As for the physique--it's mixed. On the one hand, I've gained about 5 pounds. I used to be roughly 193+|-, and now I'm 198+|-. On the other hand, my waist is the same and my upper body is showing more muscle. The other day I was doing squats and caught a glimpse of abs under my shirt.

I haven't done anything to increase my cardio/aerobic work.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Betty_Cocker
Keep up the good work TT..
For my update.. I have over 13,100 squats logged fire jan-March. So far on track and I can feel the difference. My waist muscles are tightening up as well as the glutes. I've had to spend more time at the spa and really have a great therapist working work me to keep me in shape.

I've only lost 5lbs. But we just started Watching and counting macros. Every little bit helps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: twoton
Here's my resolution so far:
I haven't done much to change my eating. I'm really trying to eat a little less junk food, which isn't that hard because I didn't eat much before.

As for the physique--it's mixed. On the one hand, I've gained about 5 pounds. I used to be roughly 193+|-, and now I'm 198+|-. On the other hand, my waist is the same and my upper body is showing more muscle. The other day I was doing squats and caught a glimpse of abs under my shirt.

I haven't done anything to increase my cardio/aerobic work.
Abs.jpg



Sorry,
Just could not resist the opportunity.

You already make the rest of us look like slackers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: twoton and marinera
Here's my resolution so far:
I haven't done much to change my eating. I'm really trying to eat a little less junk food, which isn't that hard because I didn't eat much before.

As for the physique--it's mixed. On the one hand, I've gained about 5 pounds. I used to be roughly 193+|-, and now I'm 198+|-. On the other hand, my waist is the same and my upper body is showing more muscle. The other day I was doing squats and caught a glimpse of abs under my shirt.

I haven't done anything to increase my cardio/aerobic work.
.
Nice man. Keep up the good work.
 
Here's my update.
I've tried to cut back on snacky junk food. It may be helping. I also started with a new lifting routine, the Doug Hepburn method.
I think I may have cut a little bodyfat all over, my chest, arms, and shoulders are showing more definition. My abs, maybe a little. I'm far from my objective.

That being said, over the past ten days my family suffered two unexpected deaths (separate from one another). After a week of unbearable stress, missed meals, and eating out on the fly (fast food, coffee shops, etc.) my weight went from about 198 to about 190.

All things being equal, I'd rather not have been in a position to "cut weight."
 
  • Like
Reactions: Betty_Cocker
"Liked" the update, didn't "like" the sad news. My condolences. Any los is tough in more ways than just one.

My update. I'm still on track with my squats challenge although my IT Band on the left leg is killing me. I'm doing stretches and find that the more I walk (not squat) the better it feels.
Didn't reach my squat goal for May but I was ahead. I did do tons of walking in May as we traveled to Las Vegas and took a tour of the 5 National Parks in Utah plus Corona Arch (the best one in my opinion) as well as the Grand Canyon (a bit over-rated IMO) .

I've lost 15 pounds and need to get another 10-15 off but I'm trying not to focus on the number as much as the "feels".
I am far from my objective as well, TT. The midsection needs more work. But moving forward.
 
  • Like
Reactions: twoton
I've lost 15 pounds and need to get another 10-15 off but I'm trying not to focus on the number as much as the "feels".
I am far from my objective as well, TT. The midsection needs more work. But moving forward.

15 pounds is a huge accomplishment. You hear about morbidly obese people losing 50, 60, 100 pounds and everyone makes a big deal about it, which it is. But to lose 15 is a big deal because 15 pounds on anyone is substantial on nearly anyone. Good job!:)
 
Reviving the thread for a year end updated
I am 1000 squats away from my 52,000 goal this year with 11 days to go.
I should be able to make it. I've slowed down through the Holidays because of the BUSYness of the season.
Right now I'm battling the oncoming annual Christmas cold....every damn year.

But I will make a gallant effort to work in around 200 per day and reach my goal.

How about you?

Where are you on your New Years 2017 Resolution ??

And have you determined what 2018 health goals shall be?
BC
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bondi
This year I have a resolution. I've never had a "six pack." I've had kind of decent abs for someone who doesn't focus on abs. More specifically, I've never had a belly, and my waist size hasn't changed since I was 19 or 20 years old.

I'm very close to being 50 years old.

This year I want to get some truly visible abs. Not the kind I have to flex to see. It probably means I'll have to watch what I eat, more than anything else.

From your full body photo I think you need to lose at least 15 pounds to have your abs popping without flexing. Never mind this is an old thread. I'm sure you have reached your goal by now.
 
Well. It seems like I’ve developed more musculature and lost some body fat but I’m not where I wanted to be.

Since around Thanksgiving I’ve been eating less but haven’t lost much net weight. In early December my weight went up a good 4 or 5 pounds and it has since come back off and I do look leaner than before I gained the weight even though I’m back to the original weight.

Me lose 15 pounds? No way, man. I’d lose too much strength and be down to about 180.
 
I don't really enjoy running. Probably because I always push too hard, and should ease up a little. Swimming? I wish. I try and try and try every summer. For years, I try every summer. I sink. Like. A. Brick. Swimming one length leaves me sucking air like I just sprinted 400m. Maybe I'll take lessons.
Men's health has a workout called the mother of all ab workouts. It's intense. Six exercises in four minutes. It'll have your abs showing in no time. I've been doing it for about 10 wks. It's really good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: twoton