If your friend told you he was gay....

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If a friend came out with that I would be very supportive of him and if he was a true friend I would love him just the same as before I knew this.
I can't imagine a friend walking away because of such information. Loyalty is sacrosanct bar none.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I would be very understanding and let him know that it didn't matter to me.

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I would have to go shopping. I'd also talk about lots of fabulous stuff. But... all my close male friends are gay, so my opinion is from a swayed opinion.

But that would be the very reason I would NOT want to come out of the closet. While I must admit that I can identify with some of the gay steriotypes. I am very much a guy...with a large male ego. Shopping or
"Antiquing" with the girls or even with the guys... would be very much an emasculating experience for me. Yep...have to admit...its a male ego thing...

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
But that would be the very reason I would NOT want to come out of the closet. While I must admit that I can identify with some of the gay steriotypes. I am very much a guy...with a large male ego. Shopping or
"Antiquing" with the girls or even with the guys... would be very much an emasculating experience for me. Yep...have to admit...its a male ego thing...
I don't even think that you can deal with those things until someone actually knows about your sexual preference. You can't keep yourself in suspension because of how other people feel or behave toward a particular subject. You just have to muster that strength that so many of us had to find and deal with all of those things when you get to them. Obviously a tangible support system would be cool. It might take a minute to comprise one but it's not impossible.

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't even think that you can deal with those things until someone actually knows about your sexual preference. You can't keep yourself in suspension because of how other people feel or behave toward a particular subject. You just have to muster that strength that so many of us had to find and deal with all of those things when you get to them. Obviously a tangible support system would be cool. It might take a minute to comprise one but it's not impossible.

I was just referring to being a victim of the 'gay steriotype of being effeminite . When a person comes out..its so easy to be a victim of
that...and that is so UNfabulous!!!!!

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There was a lad in my class at school who I didn't see for a few years after we all left. When I met up with him again he told me he was gay and I was bloody thrilled (I think I was born to be a "fag hag"). We used to have THE best times when we went clubbing, then he moved away because it was a small town and his parents turned against him. I miss him sooooooooo much!!

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There was a lad in my class at school who I didn't see for a few years after we all left. When I met up with him again he told me he was gay and I was bloody thrilled (I think I was born to be a "fag hag"). We used to have THE best times when we went clubbing, then he moved away because it was a small town and his parents turned against him. I miss him sooooooooo much!!
That sucks. I hate to hear that someone has lost a friend. Maybe you could find him and relive some of the good times that you all had. It could be greater than before since years have passed now.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I was just referring to being a victim of the 'gay steriotype of being effeminite . When a person comes out..its so easy to be a victim of
that...and that is so UNfabulous!!!!!
I feel you. I understand where you're coming from. That the shit that we just have to "will off" of ourselves and out of our lives. UN is so right.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That sucks. I hate to hear that someone has lost a friend. Maybe you could find him and relive some of the good times that you all had. It could be greater than before since years have passed now.

I've tried facebook and friends reunited etc, can't find him anywhere. It is really sad, I'd absolutely love to know what he's been upto and have him meet my daughter etc.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If my friend came out, I'd smack him across the face with my bible and pray for him!!
Damnit, marley, this man is concerned about the smoothness of his life...can we please get to a solution before you chirp in with the sarcasm?

LOL, I'm just fuckin' with u, marley. U know we're all good.:biggrin1: But u went there so I had to follow...

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Damnit, marley, this man is concerned about the smoothness of his life...can we please get to a solution before you chirp in with the sarcasm?

LOL, I'm just fuckin' with u, marley. U know we're all good.:biggrin1: But u went there so I had to follow...

Oh no you di'int!!

PS. Tyrese is sexy as fuck and if he came out to me I'd drop to my knees and open my mouth immediately.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've tried facebook and friends reunited etc, can't find him anywhere. It is really sad, I'd absolutely love to know what he's been upto and have him meet my daughter etc.
Damn, Denise, now I'm like racking my brain trying to see if I know a private investigator...in the UK. That'll give you a good deal on a "Find a Friend from Way Back" deal.

You should try checking with your graduating class. What's the president and VP of the classes called. That committee might have some contact information for your friend for upcoming reunions and events and such. Someone might have the right info to put you two back in touch. Google his name every now and then. You'd be surprised who you find on the Internet doing what. Good luck, don't give up. Good friends are hard to come by.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn, Denise, now I'm like racking my brain trying to see if I know a private investigator...in the UK. That'll give you a good deal on a "Find a Friend from Way Back" deal.

You should try checking with your graduating class. What's the president and VP of the classes called. That committee might have some contact information for your friend for upcoming reunions and events and such. Someone might have the right info to put you two back in touch. Google his name every now and then. You'd be surprised who you find on the Internet doing what. Good luck, don't give up. Good friends are hard to come by.

This was just junior school there were no Presidents and Vice Presidents. I should try his secondary school (we went to different schools from age 11).

Hmmm just needed a bit of a kick up the arse to have another look, thanks x

ps - the bloke in your avatar, can I have him stripped, washed and brought to my room? Thank you!

maestro071

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes - would realize that he respects me as a really good friend to whom he is ready to share with his biggest secret (if it was not his secret, as he is my friend, I would have known it,lol)Therefore, would appreciate his move and would treat him closer friend than before...

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
This was just junior school there were no Presidents and Vice Presidents. I should try his secondary school (we went to different schools from age 11).

Hmmm just needed a bit of a kick up the arse to have another look, thanks x

ps - the bloke in your avatar, can I have him stripped, washed and brought to my room? Thank you!
I'm glad that I could help to motivate u. Anytime. If someone missed me I'd want them look for me. The irony is that he probably misses u to death too. The avatar guy, that's Tyrese. I'll have sent right over, nude I presume, in a GOOD TO GO state. I can hook u up. x back at cha!