Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I need people i dont know properly to rant to. So i thought of you lot. I started liking this guy a year ago. He's straight but it was all good and i didn't get upset or anything because i knew that would make the friendship harder. He's not exactly popular at uni so i quickly became one of his closest friends and vice versa.

Then yesterday the insensitive prick told me he lost his virginity (like i wanted to know). Then, about an hour ago he asks for permission to go out with another best mate (who's female). Like i was fucking gonna say no!!!!!!!!!!! AND to make things worse he doesnt see how he's being insensitive. The ass hole!

I've read the entire thread and I know you said you had worked things out a few postings back; however, details came with more postings. Since you worked things out I'm stating this so that I can share my experience similarly like yours.

In college I was in the band where I met a student who would become a good friend. He was several years older and very charming with both guys and gals. He would confide in me many things including his sex life etc. He gave the impression of being a "womans man", much of it came because he was older and this seem to attract girls. He finally hooked up with one of the members of the band who was really a nice person, and a virgin, of course not for long.

I consequently found out the time and place and some details of how he fucked her etc. as time went on even found out the night he introduced her to anal sex. I was not seeing any one for whatever reason.

I started become more and more resentful of his sexual episodes with her as it seems that was the only reason he was seeing her. Remember I know both of them and especially respected her.

Together we decided to finish school in the midwest and dorm together etc. While there he started flirting and of course carrying on like he did when I first met him. I was not one to really express my feelings and opinion on his sexual prowess I thought that was him. Well in time the relationship faded with his gf back home and they parted ways, not before banging other girls which I knew about, and felt bad for "girl back home"(gbh). Than he asked if he should date this girl that both of us knew, nice girl I respected pretty much same as gbh.

That's when I really got upset, he had known me for over a year, we talked of other things besides girls and sex, and new my feelings about infedilty etc.( I guess I was pretty much straight gun regarding morals, and values, maybe thats why I had only one fuck till I met my wife, no longer as straight as than though) moving on.

My resentment was the fact that he was asking "permission". I was thinking like you, what an insensitive SOB. All this time he's known me, why ask, just tell me "I'm going to ask "new girl" out, I like her....etc" He knows how I feel about his indiscretions while in a relationship and in my gut I was hoping for him not to use this girl like gbh.

So SMN, am I close in assuming that by him asking permission it demonstrated how he discounted your relationship, and feeling taken for granted? That is kind of what I felt, in fact had he preface it with, "I know you might not like this", that would have made me feel that he did consider my opinion of him in commited relationships with the opposite sex.

We have gone our separate ways, and in looking back I think to myself that was the turning point in our relationship. I also realized, you know I was an immature SOB, who am I trying to control other people. I learned to give my opinion yet not expect it to be followed just considered. My self worth is no longer determined by those around me but to whom I appreciate that have enriched my life, which really is everything I encounter. There is good in all.

I know this is long but you know this is the first time I had to really face what happened in that point in my life, and your story triggered that experience.

have a good one!!!!

SuckmeNOW

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I havn't read this post for a while but i would like to thank a lot of the posters since my own last post. I think a few of you have managed to grasp how and why i felt like i did. As many of you have noticed i posted the original post as soon as it happened and i hadn't really had times to come to terms today with it. I was away from uni for two days (i've had an AWFUL head cold) and went back yesterday. He hugged me when he saw me which was cool. I was inbetween him and her (i had given her one of those 'meaningful im-gonna-say-what-i-wanna-say-to-you-without-speaking-hug) a few hours before - she does my course (psychology) unlike him. so i stated i was in his way and moved, it was kind of okay. they didnt hug or anything. i dont think they are as advanced as i thought. then about one hour later me and him were on our own and it was then that it felt weird. he gave me a hug again and was chatting some shit about something but i just wanted to get away from him. i dont know why.

The cold returned today so i havn't been with either but i texted both of them like i normally would with all my friends if i hadn't of seen them that day. i actually managed to ask how it was going with her and he said its all going good. and i was actually happy for them. not a massive 'i'm really pleased for you' kind of happy but its a start right? i think just need to spend time with them together to get used to it and i'm pretty sure i'll be fine with it in a few days.

that turned into a bit of a ramble. i just wanted to say thank you for those who had shown a bit of support and wisdom and to say how things had changed. didn't plan the essay lol.

Thank guys

SMN :)