Intelligence & Sexual Desire

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Negative correlation?

What I mean is...it seems to be that the more intelligent a woman is, the less sexual she will be. And the less intelligent a woman is the hornier she will be.

A lot of the college drop out types, maybe even "high school" drop outs, while not being the smartest, appear to be the horniest!

Which is nice to find but sometimes and "in the end" I would like beauty and brains and a "demon in the sack"

Has anyone else noticed this? With either men or women?

D_Tam_Ponds

Account Disabled
Media
I am both very intelligent and very sexual. I floated through college and never had to study, and passed my professional licensing exams with nearly unheard of scores. I also am a very sensual lover who can't usually get enough good sex. I had one ex who couldn't believe I could keep up with him - every time we made love it was an all night affair. In fact, we never got any damn sleep! Maybe I'm a rarity?

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, there is no correlation in my mind. I consider my self to be very intelligent and highly sexual.

What I have noticed is that some people tend to blow up everything that they say. In the end, the giant ass on their shoulders makes them pompous IMO. Whether or not they are sexual never crosses my mind because personally, I cannot move past their verbal flatulence.

However, I do not consider intelligence to merely consist of what a person has learned from standard education.

Last edited by a moderator:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No.

I can't speak about women since I sleep with men, but I've found no correlation. I've slept with men I consider to be brilliant, and men I don't consider to be brilliant, and among the best in bed are men in both categories, and among the rest, the same. I've experienced no relationship between intelligence and sexual skill or sex drive.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I think more likely that intelligent people are more discerning and discrete about who they fuck than stupid people. S the smart person might be fucking a lot, but keeping it on the down low.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No.

I can't speak about women since I sleep with men, but I've found no correlation. I've slept with men I consider to be brilliant, and men I don't consider to be brilliant, and among the best in bed are men in both categories, and among the rest, the same. I've experienced no relationship between intelligence and sexual skill or sex drive.

Actually, smart people tend to bring more creativity to bed, and the pillow talk afterward is always much more interesting :biggrin1:

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I don't even know if I can answer this question about men. There is traditional intelligence measured by scholarly achievements, then there is the type of intelligence that comes in other forms (creativity, social intelligence, street smarts, etc). Every partner I've been with has possessed intelligence of varying degrees and their sexual energy has fallen all across the spectrum. I haven't had much disappointment though, as I tend to be a highly enthusiastic and energetic in the boudoir so if it's going to derail due to differences in sexual intensity it happens earlier on.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people seem to be dismissing this. This isn't just my personal experience. A lot of eating disorders and body image issues are more common or even prevalent in "highly" intelligent people.

Not saying that every smarty pants has some sort of body image problem or necessarily that such a thing is the reason for their less-than-enthusiastic attitude to sex.

Was just curious. :confused:

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
Brains are sexy. I can’t say I believe brainy people are hornier, or easier. I can’t imagine how intelligence would have anything to do with willingness to have sex, frequency, or self imposed limits.

I’m intelligent. I have to say there’ve been situations with sex growing intimate gets disconcerting if my partner is not the brightest light. Sex can be intense for me. The intensity is in what I am thinking. That it feels good is a given. What I am thinking about what we are doing can be complex. I expect it to be complex for my partner. He, or she, may be gorgeous, smell astonishingly, be breathing passionately, I can see and feel those things, but what’s going on in that head. It’s intriguing. If I’m guessing, “not much at all” I’m not going to go as nuts about this person and our mixing our bodies and minds and spirits and souls.

Two of my three major lovers were very, very intelligent and third was problematic.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In my experience i have found the exact opposite. Slutty is not the same as horny. Those who are stupider tend to have just as much sex but enjoy it much less than those who have brains enough to expect sex to be enjoyable, healthful, and sacred.

Those who are promiscuous are often damaged by past sexual traumas which make them undervalue their experiences of sex. And continuing to indulge in something that gives no joy when there is a choice otherwise does display stupidity of a sort. But then so does any compulsive behavior.

I am very highly sexed and I know that it is a facet of my creativity as well as my above average intelligence. I do not waste my time on partners who don't value that, now that I am older and wiser.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, smart people tend to bring more creativity to bed, and the pillow talk afterward is always much more interesting :biggrin1:

I totally agree with you about the pillow talk part, but I've been with a few guys who had minds that I deeply respected or who were fascinating conversationalists, but who had sexual hang-ups and who were inhibited in bed and that made them boring lovers. There was only one guy that I would consider a good lover but not all that brilliant, but he was a really good lover and totally uninhibited and passionate. I don't think we ever had one conversation that I felt was deep, but he knew what he was doing when it came to great sex. I'd say that he was proof that I don't need great conversation or respect a man's mind to be impressed by a guy's sexual talent. The other great ones were all very intelligent.

Last edited:

D_Ebensneezer_Spooge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
this girl i hit the clubs with is hot but bless her shes in pre-algebra and shes 27 years old...i am 24 and have already taken calculus...i definitely know just from our behaviour when we go out...IM the hornier one...no details just believe it lol

D

deleted405852

I'll keep this simple, that is DUMB. I've met and dated intelligent women and have come to find that like "most" women they need mental stimulation, you know flirting, build anticipation, mind games, etc. whereas guys can go from 0 to 60 in 6 seconds. The only thing that "intelligence" affects is what kind of crazy fun she'll think of when she's in the mood.

Honestly, you can lump someone's sex drive into a category or under certain criteria. Believe it or not, brainiacs actually give good brains aka head (that's my bad joke for the day).

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Sorry, on this one I would tend to disagree. The comparison is in essence a mental comparison of the "intelligent" and the stereotypical "bimbo". There is absolutely zero truth to this. There are many intelligent professional women who are just as sensuous and sexual as those who were not blessed with the highest I.Q. numbers. It is a stereotype and nothing more.