Apolo1998

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i´m latino and the other day was talking with a friend and i told him that i wouldn´t date anybody that isn´t a mixed race latino. he was little bit shooked because he said that the way i said it sounded a little bit racist, but i know i´m not. What do you guys think? my perspective is that is better for everybody if everyone stays with their own. Thoughts?

Reactions: malakos

billstv78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don’t necessarily see it as racist. We all have a physical type, and yours could lean towards the features latino’s have (as opposed to say, blonds). And there’s also a cultural component, dating within ones’s group will have a comfortable familiarity, especially regarding food and customs.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i´m latino and the other day was talking with a friend and i told him that i wouldn´t date anybody that isn´t a mixed race latino. he was little bit shooked because he said that the way i said it sounded a little bit racist, but i know i´m not. What do you guys think? my perspective is that is better for everybody if everyone stays with their own. Thoughts?
"Everybody staying with their own" has been the historical norm for generations and all it really generated was a healthy bit of xenophobia that typically carried a negative slant proportional to levels of melanin in the skin.
There's something to be said for emphasising ethnically homogenous relationships, specifically within historically disenfranchised populations, as a way to bolster some foundation of power or culture that is lacking or non existent.
That all being said history has proven the ones whom would do us most dirty, typically look just like us so...
I dont think racially homogenous or interracial relationships can ever be placed in any sort of hierarchy..but If there were to be any tenets as to going about them, I think both should be possibilities we are open to happening upon...but perhaps the homogeneous ones should be the ones we are actively seeking. Goal vs. Opportunity, can either really be ranked ahead of the other?

Reactions: XAngel97

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The answer to whether or not this is unfair discrimination in your own thinking depends on this statement:
my perspective is that is better for everybody if everyone stays with their own.

If you ask yourself the question, "Why?" when you say this, the honest answer and a little open-minded introspection will tell you whether your reasoning is fair or potentially toxic.

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If that's your preference bruh and what floats your boat so be it, it's not racist to find a particular race sexually attractive and not others.

I'm white English but find all creeds and colours attractive, especially enjoy myself some sexy chocolate from time to time but that's just me.
Don't let anyone tell you what you should be sexually attracted to, it's your preference man.

Had someone tell me to "stick with my own kind". An yeah, I thought that person was a racist piece of shit..........

Thus far, given social circles n area n everything else, EVERY single one of my relationships, casual or otherwise has been "interracial". You can find folk that understand/respect your culture, language, etc even if they are not part of it. Which.. that's the only reason I can think of to stick to your own ethnic group that is not necessarily racist. Otherwise? Yeah, comes off pretty shit n racist to me, but hey, am just some anonymous person on the internet so my opinion is moot. You asked, tho

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
my perspective is that is better for everybody if everyone stays with their own

this statement alone is not enough to warrant racism. the OP is simply stating his preference and his opinion. there's nothing there that says a certain race is better/worse than another.

if someone takes this as racist then it's the other person's issue and not yours. when you share an opinion in a general statement and the other person fills in the blanks with their own bias and their own life-experiences then spits out "racism" back at you then the other person is truly the racist person or has a skewed view of what racism really is. it's very normal for people to project their own beliefs onto other people based on how they interpret what is said to them or what they hear. i know, this is annoying at times.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My opinion, since OP was just stating his..

Saying "people should stick to their own kind" or whatever the fuck is racist.

That's not him saying what he thinks is best for HIMSELF. It's him saying what he thinks of others when they are in an interracial relationship. He's judging others negatively based on their race, and personal choice. He's the fucking racist.

Apolo1998

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don’t necessarily see it as racist. We all have a physical type, and yours could lean towards the features latino’s have (as opposed to say, blonds). And there’s also a cultural component, dating within ones’s group will have a comfortable familiarity, especially regarding food and customs.
yes! this is what i was trying to say.

Apolo1998

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No no no! Different things turn me own.. I love Indian women with darker skin. I enjoy latino women as well as Caucasian women.
i find white guys and black guys indeed very atractive, but, i don´t see myself dating them or even having sex with them. i cannot explain why, is just something that i´ve always thought

Reactions: malakos

Apolo1998

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The answer to whether or not this is unfair discrimination in your own thinking depends on this statement:

If you ask yourself the question, "Why?" when you say this, the honest answer and a little open-minded introspection will tell you whether your reasoning is fair or potentially toxic.

mmmm, i think that i would be a little bit uncomfortable with somebody who doesn´t speak spanish. does that make sense?

Apolo1998

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
because i think that is better to date somebody with whom you have many things in common, not only hobbies and music, but also traditions and culture and yes race plays a role in all of that.

Whatever.

Think what you want. I'll be over here with my opinion, which is worth exactly as much as yours. Which is Jack shit.