Media
Sexuality
No Response

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Back to the 'age issue' here, when I see them at the gym it is usually on men my age that were raised 'with support' (ie wear em and protect em)

OR

younger (and please no offense intended) gay men.. the 30/40s tend to wear whatever under neath...(interesting to see men change shorts and shirt but NOT underwear...whew...

I think jocks are hot, but unfortunately they seem to be out of fashion these days.
I hardly ever see them on anyone at the gym anymore......shame! Sometimes I feel
like the only one wearing one.

I love going commando, and do it all year, even in the winter if it's not that cold. I
prefer going commando because it is less confining and lots more confortable.

petercooper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I do like wearing a cup from time to time. maybe that's because I was not an athlete in my young year. try wearing one in a Speedo some time.:eek:

I am trying to figure out why one would ware a cup when they dont have to....athletic activities .... personally I ware one only when officiating or playing baseball, find them uncomfortable but necessary considering how many times over the years foul balls have struck me, was always glad had a cup on ..

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Back to the 'age issue' here, when I see them at the gym it is usually on men my age that were raised 'with support' (ie wear em and protect em)

catman

I know what you mean...I heard a guy today at the gym
(in the showers)saying to another...

"Did you check out that "old geezer" wearing that old white jock strap?"
(I know who he was talking about and that "old geezer" probably hasn't
turned 40 yet!)

He continued...
"I bet he's had it for 30 years I wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of
those things. How could it possibly keep your junk safe?"

I recognized the guys as ones that always wear those black compression
pants down to the knees, under very ill fitting and short-shorts. Their
compression shorts don't seem to do them much good (keepiing their "junk"
safe), since they constantly have to "adjust" themselves which obvious to
anyone in the gym (or they have cooties...:).

OR

younger (and please no offense intended) gay men.. the 30/40s tend to wear whatever under neath...(interesting to see men change shorts and shirt but NOT underwear...whew...

And, they take off their compression pants and shorts....
hang them up in their lockers, and probably don't wash them very often.....
because working out near them isn't very pleasant, I can tell you.
I try to stay on the otherside of the room when I can.

paul011

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I often wear a jockstrap -- sometimes with a cup, sometimes without -- under my street clothes. I like the way my clothes look when I wear a jock and more importanly I like the way I feel. Does anyone elso do the same? feel the same

I wear a jock daily under boxers if wearing dress slacks. Just a strap under dockers and shorts. Swimmer jock to sleep.

coutter

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wore my jockstrap all day today. I went hiking near the Quebec boarder. I wore Carhartts and a jockstrap. Felt great.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The young catcher, Brian McCann of the Atlanta Braves must be very glad he was wearing a cup during the game last evening when the Braves played the Giants.

He went down on his face after being struck by a fast ball, but he recovered quickly and continued in the game.

Sometimes a cup is handy.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Let's be sure to differentiate between jockstraps and cups. Cups will (or should) protect your nuts from impact. Jockstraps don't do that any better than, say, briefs. What they do do is keep your balls fairly contained, and they're certainly better than wearing fucking BOXERS under sports shorts, which I see young guys doing and which strikes me as crazy. I read a doc's report saying a pair of briefs would be just as effective as a jockstrap, and for some sports that's probably true. I think for guys like me ( later 40's) jockstraps simply MEAN you've become a MAN. When I was in HS, ALL guys wore white briefs and we ALL changed into jockstraps for PE and sports. ALL. PERIOD. It was awesome. I feel lucky to have grown up then and not a good 15 yrs later when jocks were in decline. It's a cryin' shame.

giftedsincebirth

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't wear one all the time under my street clothes, but I'd have to agree that when I do it seem that my jean or slacks do look better. And, yes I do like the way I feel when wearing one. Just comfort especially when working out or running. I couldn't say I've ever found wearing a cup was that great and I only have while playing baseball.:rolleyes:
Maybe wearing a jockstrap for us is what wearing a thong is to a women. I personally haven't worn a jock strap since high school. Never though about how they might make my clothes look. I guess I'll give it a try one day.

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
[B said:
I personally haven't worn a jock strap since high school. Never though about how they might make my clothes look. I guess I'll give it a try one day.[/B]

Hey Dude!

You should buy a STRAP and give it a try. I started wearin a "SWIMMER STRAP" as my undies in college like 10 years ago and have NEVER looked back!

RICKY_27:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:

petercooper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The young catcher, Brian McCann of the Atlanta Braves must be very glad he was wearing a cup during the game last evening when the Braves played the Giants.

He went down on his face after being struck by a fast ball, but he recovered quickly and continued in the game.

Sometimes a cup is handy.

Besides the fact that it is in the rule book that catchers are required to ware one, you would be totally stupid not to as a baseball catcher. Am sure its not the first time being hit there nor will it be the last depending on how long his playing days are.