Kerry Torpedo

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh yeah, Gawd forbid you should ever be "offended". Asshole.

It constantly amazes me, Madame_Zora, how you sit on your pretty little throne and throw shit at other people just because they disagree with you.

I've never once EVER made slurs against other people on this site. Yet with ten words, you went and made it personal.

Why?

All I did is express my opinion, which apparently only you are allowed to do without reprocussions. I've known full well that my remarks in this forum would cause controversy because I don't tow the liberal line and normally find myself on the political right of the spectrum. I've read through what Stronzo and Lex have said and I respect what they say and why they say it. Yet neither one of them have been reduced to throwing slurs directly at me. Why do you feel the need to do so?

What have I done to you personally to warrant such an attack? Disagree with you? Sure, I have. On some issues. On others I think you are right on. Yet it seems that recently you have taken everything as a personal attack on you, personally. Let the world beware. The last 5 or 6 posts that I see your name I shudder at because I can see the rant coming on. Right now, I don't see the smart woman I knew from before. All I see is someone who is becoming more and more consumed with hatred and, frankly, I think you should take a break for a bit and stop lashing out at everything that pisses you off.

I remember when I was on here previously. You always had something to say that was either amusing or thought provoking. I even tried to engage you, via whichever thread it was, in direct conversation. But even back then, you were a person whom seemed to think that only certain people were worth talking to. What those criterias were/are I can only guess.

If all you can do is throw slurs at people, whom you don't know, and make snap judgements on people whom you don't know, then how can you expect other people to respect you.

I'd like to see if you have the integrity to offer an apology. Because I am asking for one.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
This is a different discussion, but let's not pretend that the current military application process does not target people who do not finish school school or do not have the financial wherewithall to go to college without those "military perks."

Kids should finish school--who the fuck wants to die in a needless war?

Exactly. But as usual the Republicans have proven themselves quite adept at turning the TRUTH into something one should be ashamed of telling, something one ends up having to apoligize for... just like when reports surfaced about Bush's own "sterling" (as in silver spoon) record of military service.

The reason why they are able to do this is because enough (if not most) of the American public are gullible assholes, and they (the Republican Party) know it.

All they have to do is drop a few three line slogans (they figure THREE ought to do it...FOUR might be too much for our poor minds to accept or hold on to). Hence we get such bullshit as: "thousand points of light" (a risky enterprise considering it's actually four words), "make my day", "read my lips", "no new taxes" and the latest: "Cut and run".

And sure enough, old "John Q." gobbles up that bullshit like free breakfast. The get stampeded, and run around, and all confused, and then they wake up the next morning wondering how guys like George got in the White House.

The insult to our troops is that fact that they have been called upon(sent back two and three times) to fight (and die) in Bush's war, a war based on a lie and with no clearly definable end or purpose. That's insult WITH injury, IMO.

But no, we're mad at Kerry. What a freakin' world!

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
This was always my chief complaint with Kerry- he lacked the courage of his convictions that he apparently HAD back when he testified. If he'd had more gonads, he wouldn't have let himself become a middle-of-the-road-apologist-with-no-distinguishing-characteristics-from-him-republican-opponent. He also wouldn't have conceded the election without a demand for recount, and FUCKING INVESTIGATION INTO THE FRAUD. I hold him responsible for his part in that. There was a point where I wondered if he took money from the repubs to concede.

I'm with Brains-n-Dong on this one- Kerry lost me when he addressed bush with respect in 2004. I voted for him anyway, as the lesser of two evils, but I was unimpressed with his ability to tell the facts as they stand. He had that once, but he seems to have lost it. I would not vote for him again.

Agree with you too there, Madam Z. Guys like Kerry help lend legitimacy to Republican propaganda/bullshit.

We need assholes like him like we need....well, another asshole.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sklar, I called you an asshole because it was more expediant than responding to your whole post, but if you insist:

Kerry is a backstabber, pure and simple. After he finished with the Vietnam War, he went and testified before congress and backstabbed the men he served with.(by telling the truth) He destroyed the reputation of an entire generation of Veterans. Growing up in the 1970's, I fully believed that people did the acts that Kerry testified to. It is to my intense shame, that I drank the poison that he dispenced. Not only did he testify to them, he also admitted before Congress that he particiapted in them, too.

No, you cunt- Kerry did NOT destroy their reputation, THEY did by doing what they did. Telling the truth is NOT treason. So he did some things that he felt ashamed of doing, and he fucking confessed to it. That takes big balls, I wish the rest of the cuntry had them.

The interesting thing about that is that we have a man who has professed (did you mean CONfessed? There IS a difference between pro and con) to war crimes and hasn't been tried on them.

Now, thanks to the Swift Boat Veterans, we know that his testimony to Congress was a lie.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, I would elaborate, but there really isn't much reason. If you believe the swiftboatvets, that pretty well sums it up.

This whole idea that what he said was a botched joke is his contempt to people who have a brain. Saying John Kerry can tell a joke is like telling Roseann that she can sing.

It probably wasn't a botched joke, he probably meant it just the way he said it. I'll agree that he is lacking in the personality to tell a joke. Actually, it's the God's honest truth that people with less opportunity and education are more likely to join the armed forces, and the recruiting guidebook published here earlier pretty well establishes that, from their own perspective. I'm sorry so many of you repubs are just too blind to see that your own party is selling you out, but it ain't my problem.

Plus, he still hasn't, and won't, apologize to the men and women in the military. And let me say, too, that I AM a Veteran. I served in the USMC from 1989 to 1993. During my time in the Marines I was profoundly struck by the intelligence and moral backbone that I found there. I had already had a year and a half of college before i went to boot camp and I will say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the people I served with are far more intelligent than those that the college was teaching.

See, this is why I called you an asshole. He doesn't OWE anybody an apology for telling the truth, even if it hurted your little feelings. Grow up.

Saw a lot of conflict serving in those cushy years too, I'll bet.:rolleyes: No doubt, in peacetime you'll get a different crop of recruits, because it's a good way to learn a skill and get an education without having to risk your neck. In wartime, it's entirely different- but you know that already, don't you?

As a matter of fact, my grandfather served in WWII and my father served in Korea in the armed foces as well, and I'm very proud of both of them, as I am of the men and women who serve today. The difference is that I also hold people accountable for being able to think, and not join a conflict that they are not morally invested in. IF they are morally invested in this one, I find that sad. I don't know what your experience was, but I wouldn't call you the prime candidate for judging the whole college educational system as compared to the Marines.:rolleyes:

Backstabber! Backstabber! Backstabber! Backstabber! Backstabber!

I will give Kerry some Kudos, though. He's the most famous male gold digger we've ever known.
Um, hasn't he always been wealthy?

John Kerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you sure don't mind name calling, as long as it's YOU doing it.

And, before the personal attacks start in on me, if you are going to tow the party line, please don't. What he said is and was indefensible! This is NOT about the war. This is NOT about President Bush. This is AND WILL ALWAYS BE about how Kerry said that if you don't get a good education you will end up in the military.

I can assure you I don't tow any fucking party line, and I feel free to attack stupid thoughts wherever I find them, regardless of who posts them. You know I don't know you well and have no personal grudge- I am attacking your stance. It's easily enough done.

If you can't keep that truth focused in your mind, don't respond to what I've said.

Say what you mean- if we don't agree with you, you don't want to hear it. Your post was so full of bullshit I found it merciful to just call you an ass. No apology forthcoming, feel free to stomp and throw rocks. YOU'RE free to post whatever nonsense you feel, everyone else is free to respond in they way they see fit. It's called freedom of speech. I haven't threatened you or suggested you not post. Deal with it.

Honestly, I have a special disgust with people who are easily offended by words, but can support a president like bush who has condoned prison torture, spying on our citizens, lying to the American people to involve us in war to begin with, and therefore killing more of our own people than Al-Queda ever did. I am morally offended by THAT, which YOU support. You're still free to post that dribble, and I'm still free to express my disdain.

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
kerry's comments were about as timely as a fart in an elevator. thanks bud. i think it will indeed have an effect on election day. dumbass. he's a bright guy. couldn't he have found a way to word this a bit better?

but certainly, it provides proof that most people, the republican party, and the media focus on shit that is irrelevant. he made a blunder. he isn't running for anything. bush has never made a weird statement in a speech. much. Bushisms - Funny George Bush Quotes Updated Frequently

oh, but there was that one that said we needed to chase "weapons of mass destruction". there are more weapons of mass destruction on this board (see gallery for details) than there were in iraq. thousands are dead now and we are stuck. and kerry's slip of the tongue gets more coverage.

kerry is cooked. and i am cool with that. we need an "in your face" democratic leader who will point out the bs coming from the right, and have strong ideas of their own. can we pull mario cuomo out of retirement? ;-) hillary isn't going to be the answer. she has been backtracking from her real self ever since the "baking cookies and stand by your man" comment on 60 minutes in 1992. she doesn't say what she REALLY feels imho.

all of the dems out there right now are pussies. at this point, i'll just be happy if rick santorum loses, my least favorite of the bunch. the rest don't matter much. harold ford in tennessee, democrat, is proclaiming his belief that "marriage is between a man and a woman". fuck that. if you are no different than your opponent on the issue and others when the country is facing greater challenges, why vote democratic? (i will, but not with alot of enthusiasm...jim webb versus george allen makes me snore)

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Agree with you too there, Madam Z. Guys like Kerry help lend legitimacy to Republican propaganda/bullshit.

We need assholes like him like we need....well, another asshole.

Yeah, and there's plenty of assholes to go around in both parties. I'm so glad my voter registration card says "unaffiliated" under the "political affiliation" heading.

We need a leader who will stand up for what he/she believes in, not in the "stay the course" even if it's wrong sense, but one who knows how to negotiate, who knows how to reason, and knows that it's no sin to change your mind- or at least make a new decision based on new information. Maybe that person is Obama, sure looks like a possibility. Sure would be nice to get someone who wasn't a career shit-sucking scumbag for a change, although I fail to see why he'd subject himself to the wreck that is the Whitehouse.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Responses are in red.:smile:
bush has never made a weird statement in a speech. much.
Now, we don't E--VEN want to go there, do we? Hehehe.
oh, but there was that one that said we needed to chase "weapons of mass destruction". there are more weapons of mass destruction on this board (see gallery for details) than there were in iraq. thousands are dead now and we are stuck. and kerry's slip of the tongue gets more coverage.
Yeah, you have to admit that Bush suffers the same slip of the tongue as well. Trust me it gets covered.
we need an "in your face" democratic leader who will point out the bs coming from the right, and have strong ideas of their own. can we pull mario cuomo out of retirement? ;-)
I agree. Why aren't you running for office?!! Who needs Mario Cuomo when we have you.
all of the dems out there right now are pussies. why vote democratic? (i will, but not with alot of enthusiasm...jim webb versus george allen makes me snore)Maybe. I don't see you doing anything substantial (other than complain and critique) either so I guess that makes you pussy as well.

AndrewEndowed24

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I love the way Bush is jockeying like a high school bully. He is really in true form playing power politics and trouncing those who violate social conventions.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I asked for an apology and didn't get one from Madame_Zora.

Can't really say that I am shocked by that.

Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

As for being offended by words, I'm not.

As much as you want to deny it, you crossed the line when you made this personal. All I asked for was an apology for crossing that line.

I'll say this much for Kerry, at least HE apologized.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It constantly amazes me, Madame_Zora, how you sit on your pretty little throne and throw shit at other people just because they disagree with you.

I've never once EVER made slurs against other people on this site. Yet with ten words, you went and made it personal.

Ah a gentleman. Well much as we disagree on much politically Sklar you have my kudos for that alone.

Why?

All I did is express my opinion, which apparently only you are allowed to do without reprocussions. I've known full well that my remarks in this forum would cause controversy because I don't tow the liberal line and normally find myself on the political right of the spectrum. I've read through what Stronzo and Lex have said and I respect what they say and why they say it. Yet neither one of them have been reduced to throwing slurs directly at me. Why do you feel the need to do so?

That is a question the poster to whom you direct it has no conscious answer. She'll call it her "style". You and I have experienced it as hatefulness. Trouble is when the serve is returned she cannot undertand it and gets even more hostile. She and I have attempted to discuss privately the differences in our personalities in order to post to one another in a style which will not offend. Lasted about a day as I recall.

What have I done to you personally to warrant such an attack?

Nothing. It's about her opinion of self. It has nothing to do with you.

Let the world beware. The last 5 or 6 posts that I see your name I shudder at because I can see the rant coming on.
Yes. It's increasing. Again we see her guilty of the very same "take no prisoners" modus of those like the Republicans in power she and I both abhor. But what she fails to understand (as I once said to one of the mods) if there's "no milk of human kindness" flowing through one's veins we become identical to those we'd seek to discredit.

Right now, I don't see the smart woman I knew from before. All I see is someone who is becoming more and more consumed with hatred and, frankly, I think you should take a break for a bit and stop lashing out at everything that pisses you off.

Congrats Sklar. You're a fairer man than I. I rather like to "engage in kind":biggrin1:

I remember when I was on here previously. You always had something to say that was either amusing or thought provoking. I even tried to engage you, via whichever thread it was, in direct conversation. But even back then, you were a person whom seemed to think that only certain people were worth talking to. What those criterias were/are I can only guess.

No shit! I had that hurled at me when I joined nearly a year ago.. the "there there lad. You're new. Pay attention to the wise old Zora and you'll be just fine" **pats condescendingly on my head:rolleyes:

If all you can do is throw slurs at people, whom you don't know, and make snap judgements on people whom you don't know, then how can you expect other people to respect you.

She can't and though I haven't read her response to this post of yours (if there is one) she doesn't want your respect ...she'd find it 'boring'.

I'd like to see if you have the integrity to offer an apology. Because I am asking for one.

In all honest I don't think she thinks she's ever owed anyone one once.

Good post Sklar. Glad you remained calm in your critique. I've taken notes. :wink:

That said? May I sincerely apologize for my haughty and too-direct response to your last? You're a reasonable man. And Republican though you may be I'll take one of you over ten of her any day of the week.

Mea culpa.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I asked for an apology and didn't get one from Madame_Zora.

Can't really say that I am shocked by that.

Hope in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first.

As for being offended by words, I'm not.

As much as you want to deny it, you crossed the line when you made this personal. All I asked for was an apology for crossing that line.

I'll say this much for Kerry, at least HE apologized.

How about you apologise for voting for a republican government who has killed thousands of our people, tortured the enemy, voted against gay marriage, forced "intelligent design" into our schools, lowered the educational standards, cut benefits to veterans and plunged us into the worst deficit in history? You do that, and I'll apologise for calling you an asshole. Until then, no sale.

Stronzo, you're such a fraud! Glad you can appreciate him for being a "gentleman" while he votes against YOUR rights! That's what I mean about why I hate those who are offended more by words than actions. You're stupid. Someone can call me any name in the book as long as their personal opinion of me doesn't affect how they vote for legislation that affects me. You're absolutely retarded if you see words as more offensive than legislation, and that's what I was trying to say in the thread where you went off about Dolf's personal opinion. You still don't get it though, because you're playing for points, and you're just so desperate to win. Good luck.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sklar?

There's the 'hostility' thingy I was speaking of in my last to you.

Zora?

Don't let me get to you honey. You seem like a reactionary and what's to 'win'? :33:

I just can't stand you. No biggie. I think you're a board joke and are a rather uncivilized one at that. Who cares other than you? No one.

Obviously, by Sklar's critique, he finds you to be one too.

Got a lil competition there sweetcheeks as the the "board sorceress of venom"? Well good enough. It's all good zora.

Hint? Don't give too much away in your reactions.:wink:

Zora's favorite reactionist words:

"stupid"
"boring"
"asshole"
"retarded"

Wait.. forgot one; when you don't agree with her she repeats over and over again 'you just don't get it':tongue: Well true zora. We just don't agree with you which of course in turn makes us "assholes", "stupid", "retarded", and ultimately "boring".

Ho hum.

:33: I know I've missed a few babe but that gives the gist of the retardation level of your intellectual development.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How about you apologise for voting for a republican government who has killed thousands of our people, tortured the enemy, voted against gay marriage, forced "intelligent design" into our schools, lowered the educational standards, cut benefits to veterans and plunged us into the worst deficit in history? You do that, and I'll apologise for calling you an asshole. Until then, no sale.

Stronzo, you're such a fraud! Glad you can appreciate him for being a "gentleman" while he votes against YOUR rights! That's what I mean about why I hate those who are offended more by words than actions. You're stupid. Someone can call me any name in the book as long as their personal opinion of me doesn't affect how they vote for legislation that affects me. You're absolutely retarded if you see words as more offensive than legislation, and that's what I was trying to say in the thread where you went off about Dolf's personal opinion. You still don't get it though, because you're playing for points, and you're just so desperate to win. Good luck.

Mad_Zora, I hope you get enough oxygen on your elitist tower that you have built around yourself. I don't know how many times I can say this but you went out of your way to be offensive and crossed the line. You seem to think that you alone have freedom of speech. You're wrong on that from two stand points. Point one: Everyone has freedom of speech, which includes the freedom to disagree with what others say. I realize that you want it all your way but that doesn't happen all the time. Point two: You may have freedom of speech but you don't have freedom from consequences. You used a slur against me. I took offense to that. I asked (politely) for an apology and you refused. Then to hide your wounded pride, you did exactly what John Kerry did, throw in a red herring. At least John Kerry is mature enough to issue an apology.

Nothing in the way I vote, and trust me, you do not know how I vote, calls for your belligerence. How do you expect anyone to engage you in thoughtful conversation if all you do is shoot from the hip, call them slurs and then run away when they stand up to you?

You automatically assume that anyone that doesn't agree with you is the enemy. No one is an enemy until you make them that.

I'm not going to fall for the "sins of the Father" thing. That doesn't work for me, Mad_Zora, because I don't subscribe to it. You judge others from your world view but some people have a different world view from you. It's a shame that you can't even acknowledge that simple fact. Remember, YOU cast the original slur. You owe the apology.

You're whole playing for point’s thing shows that you treat this as a game. The only points I go for are points of view. Stronzo does, too. This isn't a forum where what we say is going to change anyone’s feelings one way or another. Everyone's cake is pretty much baked in that regard. This is a forum where we can put out our points of view and defend them to our best abilities.

I was raised with the understanding that people who use slurs against other people shows their true character and colors. At this point, I'm not a big fan of you or your colors.

But that's OK. I know you feel the exact same way about me. So we can at least agree on that.

By the way, I'm still waiting for that apology.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
torpedo.jpg

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
it wasnt really a joke, he was just pointing out that the majority of people in the army are young adults who cannot afford to go to college. everyone wants to start life out with a little cash, and all of these kids see joining the service as a good way to make a decent amount of money for their age. bush knows this, hell, all the republicans know this

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In his non apology he said it was a botched joke. I still haven't heard anyone say what the unbotched version would have been.​
I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, he omitted one word, "us."

Spoken: "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Intended: "You know education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck us in Iraq."

A bit of difference, I would think. And it sounds to me, if that is accurate, that he was saying some shit about GWB, not about the troops serving.

By the way, I'm a decorated veteran of the USMC. Those of you ranting about what a traitor Kerry is, please fill me in on your military service. I'm not a Kerry fan, but I think he has more authority to speak about military issues than does GWB. I wanna see George's combat record. Shit, I want to see any of his military record, for that matter. It doesn't even have to be anything classified. I want to see his name on the morning reports for every day that he was "in the military." I know how the morning reports work, I used to prepare them for my unit.