Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm pullin for the Celts, having grown up in the greater Boston area... didn't catch much of the game tonight, only the last quarter or so - Boston has the tendency to turn it on at home, but on the road is where they've REALLY been off during the post-season. If they didn't have home court advantage for the first couple playoff series, I highly doubt they'd be where they are right now - they kinda turned it around when they won their first road playoff game in Detroit (they hadn't won ANY games on the road in Atlanta or Cleveland in the prior 2 series), so it look like they kicked it up a notch or two in Detroit where it's really starting to count. Be interesting to see which Celts team we see when they head out to L.A.; they're gonna have their work cut out for them - Lakers are gonna be REAL tough to beat...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm pullin for the Celts, having grown up in the greater Boston area... didn't catch much of the game tonight, only the last quarter or so - Boston has the tendency to turn it on at home, but on the road is where they've REALLY been off during the post-season. If they didn't have home court advantage for the first couple playoff series, I highly doubt they'd be where they are right now - they kinda turned it around when they won their first road playoff game in Detroit (they hadn't won ANY games on the road in Atlanta or Cleveland in the prior 2 series), so it look like they kicked it up a notch or two in Detroit where it's really starting to count. Be interesting to see which Celts team we see when they head out to L.A.; they're gonna have their work cut out for them - Lakers are gonna be REAL tough to beat...

Neither team actually looked good.... didn't really have a good "game 1" vibe to it at all... not sure how this series will go now, actually. Tough to tell. Paul Pierce's acting job was close to soccer "magic spray" comebacks.... little overblown on the heroics....

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Neither team actually looked good.... didn't really have a good "game 1" vibe to it at all... not sure how this series will go now, actually. Tough to tell. Paul Pierce's acting job was close to soccer "magic spray" comebacks.... little overblown on the heroics....
Yeah, I wondered about that too - I only watched a few minutes of the game. It was hard to tell from where I was watching exactly how Pierce got hurt... when they took him off on the stretcher, I wondered exactly what had happened, but when he jogged back onto the court (as if nothing bad occurred, no limp or anything), the first thing I thought of was some soccer-esque false alarm, where they run out onto the field, cart the guy off on a stretcher while he's writhing in pain, and he runs back out there 2 minutes later. Definitely a FAR cry from Willis Reed NBA finals of 1970 comeback...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I knew the bruins would win.

Especially when they hit the home run by Paul Pierce.

He is better than Tom Brady

_avg_

Sexy Member
Media
Neither team actually looked good.... didn't really have a good "game 1" vibe to it at all...
Are you kidding? It had the total "game 1 vibe" to it; each team getting the feel for one another, shaking the nerves out, etc... My favorite thing about tonights game was the officiating; they were letting the players play, and there was very little "flopping." It was a well officiated game and I hope the same can be said for the rest of the series.

themrsir

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Celtics dominated!!!

I am now sure that they will win the series. Before tonight's game I thought it would be close but I've got a feeling KG is going to win the Finals MVP and get his first ring.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
Living in the Boston area most of my life and watching Celtics/Lakers in the 80s.....am I the only one that said "huh, 21 years later and the Lakers have more white guys on the court than the Celtics do."

You know, 80s, Bird, McHale, Ainge.......sigh nevermind.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Living in the Boston area most of my life and watching Celtics/Lakers in the 80s.....am I the only one that said "huh, 21 years later and the Lakers have more white guys on the court than the Celtics do."

You know, 80s, Bird, McHale, Ainge.......sigh nevermind.

LOL... you're not the only one! :biggrin1:

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Celtics dominated!!!

I am now sure that they will win the series. Before tonight's game I thought it would be close but I've got a feeling KG is going to win the Finals MVP and get his first ring.

they got a 50/50 chance of winning but if they do paul pierce will be mvp. he's been money in the bank for them...pcikin up ray allen's slack and all

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Celtics dominated!!!

Wow... you call that a domination. Both teams did not look good. Had the Lakes had an iota of a push in second half, they coulda dealt the death blow. Noone played well, noone dominated... be real.

Game 2 this eve. Not to be typical.. but whomever wins tonight wins the series... (going on record)