Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My issue was discussed somewhat in this thread, but I wanted to take it a step further.

Last night, I hooked up with a hot babe that I had lusted after for the past few weeks. When she got naked and I disrobed, I was rock hard and stayed that way during the foreplay. Then when the condom was slipped on and we went at it, I progressively grew soft as we changed positions. I had to finish off by stroking myself to orgasm, which took awhile and with less of an erection than what I started with.

Note that I don't take meds, am in really good health for my age, am not overweight, eat healthy, take vitamins (and L-Arginine) and exercise semi-regularly.

The hangups about "wanting to please her" do apply to me somewhat, but I don't allow them to completely detract from my desire for pleasure.

This problem has happened a lot recently and I'm starting to suspect that the condom is having a constricting effect on Mr. Happy. I'm not necessarily Magnum size, but I am a tad thick in girth and have a bit of a curve. I've used Trojans mostly, and will soon try Kimonos and Life Styles Sheer Pleasure as alternatives. Also want to try Crown, but those are harder to find retail.

Is is really the condom that's choking the life out of me, or does it not even matter?

Appreciate the feedback.

D

deleted356736

Given you got progressively softer, I don't think the condoms are constricting you. Most likely it's psychological, you've lost erections after condom and penetration, and now you are a bit stressed over it, and so the cycle continues. Most likely if you had condom-free sex, you would have no problems at all, the mind being what it is.

The other thing is that condoms do rob us of subtle sensations, and sex does feel numb as a result. This may be part of your problem, which is you really can't feel that much compared to us men who are in long-term monogamous relationships.

Maybe a different brand might feel better, and that might help.

usmc_m45

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i use life styles when i use any other brand i lose it indeed its soemthing physcological

lowellstud

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Stamford, Connecticut, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The new Magnum Thin condoms are pretty good. I would lose my erection too, at times when using a condom. I felt that the stimulation was basically gone once I slipped on a rubber. The Magnum Thin are a bit better, and should do the trick. (And yes, it looks like you can use a Magnum!;) )

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A condom is far more likely to keep the blood in your cock than stop it getting there. So if it was the condom being too tight I would expect you to complain about being too hard rather then getting soft.

liberia

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No, that`s totally wrong scottbud. Condoms squeeze the life out of my dick -- even the biggest ones from "They fit".

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For what it's worth (and as my name implies) I hate condoms. I can go from rock hard to flaccid in the time it takes to tear the wrapper and extract the condom. It absolutely deadens every sensation when I put it on, so much so that I go soft just thinking about it.

That's not saying it shouldn't be used. I'm just saying I don't want to use it at all. I'm lucky in that I am married and she's had a hysterectomy. So no chance of STD nor pregnancy for us. On the other hand, if I were dating, I'd be spending a lot of lonely nights with myself for that very reason.

I have no slolution for you, just a "Yeah, I know what you mean and it sucks."

It takes a few hours before the smaller condoms get to me. Even the smallest ones are okay for a while.

But after that, it's like a war between the condom.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I once read that a drop of lube in the condom works well. I tried it and it helped a lot as allowing the to and fro movement which was very pleasurable. My Bride is now past the need for a condom so that is no longer a concern.

tibo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had the same problem. Like you, not necessarily Magnum size, but I switched to them and have not had any problems since.

BuddyX

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well thanks to all for the valuable feedback. My next hookup is this week, and I plan to give another brand a shot. So far, it appears that the consensus is split...some think it's the condom, some think it's psychological. Perhaps it may be a blend of both, who knows?

For now, I'm hoping that some different brands will do the trick, but if not, then it's Magnum Thin for me. :biggrin1:

BigInBellevue

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm trying a new Magnum called Ecstasy. It has "ultrasmooth lubricant" and a different shape. It it tight around the base but more expansive as you go toward the head - not tight around the penis. A drop of lube might still be helpful in the tip. It is slightly more expensive than regular Magnums. No report yet.