Low/medium/high circumcision

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
I was wondering if there was ever a consensus on what is considered a "High" "Medium" or "Low" circumcision? (How much inner foreskin)
I have about 20% to 30% of my inner foreskin (probably closer to 20%), what would that make mine?
P.S. thanks in advance for responding and please lets not turn this into a
Pro/Anti circumcision debate! :rolleyes:

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was wondering if there was ever a consensus on what is considered a "High" "Medium" or "Low" circumcision? (How much inner foreskin)
I have about 20% to 30% of my inner foreskin (probably closer to 20%), what would that make mine?
P.S. thanks in advance for responding and please lets not turn this into a
Pro/Anti circumcision debate! :rolleyes:

A photo would really help in making this determination...

its really hard to tell with percentages...

what is the physical measurement of inner foreskin that is left from the base of your glans to your circ scar? (in inches)..

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
I'm 7 inches long, the shaft skin is just over 5 inches long. my inner foreskin is .75 to 1 inches long,(19-255 mm),depending how hard my erection is(from average to rock-hard).

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Sounds about normal. That's how mine is. That's how doctors are trained--to eliminate as much mucosal tissue as possible. I call that a high and tight (distal) circumcision.

Low would be most of the inner skin is preserved wrong side out upon erection.

In other words low is when they amputate the shaft skin rather than the frenular delta and inner foreskin. High is when the shaft skin is practically fused to the sulcus (groove behind the glans) and almost all inner skin, frenular delta and frenulum is gone.

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
Acutally it's the other way around :biggrin1:
"High" is the cut away from the glans(more inner foreskin), low is closer to the glans.
So I guess I have a "low" in that case?

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Acutally it's the other way around :biggrin1:
"High" is the cut away from the glans(more inner foreskin), low is closer to the glans.
So I guess I have a "low" in that case?

You are correct, HIgh is when there is more inner foreskin remaining and low is close to the glans..

if you truly have an inch of inner foreskin i'd say that you actually have more of a high circ than a low circ, since low circs have like only about a 1/4" of foreskin +/- a little...

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
I think it also has to do with how long the penis is, since the longer it is the more skin will have grown, which is why I initially though a percentage would be more accurate.

Yeah about .75 to 1 inch, closer to .75 I'd say. When it's soft it bunches up a lot and kinda disappears.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Lol, and to think in another thread, I was told that having a coverage index with ratings to describe how much foreskin you have for the purposes of restoration was indicative of obsession and a foreskin fetish. Looking at this thread, I can see I was definitely right about the ratings serving as a method of convenience for talking about coverage.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Unfortunately, the majority of them are tight. When I think high and tight I think of a military haircut, with whitewalls and only a little hair left on the top of your head. So why is a high and tight circumcision called a low circumcision?

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Circumcision means removal of all retractable prepuce. Any foreskin left and you are only partially cut. Doubt if any culture still practices Pharonic circumcision but that is where it all started, what followed was the eb and flow of medical fashion.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Au contraire, mon frere! You will definitely find information there about different styles and techniques, along with clarifying illustrations. ---[Yes, that site is indeed procirc, and as an Intactivist I also am opposed to its entire agenda--but that's beside the point here. Circed is not asking for pro's/con's--merely for factual information on styles and appearances.]

ADDENDUM: I should also have noted in Link 12 another site, halfclip.dyndns.info , for further illustrations and descriptions.

Last edited:

Circed_85

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for the links karldergrosse. It seems I don't quite match the high or low pics given on that second link. It seems I'm mostly likely a "medium" then.
Does anyone have a standard they could offer to distinguish high medium and low?

The link at halfclip in post 15 will give you an idea of standards.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
if a guy still had all his inner foreskin and stretched it back, roughly how far on the shaft would it go?

I don't know of any figures on that particular question, C, and if there were any, they'd most likely vary all over the scale, just as penises themselves do. I'll crawl out on a limb, however, and offer my personal speculations. Logically it must depend on the individual lengths of both penis and foreskin. To be more specific, the inner skin is anchored at the sulcus; from that point inner and outer layers are of equal lengths (though the inner is doubled) toward the tip, covering the glans and including any overhang. Therefore, short penis & long foreskin = high retraction, long penis & short foreskin = low retraction, and so on. This should hold reliably true for men whose frenulums and/or foreskin openings allow for full retraction, but for others for whom one or both do not,* there doubtless would be no predictability whatsoever. My best guess, judging only by photographs/films and my own experience in this country and noncircumcising Europe, is that there may be more men who do not retract fully (i.e., all the way back and flat along the shaft) than those who do.

*As an aside, one of the most frequent assurances that I give, as an Intactivist, is this: There's nothing magic about retracting to the balls and nothing tragic about not retracting at all [i.e., no farther than just behind the glans].

For a little more on low circumcision, scan circlist.de: see especially the LH (dark brick-red) menu column, bottom heading ("Bildergalerie"), sub-entry "Low Circumcision." (Despite the English term, this site is in German; I'll translate passages of text {within reason!} for anyone who might request it.) I have no idea what percentage of the very few circumcised Europeans are low cut, but I have the distinct impression that it is the most popular style (traditionally, at least) in Germany and France...and in French Canada, whose surgeons, I've readd, are generally trained in that usual French style. To view a low-cut operation, see circumstitions.com, the first example under "Videos" (no title, but in a green box). A low circumcision obviously requires tugging out and removing virtually all of the inner foreskin: that procedure is exactly what you'll see in graphic detail, from beginning to end. ...And you'll hear the operator fatuously asking the mother if she is doing all right...! Sheesh!!!

Last edited: