lpsg bullyclanlifers

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've encountered some personalities in the short time I've been on here, but that was why I joined. Well, that and the whole "looking at pictures of large penises" thing... How boring would it be if everybody agreed with you 100% about everything? Even an actual support group has people who inject a bit of reality into the program, otherwise it's the equivalent of blowing smoke up your ass. If somebody is thin skinned enough to freak out over some colorful criticism, and really it doesn't matter whether it is constructive or not, then there are other places online that cater to a more hand-holding style of expression. Of course, I'm a relative newb here, and many folks have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome, but from what I've experienced both here and most places in the world, you tend to get what you give most of the time. Judge Judy may have said something like this, but if you go out looking for trouble, you've only got yourself to blame if you find it.

As to the idea of a banned list, I can totally see people wearing that like a badge of honor. I think I'd want to be on that list, have a rep like the bad boys in school did. Would I actually have to be mean to somebody to get on the list? How mean?

Fuck off!

:wink:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish to hell you people would quit quoting the person I have on ignore! How am I supposed to ignore him if you keep quoting him???? Sheesh...

I've never been banned or warned for that matter but I bet I'm on my ignored person's bully list.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
It's a bullying hierarchical dictatorship, and not a support group at all.

Just because the words "Support Group" are in the site name, doesn't make this a support group. Just like the way the German Democratic Republic was German... and that's about it. A nice-sounding name is the first step towards credibility.

Anyway, LPSG is a private site, and the owners can call it what they please and run it how they please. If you don't like it, you can vote with your feet.

MelbourneGirl

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I wish to hell you people would quit quoting the person I have on ignore! How am I supposed to ignore him if you keep quoting him???? Sheesh...

I've never been banned or warned for that matter but I bet I'm on my ignored person's bully list.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That's right - you are too much of a pissy little bitch to actually start a thread on this - but you'll jump all over it when someone else brings it up and keep it going for days.

And before you decide that me calling you a pissy little bitch is bullying you, please note that I totally defend your right to whine and bitch and moan about this shit and any other shit you can think of - but your right to do that is the same as my right to comment that I consider your posts on the topic to be indicative of the fact that you are a pissy little bitch.

THIS!

Why I have little_bitch on ignore.

I mean, honestly. It's an Internet Forum. There's going to be people posting from all over the world. Your experiences, personalities and tendencies will not mesh. It's just a fact of life.

Yes, there are a lot of strong personalities on here, who have been here for years and years. There are a lot of new people. In many forums, you have to prove yourself before you are accepted as one of the crowd. In any situation you will have to prove yourself. It's just a fact of life.

Plus, when someone posts something in the obviously wrong forum; a topic that's been posted for the 666th time, people get annoyed by it.

When someone like jphil/daddie's boy posts the threads he does, which, quite honestly show that he is 18 years of age, with little life experience, and is struggling with it, sometimes people get annoyed, and get snarky. Especially because he reacted negatively and immaturely to just about every piece of criticism that he didn't like.

If you are so thin skinned that you can't deal with criticism on an Internet Forum, you really don't need to be posting. Don'tcha Think?

And yes, if little_bitch is allowed to post it's list of who it thinks all the bullies are, people who *gasp* disagreed with it, then yeah, I think we all should be able to post our lists of who we either don't get along with, have had negative experiences with in the past, or simply don't like their posts. Fair is fair, right?

/Seriously, Y'all need to lighten up.....

Attachments

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I think it's very telling that a certain group of individuals are very threatened at the thought of an LPSG bully list.

If I were to name the individuals that object so much, I dare say it would constitute such a list in itself!

I'm not threatened by it. I proposed the idea.

Solomon would be proud.
I've told you. I'd like to see who you think the bullies are. You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Just as I'm entitled to jeer mercilessly at it.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see how you can read through this very thread and simultaneously believe that there is no bullying on these forums. There are a lot of people who believe this is the case but are afraid of speaking up because of what's going on the right now. Not just new members of the site, either; some very well respected regulars are of this opinion, but since the members who are primarily responsible for such actions are either their friends or would stigmatize them, they hold back from commenting.

There should be a point at which the repetitive nature of the claim of a 'clique' or 'bullying' draws a response other than "you need to deal with it". Why isn't the response "How do we learn from this critique and become a better community"?

I've advocated stricter standards against personal attacks in the past. I'll continue to do so. I'd also prefer if off-topic posts were kept to the forum specifically for such gallivanting. But I'm not everyone and I don't get to make the rules. That said, personally, my posting frequency is extremely low on this site specifically because of how conversations are structured here. I also know that many people are dissuaded from becoming regulars here because of the caustic tone that many threads adopt. My ex joined the site looking for advice and was very well received, but ceased posting here for precisely that reason.

Anyways, that's my 2c.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't see how you can read through this very thread and simultaneously believe that there is no bullying on these forums. There are a lot of people who believe this is the case but are afraid of speaking up because of what's going on the right now. Not just new members of the site, either; some very well respected regulars are of this opinion, but since the members who are primarily responsible for such actions are either their friends or would stigmatize them, they hold back from commenting.

There should be a point at which the repetitive nature of the claim of a 'clique' or 'bullying' draws a response other than "you need to deal with it". Why isn't the response "How do we learn from this critique and become a better community"?

I've advocated stricter standards against personal attacks in the past. I'll continue to do so. I'd also prefer if off-topic posts were kept to the forum specifically for such gallivanting. But I'm not everyone and I don't get to make the rules. That said, personally, my posting frequency is extremely low on this site specifically because of how conversations are structured here. I also know that many people are dissuaded from becoming regulars here because of the caustic tone that many threads adopt. My ex joined the site looking for advice and was very well received, but ceased posting here for precisely that reason.

Anyways, that's my 2c.

It's because usually the posts about the "Cliquishness" and "Bullying" are usually by members like the one on my ignore list, who have a history of posts where it's clear that they like to hear themselves talk, and they present things in a manner that screams "Waaaah! he's bullying me!" or theyre by new members who do not have any clout.

It's not necessarily what you say, but in the manner that it's presented. That's where so many people get messed up with it.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's because usually the posts about the "Cliquishness" and "Bullying" are usually by members like the one on my ignore list, who have a history of posts where it's clear that they like to hear themselves talk, and they present things in a manner that screams "Waaaah! he's bullying me!" or theyre by new members who do not have any clout.

It's not necessarily what you say, but in the manner that it's presented. That's where so many people get messed up with it.

I believe that might largely be because of selection bias; the people who you're most likely to enjoy the company of are those who are least likely to want to rock the boat. It therefore makes sense that those who are experiencing the brunt of the ostracism are going to be the ones who raise the point. Regardless, even if you disagree with someone, that doesn't mean that you need to attack the person; that's very, very poor form.

That said, does the source of the argument or the style in which its presented have anything to do with the truth of the statements therein?

No.

The people who you're not seeing argue are the ones that just don't care enough to fight what they perceive is a pervasive and toxic site-wide culture. Those people leave. Those people, insofar as I've spoken with many of them, are very, very cool people.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

Anyways, that's my 2c.

I condemn your use of the emotionally charged word "bullying" to describe what is actually vehement disagreement. No threats of violence are being made here. I was bullied as a kid, and I know what bullying is. I've been subjected to real violence, and my understanding of it is unique to the group of people who have had similar experiences. Some sublimely arrogant people fancy themselves and their opinions heroic, and believe that anyone who opposes them has somehow oppressed, violated and intimidated them. Everybody has the right to his opinion, but nobody has the right to say what he wants and have it accepted entirely without opposition.

Bullshit. No threats are being made here. Any time I've seen them made on this board, they have been dealt with swiftly and firmly.

I wish these cunts would have a heart, and stop playing with words.

Willifred

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
If someone could condense this in to one small paragraph for me to read I would be eternally grateful.

I read about three lines of the first post and realised I couldn't be bothered with the rest.

L_egit

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I condemn your use of the emotionally charged word "bullying" to describe what is actually vehement disagreement.
It isn't. Disagreement involves a focus on the premise or logical structure of an argument. Yelling "fuck off" to someone does not constitute a 'vehement disagreement', its an attempt to make someone feel unwelcome so that they don't voice their views.

Many people have taken the hint. They've left.

If you think that people need to be threatening others with violence in order for a statement to rise to the level of bullying, then I'll disagree. Exclusion doesn't need to stem from a threat of violence; the two can be linked, but one is not a requirement for the other.