Massage table erections

lilova9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i actually got a message for my bday...i expected to get a bonner but the female i thought was going to do the message wasnt. the person giving the message wasnt attractive, so no bonner at all. was that good i guess. you have to strip down to just unerwear and get under a sheet. when she messages the innerthighs a bonner can definately happen but in this case it didnt. so i think the massuse has a lot to do with it

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I went to massage school when I was 19 years old. There was an entire lesson erections during massage. Essentially, they happen. It's not always a sexual thing--men get hard when they feel good, be it sexually or otherwise.

I've done bodywork on all sorts of people. I get moaners, sighers, completely comatose corpses, chatty chattertons, etc. All of 'em get hard at one point or another. (Women's nipples also get hard during massage.) Unless the man actually draws attention to the fact that he's got an erection, I don't really even notice. It's not my focus while I'm doing the massage so it's not an area I really pay attention to.

I've known a few women who quit the business altogether because of the erection factor and I think that's rather unfortunate. Unless a man tries to actually get frisky with me while he's on my table, it's just not an issue.

And as far as massage being a sexual thing--if you ever go to massage school, that will kill any link of sex and massage you had. I find it incredibly non-sexual now, just a feel-good experience.

Eva is right. A good masseuse (sp?) doesn't really pay attention to it and just does their part which is therapeutic.

Now as a client, there is some responsibility on your part. if you go in looking for "a hot masseuse" you may want to rethink why you are getting the massage. I have had a masseuse for 5 years now and all of them are very professional. Erections happen. As Eva said, you start to feel good, it happens. Or as my current masseuse puts it:

Schwing happens.

As a client, I am not going in for sex or sexual arousal. I am going for body health and generally to feel good and relieve pain. Early on, I had a friend who was going through massage school and she wanted to use me as a test case. I thought sure, why not. I found out why not. Seems she wanted to know if what they say about black men was true. I am the relaxed client so sometimes I doze off. Can you imagine me being awakened to my masseuse doing a good job on my cock? Not cool.

A good masseuse/client relationship depends on both knowing the needs and roles they both play and that means no sex and understanding that "schwing happens", mostly unplanned. A good masseuse will work around the "issue" and not make an issue of it.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
The question for you experts is, if they do, how much do you tip?

Tipping depends on you and what your preferences are.

As for me, I tend to tip 20% minimum. I can be an excessive tipper but when massage is the subject, I have to take a few things into account:

--if they work at a dayspa, chances are they're renting the space at a very high price

--if they aren't renting the space, they're working on a "cut" basis and these tend to suck for the therapist; standard rates tend to be 60%/40% favouring the therapist but cruise ships will often book solid days without breaks and the therapist makes 10% to 20% of the massage price

--if they are on their own and drive to my place, I take gasoline and insurance into account. Insurance is more expensive for therapists who go-to than for ones that are in place. (Usually, the buildings are insured and any injuries due to the massage will be covered by the home-owners/work insurance.)

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tipping depends on you and what your preferences are.

As for me, I tend to tip 20% minimum. I can be an excessive tipper but when massage is the subject, I have to take a few things into account:

--if they work at a dayspa, chances are they're renting the space at a very high price

--if they aren't renting the space, they're working on a "cut" basis and these tend to suck for the therapist; standard rates tend to be 60%/40% favouring the therapist but cruise ships will often book solid days without breaks and the therapist makes 10% to 20% of the massage price

--if they are on their own and drive to my place, I take gasoline and insurance into account. Insurance is more expensive for therapists who go-to than for ones that are in place. (Usually, the buildings are insured and any injuries due to the massage will be covered by the home-owners/work insurance.)

Eva? Maybe this would help everybody out (and even me as I am about to lose my wonderful therapist). What is a good way to go about finding a good therapist other than the spas (Gene Juarez is expensive and pays the massage staff horribly) or a medical professional?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everytime I have gotten a massage from my therapist an erection was sure to come. It usually happens when I get rubbed in the butt and hamstrings, thighs. I think it is just hardwired in me. My massuse takes it as a compliment that he is doing something right. There is just something about the touch that gets me hard, great magic hands - strong, warm, soft, and firm.

Eva

Experimental Member
Media
Eva? Maybe this would help everybody out (and even me as I am about to lose my wonderful therapist). What is a good way to go about finding a good therapist other than the spas (Gene Juarez is expensive and pays the massage staff horribly) or a medical professional?

I always recommend starting at a local massage school. Depending on the program the students are in, they've got to accumulate a set number of clinic hours before they get their certification. Many schools offer clinics where their students can actually give lower rate massages to up their clinic hours. Don't worry about sub-par massages; they only begin clinic hours after they've had all their training for the actual massages. Training includes practicing on one another during class time. (I haven't really received a proper massage since school.)

I still recommend tipping students. Most of the time, money earned during clinic hours goes straight to the school and not to the student since they're not officially certified at that point. Students can always use the money and if you get a good one, keep in touch with him/her or request that student if you return and s/he is still there. If you become one of the first regular clients for a newly certified professional, you usually get bonus discounts, extra long massages, etc.

When I was doing it regularly (it's now one of my many "fallbacks"), I set a price for my clients on their first massage. So long as they came regularly (whatever that meant for them--once a week, month, blah blah), their price was the same even if my rates rose. So someone could feasibly be getting a $40/hour massage while everyone else was paying $60 to $65 simply because he was a regular from the get-go. And don't be afraid to offer up a deal like that. Therapists are always looking for reliable, regular clients.

I did a quick google search and found a site that lists a bunch of schools in Seattle, Osiris. It's technically a site about choosing the right school as a student, but I figured you could click the links to the schools and check out their clinic hours, etc.
Choosing a Massage School in Seattle

MuscleBound

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Every Friday afternoon I get a deep tissue massage - and mostly it is painful. My masseur is a married straight guy like myself. I get an erection everytime, and it last however long it's there. I don't worry about it, and I don't believe he does either. I don't want him to provide any sexual favors so I don't know if that would increase the tip. I tip him 20% each time anyway.

hlest

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can you imagine me being awakened to my masseuse doing a good job on my cock? Not cool.

huh? I'm pretty sure that is the definition of cool

Randyvoorburg

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don’t know how long I was asleep but I woke up after one of them returned to the room. He removed the blanket and poured more warm oils on my chest. He then took my cock in his well oiled hands and gave me one of the best hand jobs I’ve ever had.

Every massage I had in India was out of this world and inexpensive.

Wow. See, even straight men can enjoy some gay sex.

Divine1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am get regular therapeutic massages....it is a gift to myself to relax. My THERAPIST (preferred term) is a consummate professional. There is nothing sexual about the experience. For some the first couple of times may be uncomfortable with someone being so intimate with you body....but once you are comfortable with it there is nothing to put you in a happy, relaxed state.

I would highly recommend it. Indulge yourself!!!

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am get regular therapeutic massages....it is a gift to myself to relax. My THERAPIST (preferred term) is a consummate professional. There is nothing sexual about the experience. For some the first couple of times may be uncomfortable with someone being so intimate with you body....but once you are comfortable with it there is nothing to put you in a happy, relaxed state.

I would highly recommend it. Indulge yourself!!!

Not that I have anything to erect but I did have to jump in about massages. They are wonderful. I recommend them to everyone. I think that all senior citizens should get a massage a week at least. We need that kind of touch to keep our bodies relaxed.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just about every time if not every time I've been massaged, I've gotten a hard on. One guy whom I used to go to regularly didn't do the whole towel draping thing, so the first time I got wood, I was sort of embarrassed, but didn't say anything. After about the third time this happened, I made some comment about it, saying something like "sorry, man. Really, you're not my type." He just laughed and said it was no big deal. Told me it just means everything is working like it's supposed to.

The guy I go to now, who is totally awesome and the best massage therapist I've ever been to, does use the draped towel, and I still get wood. It's obvious when I'm on my back, but he never says anything. Besides, he uses a lot more accupressure on me so that I'm so freakin relaxed by the end of the session I practically melt off the table. I'm seriously past the horny stage to the afterglow. That reminds me, I have to call and make an appointment ASAP!

FieldRatt9

Expert Member
Media
I got a massage last week and the guy asked me if I prefer a towel or nude massage. I asked for nude if he didn't mind. His next question was if I got erect during massages. I said sometimes. Well I did and he got nervous I guess because all of a sudden he started talking. Where I was from, places I've been...etc. Deep tissue always gets me erect so I was erect off and on for most of my "on my back" part of my massage. He ended my session with a warm oil rub down (a first). He did my back then asked me to roll over. When he got to my groin he said he would do my testicles but not my erection. I said ok. I WAS THROBBING LIKE CRAZY !!! My head has never been so purple !!! I go back next week but I'm not sure if I'll ask for him again. :rolleyes:

lasolasbud

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've had massages all over the world. Some use towels others don't and in some places; it's the law. No one ever asked me about erections. I hope he at least left the room after he was done so you could blow your load in private.

Reactions: william1

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
Thanks Divine1 for clearing up the term THERAPIST. It is true. We prefer massage therapist to masseur or masseuse. The latter do the nasty things. LOL

The school I went to offered massage to the public as a way for us to get our internship hours in. I actually stopped in today and one of the teacher's told me that one male student had an experience with a male client. Erections happen, and we learn that in school. No big deal, but I had to laugh at this story.

This poor boy was giving a guy a massage. The guy wasn't there ten minutes before he accidentally blew his load. Apparently a back massage was much too much for him and it just let loose.

Like I said, erections happen. The majority of massage therapists (if they aren't sexually repressed) will be fine with it and probably not acknowledge it. There may be some that will tell you to get off the table, right away (not a good way to handle it, but if precieved to be a sexual advance the therapist may legally do so). The certification board has strict rules about the behavior of therapists and a published list of offenders exists. Sure, there are some that slip by, but they are either not certified or rolling the dice and counting on not ever pissing off a client who can talk later and ruin their career.

rugbyscott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've gotten an erection while being massaged by a guy therapist a few times, and it had NOTHING to do with him or sex. I liken it to morning wood, just so relaxed, hormones moving... Draping was used in both cases, towel, and was in a sports massage legit situation. Both I and the therapist knew I was hard even with the towel. The first time I got hard on a table I sat up, apoligized to the guy, said, i don't know wtf is going on down there, but im sorry about that. He laughed, said, "lay down and relax, it's completely normal, non-sexual," and that he's as uninterested in that as i am in him. He really put me at ease, happened one other time, out of the blue. i ignored it, so did the male therapist. I'm much more UNCOMFORTABLE with a female therapist as i think they are more likely to view this as sexual or something of a come on. My experience has been that male therapists seem to understand, our sticks have minds of their own, and think with their own heads sometimes.