Mitt Romney

dukey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I knew it was a MESSED UP religion! Mark my words: America would sooner have a Catholic than a Mormon in the Oval Office. And it's doubtful America will ever have another Catholic president.

So the three words did John Kerry in at the Town Hall debates, "I'm a Catholic." It likely has nothing to do with the Skull and Bones but more to do with another fraternal order: the Freemasons.

Given Mormonism's chequered Masonic heritage, we won't be seeing a Mormon president either.

dukey

PS - Why do I even know this crap!? I'm too young, and I'm Canadian!

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I appreciate the post and information. I have been associated with Mormon people for about my entire life. I honestly want to know specifically what part of their beliefs you find "silly"? What outlandish beliefs do they have that you referred to?

I have a friend who has a history of doing all he could to discredit the religon. I don't recall his exact faith but it appears they spend all their time finding flaws in the Mormon faith. I actually ran into him about 2-months ago in California. We went to dinner together and he introduced the whole religon topic. I never do, as it just isn't a debate that is usually productive. To my total surprise, as we were leaving he told me that he'd been meeting with the Missionaries. I was soooo surprised. At first I thought he must just be meeting with them to give them a bad time. He then told me that as he studied the religion, thru his religion, he started to see some validity to the faith. It will be interesting to see the outcome for him. I'm not getting involved.

I"m not challenging your opinion as it sounds that you are educated. I would be interested in the specific jounals, letters, etc. that you mentioned that discredit J.S. and his teachings. You've got to remember, Joseph Smith was 14 when he obtained the origin of the Book of Mormon. It is beyond my belief that a 14 year old could write the contents of this book. Have you read the Book of Mormon? I suspect you have as it is basically a history book, just like the Bible.

The point about the genitalia is this; If you obstain from certain practices, (like smoking) I believe there is some evidence it has some effect on the penis. Not to scientific, but that was my point. Being a Mormon doesn't give you a larger penis, but living the lifestyle a true Mormon does could help. Again, nothing scientific but if you get the chance to visit the Smith Fieldhouse @ BYU, you may make an observation of your own.

My first post...it had to be done.

I was a resident of Salt Lake City for 25 years - a non-mormon resident. I think people should be informed before they pick apart something so passionate as religion. That said, I have studied the ins and outs of the Mormon "religion" during my years in SLC, and my continuing years as a history professor. I can honestly say that Mormonism is the single most outrageously silly organization I have ever studied. The things these folks believe would blow your mind. I mean people, there are documents – books, letters, journals – that reveal the origin of the grand hoax, as well as its reasons for coming into being. Joseph Smith was a con man, perhaps a brilliant entrepreneur, but a con man nonetheless. The religion was created (made up) less than 200 years ago. This isn’t subjective. This is history! Plain and simple - like writing a book. You don’t have to listen to me, look it up for yourself. I encourage people to study all religions. What this has to do with large genitalia is beyond me.

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's kind of funny I somehow want to defend the religion on a website that is devoted to the penis. But anyway;

Here's probably why I feel the way I do about the religion; I find nothing dangerous in their beliefs. I know people who really live the faith and they are happy, generous people. They are hard working and productive. I believe the State of Utah has one of the most educated population in the USA. The economy in Utah is strong and I do believe it is because of the hard work, education, and devotion the population has.

Again, I've been associated with people who are genuine in their beliefs and I've seen the great things it has brought to their lifes. I do believe there are a lot of huge misconceptions about what they believe and practice. I see it often when people know I lived in Utah for so long. Could Mitt become the candidate? I think he is a stron contender. Do I think he'd do a good job? Yes. I know many residents of Mass.... didn't approve of him as Govenor. I'm open-minded and don't know that much about the SPECIFIC things he did while there. Help me, what did he do that was so bad?

Oh, IF Mitt became President, would you then stay in Canada or what would your action be to make a statement? I'm just curious as I've heard others say "If ***** gets elected I'm moving to Canada." As you are already there, what would you do?

I knew it was a MESSED UP religion! Mark my words: America would sooner have a Catholic than a Mormon in the Oval Office. And it's doubtful America will ever have another Catholic president.

So the three words did John Kerry in at the Town Hall debates, "I'm a Catholic." It likely has nothing to do with the Skull and Bones but more to do with another fraternal order: the Freemasons.

Given Mormonism's chequered Masonic heritage, we won't be seeing a Mormon president either.

dukey

PS - Why do I even know this crap!? I'm too young, and I'm Canadian!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're good, no problem. I do think some take religion a little more serious than others. As you don't really practice one, I can see how you found some humor in the statement. It's funny, Mormons don't utilize the Crucifix as a symbol of the religion, but because I recognize the significane of the symbol, I was offended with Linda Blairs use of it. I'm all good with anyone masturbating but it just struck me funny. Understanding the movie I can see why it was done. So anyway, thanks for the post.

I didn't use any Linda Blair...it was Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. I don't do Satanic humor or humor about Muslims. Both religions are kinda alternative enough to put a hit out on me. I am funny crazy but I damn sure am not flatline crazy to make fun of any religion that its believers would take it upon themselves to put a hit out on a person who doesn't believe.

I don't have any problems with Mormons. I would have issues if I were Mormon. I love men waaaayyyyy too much to be a Mormon. I don't EVEN believe that there are men who aren't permitted to masturbate. THAT is sooo fucked. I would have to jerk it especially if I am not able to have to sex with a man or a woman.

THAT is when RELIGION gets TOO DANG serious.

giant1234

Experimental Member
Media
I must say my intentions are not to prove Mormonism wrong, nor attack any LDS followers that happen to frequent this site. Facts speak for themselves, and the facts are out there for anyone who wishes to educate himself or herself about the “religion”.

Like I said, there are hundreds of articles, books, and letters that are a fascinating look into the fraudulent history of Joseph Smith. I can say one thing for sure: the boy had an imagination. You would need one to make the claim that the MOON was inhabited by people about six feet tall, who dressed like Quakers and lived for about 1,000 years. Folks, I haven’t spoken with Buzz Aldrin, but I’m pretty sure that if I did, he would inform me that he saw no Quaker-dressed humanoids of any kind on the lunar surface – then he would probably express his concern for my mental health.

Beliefs are funny things. They often seem to defy basic logic, reasoning and fact. Again, I’m not here to change anyone’s mind. I have far better things to do with my time. I only urge people to educate themselves about things they do not understand or know much about. Knowledge is power.

B_Cocktale

Just Browsing
Media
That's OK...Mitt is NOT defendable......(a very disgruntled resident of massachusetts)

A good Saturday night at The A House and you'll be good as new.

Save me a slice as Spiritus. :cool:

Giant1234 said:
can honestly say that Mormonism is the single most outrageously silly organization I have ever studied.

Sell it!

No shit. Anyone who believes that Joseph Smith found golden tablets in the woods in Western New York State has a screw loose.

Mormonism is one of the INNUMERABLE "visionary" faiths which sprung up in the Jacksonian era. These people were ripe for the picking. What makes Mormonism odd is that it actually stuck.

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I seriously want to know the source of this information you are talking about. I'm not asking to be rude, I want to read it and determine if it's a credible source. You say there are 100's of sources of informations. WHERE? I'll also tell you that I thought I'd heard all the misconceptions about the religion but NEVER heard that one about the moon. Where did he write that? If you read one page of the Book or Mormon I'd still like to know how you can believe that was a fiction story written by a 14-year-old boy. The style of writing would be beyond most people, let alone a kid. You can also read about things in the Book of Mormon that seemed outlandish at the time but have since been proven scientifically. So tell me where you got the info about the aliens on the moon, and the 100's of other credible sources you use to discredit the belief. You want me to seek the truth of a religion? Give me a place to start.

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
No shit. Anyone who believes that Joseph Smith found golden tablets in the woods in Western New York State has a screw loose.
Joseph Smith did not claim to FIND golden tablets in the woods of Western New York State.

Mormonism is one of the INNUMERABLE "visionary" faiths which sprung up in the Jacksonian era. These people were ripe for the picking. What makes Mormonism odd is that it actually stuck.[/quote]
Seriously, I've asked and asked... what do people think is so bizarre about the Mormon faith? What practice or belief is so outlandish?

B_Cocktale

Just Browsing
Media
Sorry. My mistake. I think they were plates not tablets.

Hold on edit: Seems he did claim he found tablets.. see below.

What I find outlandish is that they actually believe that non-indigeonous people lived in North America prior to the arrival of Columbus. The oddities of this "faith" are too innumerable to mention.

Yes.. I found this. It's plates.

Pity the things got mislaid.

Here's part of what they contend:
"The Book of Mormon is the testimony of prophets not recorded in the Bible. One of the prophets, Lehi, was commanded by God to lead a group of followers to North America in 600 BC to found a civilization. God continued to call prophets among these ancient Americans. Their writings are transcribed on the golden tablets delivered by the angels and translated by Joseph Smith."

Sorry it just doesn't wash with me.

PBS did a wonderful series on The Mormons. It's unbiased. I made my own personal judgment call. I recommend it.

Golfbuddy

Expert Member
Media
I am not LDS (Mormon), but I sure know a bunch. Grew up with them, played sports with them, went to college and everything. Most of them really believe all the Joseph Smith stuff and get very, very defensive if you question any of it. They have been trained (brain washed) not to ever question the leaders. Of course it's hogwash, but then they do lead very high quality lifestyles, they're patriotic, educated, hard working and as a group are much to be admired. Their influence and impact on society far outweighs their numbers. Only Jews as a group seem to be so influential and important. Having said that...
1)their dicks come in all sizes like anyone else. Some of the smallest weenies I've seen are LDS, and some very good sized members, too.
2) they may not officially practice polygamy, but it is still a part of their teachings. It is still in the Doctrines & Covenents (section 132). Publicly they claim it is not acceptable, but as long as D & C 132 is there, their rantings ring hollow.
3) many LDS people are very attractive physically. Better nutrition or in-breeding? I don't know. But Some of the best looking men and women I know are LDS. I wasn't at all surprised to learn that Paul Walker is LDS. Of course, that nerd from Napolean Dynamite is too, so maybe it proves nothing.

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
k
Sorry. My mistake. I think they were plates not tablets.

Hold on edit: Seems he did claim he found tablets.. see below.

I didn't care about the difference between plates and tablets. My point was; He was directed to them, not a casual find. Again, have you read any of the book? Do you know any 14 year old that could of written that style? You are also aware there were others who witnessed the plates? They signed affidavites swearing they'd seen and held them. These same people continued to swear of there existence on their death beds even though they'd become hostile towards Joseph Smith.

What I find outlandish is that they actually believe that non-indigeonous people lived in North America prior to the arrival of Columbus. The oddities of this "faith" are too innumerable to mention.
Finally someone gave a specific point they find contrary to the validity of the faith. Thank-you. But.... if there are so many, to innumerable to mention, tell me a couple please. You may think my sole intent here is to defend the faith. I have a belief in it but I still welcome to opportunity to investigate it. I will tell you, my friend who was such a Mormon basher that is now seriously investigating it, told me that the key points he was taught 10 years ago to disprove the faith have now proven to actually be fact. That's the reason for his current interest.

Yes.. I found this. It's plates.

Pity the things got mislaid.

Here's part of what they contend:
"The Book of Mormon is the testimony of prophets not recorded in the Bible. One of the prophets, Lehi, was commanded by God to lead a group of followers to North America in 600 BCE to found a civilization. God continued to call prophets among these ancient Americans. Their writings are transcribed on the golden tablets delivered by the angels and translated by Joseph Smith."
So what's the source of that statement? Why do you think this is so impossible? You believe that no one inhabited the Americas prior to Columbus? I guess aside from the indians? Have you read their findings? Do they proven basis? I've heard they do.

Sorry it just doesn't wash with me.

B_Cocktale

Just Browsing
Media
Warrior Boy said:
So what's the source of that statement? Why do you think this is so impossible? You believe that no one inhabited the Americas prior to Columbus? I guess aside from the indians? Have you read their findings? Do they proven basis? I've heard they do.

I think it's impossible because I'm a realist.

Just a heads up for you; Indigenous American Peoples do no like to be called 'indians'. It's a European misnomer. They prefer Native American.

Find me a shred of evidence that people from other hemispheres/continents inhabited these shores prior to the introduction of Native Americans down from the Bering Strait and I'll entertain your Mormon premise.

To date you've done nothing but react to my pronouncement (like the other poster) of "hogwash" to Mormonism. But fear not. I feel mostly similarly about all organized faiths. You don't have a need to run to the defense of those who baptize the dead as Mormons so they can get to heaven. They're absurdity in doing so is proof enough of their odd behavior.:rolleyes:

The very idea.

These same people continued to swear of there existence on their death beds even though they'd become hostile towards Joseph Smith.

Of course they did. It's called "complicit behavior".

Their hostile behavior toward Smith was simply a vying for power. And how do you feel about The Mountain Meadows Massacre? To date not one Mormon has been able to explain that heinous event and why The Elders orchestrated it.

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

Cocktale is
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior Boy

I think it's impossible because I'm a realist. So as a realist you don't believe it unless you've actually seen it? I'm not sure what you meant by that statement. I've got to ask, do you have any belief in a God? Am I reading your writings looking for information and wasting my time because you don't even believe in God? I also asked about your source for that previous statement. Did you overlook that question or can you not provide a credible source?

Just a heads up for you; Indigenous American Peoples do no like to be called 'indians'. It's a European misnomer. They prefer Native American. You're probably correct. If any Native American contacts me and was offended, I'll apologize. I didn't worry to much about it as I've not viewed this forum as the most politically correct arena. I think earlier I ever read a post where they refered to the penis as a cock. Your need to correct me may be just a diversionary tactic to get away from the question I asked.

Find me a shred of evidence that people from other hemispheres/continents inhabited these shores prior to the introduction of Native Americans down from the Bering Strait and I'll entertain your Mormon premise. Evidence? It's all documented in the Book of Mormon I believe. I haven't really done much research to validate a statement, but I did hear there was recent DNA evidence showing this might be possible. I won't state that as "fact" as I haven't really researched it.

To date you've done nothing but react to my pronouncement (like the other poster) of "hogwash" to Mormonism. I am hoping you are not serious about that. I felt I'd done more than react. I have seriously been interested in trying to validate your statements for my own education. You ignore that request each time. But fear not. I feel mostly similarly about all organized faiths. Ah ha! I might of found the answer to the question above. Would it be safe to think you probably don't believe in prayer either? I don't know it's ever been proven but I know many, of various religions that would defend this practice as valid and effective. You don't have a need to run to the defense of those who baptize the dead as Mormons so they can get to heaven. O.K. so there's a specific example that I asked for. Many may view that as odd. Aren't their other faiths who practice similar rituals in honor of their past relatives? I thin maybe even the NATIVE AMERICANS do that. But again, you don't believe in God so any ritual would seem odd to you. They're absurdity in doing so is proof enough of their odd behavior.:rolleyes:

The very idea.

Quote:
These same people continued to swear of there existence on their death beds even though they'd become hostile towards Joseph Smith.

Of course they did. It's called "complicit behavior". You've got to help me with that one. As with all things, I attempted to do some research on that and I cannot find there is such a behavior.

Their hostile behavior toward Smith was simply a vying for power. Credible source please?

And how do you feel about The Mountain Meadows Massacre? To date not one Mormon has been able to explain that heinous event and why The Elders orchestrated it. I've heard of that. Mostly from my friend who was so anti-Mormon. I haven't researched it other than to know something bad happened. I'll study on it later or you can give me some factual information about it. If you do, please provide the source as much of what you've written seems to just be your opinion. I'm looking for something more than that.

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am not LDS (Mormon), but I sure know a bunch. Grew up with them, played sports with them, they don't cheat at golf do they? went to college and everything. Most of them really believe all the Joseph Smith stuff and get very, very defensive if you question any of it. They have been trained (brain washed) not to ever question the leaders I'd hope the people you are talking about are smarter than to just follow like sheep. Utahn's are educated people. I personally know some people who are incredibly intelligent. One in particular was raised by a Babtist Minister. She later converted to LDS faith. She accepts nothing without incredible research. Almost to the point of it being annoying. She also probably lives the faith better than anyone I've ever known. I think many become passionate about the faith as they see the good that happens when they live faithfully.. Of course it's hogwash, I keep hearing that term and I think with the exception of the Baptism for the Dead, I haven't heard any specifics that makes them so odd, but then they do lead very high quality lifestyles, they're patriotic, educated, hard working and as a group are much to be admired I agree, they really are the type you'd want to have as neighbors. Maybe even as a President LOL (couldn't resist that one). If you studied much about the religion you'd find they are an incredibly generous faith. They have social programs that are admired world wide. Most Governments could really learn something from their efficiency. Earlier someone mentioned the floods in New Orleans. I found it odd, as New Orleans could be considered an area that would be last to accept the teachings of the LDS faith. With a moments notice the LDS church provided massive assistence to the residents effected by this. They didn't offer only to those who were members, the offered vital food, clothing, shelter almost instantly to everyone. This was all done without repayment or even the expectation. It was ironic that even with this tremendous support, there was never an acknowlegment or a thanks from the political leaders of that area. Pretty sad. It may also be ironic that if a major event occured in the area that any of you live, most likely one of the first meals you ate, or the shelter your received would be at the hands of the evil Mormons. If that happens, please remember to say "Thanks". Their influence and impact on society far outweighs their numbers. Only Jews as a group seem to be so influential and important. Having said that...
1)their dicks come in all sizes like anyone else. Some of the smallest weenies I've seen are LDS, and some very good sized members, too. Agreed, I would bet, though it's not proven, that statistically they may average bigger because of the wholesome lifestyle. If you automatically got a bigger penis (not cock as I'm trying to be politically correct) when you were baptized into the Mormon faith, I'd be able to sell tickets to you guys for entrance.
2) they may not officially practice polygamy, but it is still a part of their teachings. It is still in the Doctrines & Covenents (section 132). Publicly they claim it is not acceptable, but as long as D & C 132 is there, their rantings ring hollow. They do not, do not, do not practice polygamy. A person wishing to do so will be excummunicated from the Church. It was a highly visible part of Mormonism but it had a very specific purpose. That purpose was NOT for the sexual aspect of it. It's easy to view it as a mass orgy but that was not the intent or purpose of it.
3) many LDS people are very attractive physically. Better nutrition or in-breeding? I don't know. But Some of the best looking men and women I know are LDS. Agreed. I have non-Mormon friends who constantly comment on how hot the Mormon women are. I think again it's because of the wholesome lifestyle they live if they are committed to their faith. I wasn't at all surprised to learn that Paul Walker is LDS. Of course, that nerd from Napolean Dynamite is too, so maybe it proves nothing. I believe there were paid professionals who made him look like that. I think I later saw a picture of him, as a normal person, and I would not have known it was him if someone hadn't pointed-it-out. Hell, I'm cute!

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
so how many inches over ten do you think he is? he's one of those people you want to do but you don't want anybody to know about it.