Mormon Guys

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
OK, thinking about it, I regret starting this thread.

I meant to start talking about some guys I know who are members of the LDS church who are totally into their faith but also seem wistful about what they may have missed. We ended up having some pretty raw critiques of the Mormon religion.

I, personally, am not comfortable criticizing someone else's religion. It may not be what I believe. No one's religion or faith is perfect. IMHO, only God is perfect, and the practice of religion has as much or more imperfection from man than perfection from God.

I apologize to any LDS church members for damage that I started by beginning this thread.

UtahCock

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Krispdx,

I dont think you could have known that some people would be so . . . toxic.

I am not Mormon anymore, but I have always been disappointed when I see people who feel the need to rip on Mormons (or any other group).

It seems to me, whether you believe in God or not (which I do), we must all strive to treat one another with love and compassion.

As a group, objectively, I would have to say the majority of Mormons are really good people. The best of them are really amazing people (just like the best Jews, best Muslims, best gays, best atheist heteros).

I must seriously question anyone who strives to be a destructive force in any regard. I hope those who have chosen to post critical posts will take a second look at their actions/motivations and strive to find a place where they can feel at peace and not feel the need to lash out in anger.

sweetsweats

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've never met anyone more fucked up than a mormon fag. my advice if you're mormon and want to be a fag: get away from mama.

You are right in your observation. I have a gay Mormon friend that needed to abandon his family in order to live a gay lifestyle. He seems unhappy most of the time. He is very effeminate and likes to dis others. I feel sorry for him. He has a good job, a beautiful boyfriend (yum) and yet he is forever scornful. He refuses to give up his deep rooted Mormon beliefs and lives in his own paradox. It would not suprise me if he choose to end his life.

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
OK, thinking about it, I regret starting this thread.

I meant to start talking about some guys I know who are members of the LDS church who are totally into their faith but also seem wistful about what they may have missed. We ended up having some pretty raw critiques of the Mormon religion.

I, personally, am not comfortable criticizing someone else's religion. It may not be what I believe. No one's religion or faith is perfect. IMHO, only God is perfect, and the practice of religion has as much or more imperfection from man than perfection from God.

I apologize to any LDS church members for damage that I started by beginning this thread.

A appreciate the apology. So sad to see the Mormon bashing on this forum. There are a lot of gay guys on this forum who have been on the receiving end of bigoted comments. How unfortunate that they are the same people to start bashing others who are different than themselves.

You can portray ~any~ religion as being "weird" if you choose to focus on the most odd parts. Just look at the Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation or shrine statues that "cry tears of blood". I'm not bashing Catholics here - just trying to provide examples for my point.

Mormons who marry young and have lots of kids are just reflecting the fact that the religion places a great emphasis on families. That may be different from your viewpoint, but who cares?

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a job many many years ago, and worked with a young man of 19, who was already on child number 5. ( there was a set of twins in there). Imagine being a 19 y/o man with five kids and a wife.

NorthernSchlong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that most LDS people have learned to ignore people who are just out to be hateful. I respect all religions, beliefs, etc.... and I expect people to do the same with me

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to be Mormon. I am no longer a member. I have to say however that the toxic statements by some of this post are both inaccurate, twisted and do not represent the beliefs of the Mormon Church. Yes some of their beliefs are different from other churches. But don't all churches have things that are difficult for people outside their religion to understand? For example, is their beliefs on proxy baptism any more difficult to understand then the Catholic Church and other Christian churches that say an innocent baby that dies if they are not baptized will go to hell? That doctrine kinda sucks for countries like China that have virtually no Christian baptism going on.

Are all gay Mormons screwed up? Of course not. Sure some are. And a church that is so family oriented makes it difficult for some to deal with their beliefs. Do some Mormons disown their gay children? Yeah sometimes they do. And what religion is there that some do not do the same thing. Few gays stay involved with any traditional churches. I have three very close friends. Two are former Catholics and one is a former Presbyterian. They have all left their churches as well because being gay does not fit into their beliefs. We often talk about the similarity of our religious background. To bash one church with so much bigotry and hatred is just the same as attacking someone because he is gay with the same vileness and misinformation. Neither one should occur.

Is everything perfect being gay and a former Mormon? No of course not. But I think my experience is pretty typical of my other gay friends that come from a family with strong religious beliefs. I hold no resentment from my former church. I feel loved by most of my Mormon friends and most accept that I am gay and do not try to isolate or condemn me.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You are right in your observation. I have a gay Mormon friend that needed to abandon his family in order to live a gay lifestyle. He seems unhappy most of the time. He is very effeminate and likes to dis others. I feel sorry for him. He has a good job, a beautiful boyfriend (yum) and yet he is forever scornful. He refuses to give up his deep rooted Mormon beliefs and lives in his own paradox. It would not suprise me if he choose to end his life.
That is so sad! :frown1: I hope he is able to make peace with himself and that he doesn't end his life.

...but the question remains, how hung are Mormon men?[/quote]
The same percentages as the rest of the world, I reckon.
:tongue: Tell the truth Pecker. Mormon men are statistically even bigger than black men. :wink:

Chupame

Just Browsing
Media
When you start wanking on others for their beliefs, you should ask yourself why you think you have a greater right to hold to your beliefs than they do to hold to theirs.

I think it's as simple as this. Mormons and many others believe in the bible and try to live its teachings, one of which is to not commit adultery "or anything like unto it." Christians will typically try to live as Christ lived, and it's pretty hard to imagine Jesus engaging in homosexuality or adultery. So, even if you think screwing anything with a pulse is just a "choice," you should understand that others choose not to, and they should not be condemned for it.

What I think is hopelessly lost in today's society is that we nearly always determine what is right or wrong based on our own frame of reference, and we forget that what is truly God's will is not based on popular culture.

If we're talking about Mormons here, I have enough contact with some of them to know this much: they believe God has said homosexuality, fornication, masturbation, adultery, etc. are wrong. A man and woman should "cleave unto another." You can't really fault someone for believing God's words, can you? That is, unless you think God is wrong.

But whether it's Mormons, Baptists, or Jews, the concept is the same. You can't expect any of them to be understanding of your values if you are not understanding of theirs. See, tolerance is a two-way street, and that is nearly always ignored.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well maybe the Christians who try to live like Christ should follow his example and have sex with no one and produce no offspring...

That way we can relatively quickly be rid of this particular brand of hypocrisy.

Seriously... what right do I have to relegate Mormonism and other religious beliefs to the realm of infantile fantasies akin to Santa Claus and leprechauns?

Um, Because they are delusions? Because there is no evidence? Because science shows prayer has no effect? Because no one has ever been "miraculously" cured of, say, a severed arm?
Or how about the fact that God, who purportedly created us in his own image, can not manage a decent likeness of his own son on a cheese sandwich?

Reason; science; evidence; proof.
These human endeavors make real miracles every single day...

Magical sky daddy who loves us... but created cancer...evil...atheletes foot....
Being given eternal gameboy life for obeying sky daddy, or sent to your room of eternal fire for disobeying....

That is childish nonsense. A child's morality of threats and bribes.

"When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things." I Corinthians 13:11

Beliefs created by a bronze age culture to make sense of a world they did not have the tools to understand are from the childhood of humanity.
Time to put them aside.

Chupame

Just Browsing
Media
Interesting comments, but again, every one of them is from your own frame of reference. Here's my point: belief in God or Jesus is just that - belief. It is based on faith and a desire to believe in something unseen. Sure, science can discount it all with the "lack of evidence" assertion, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

All I'm saying is that even if you are atheist, you still have a moral center, and it should direct you to having tolerance and compassion for others with differing values.

In relation to Mormons, for example, as struggling with "real life" in contrast to their upbringing, I certainly think anyone can experience that, not just religious people. And I think it will always be the case that someone who is raised in an environment that doesn't follow popular culture will at some point face the crossroad of staying with their upbringing or following a different path. It's called coming of age, and is part of becoming one's own person. That's real life, as I see it.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I suppose I'm the one with the longest posts about mormons and therefore considered a "mormon basher." It has been my personal experience that mormons are more prone to bash -- especially gays, lesbians, bisexuals and trans gendered. However, I'm surprised at the number of LPSG members who have sent me positive PM's.

This thread began with the question: mormon guys? Point of fact, all I have done is truthfully relate some of my experiences with mormon guys growing up as a non-mormon in a mormon family in a mormon community. And this has somehow become bashing mormons? Well, I've certainly had my share of sexual experiences with mormon men. My mormon boy scout leader used any excuse he could find to have a mutual wank and suck-a-thon with me. And my mormon track coach in 9th grade took a special interest in teaching me how to "top" him as he enjoyed being on the receiving end of anal intercourse. He also taught me a few other sexual specialties, too. Is that bashing mormons? I never complained about these encounters because I was inclined to enjoy them. I've never felt violated by these men.

When I was 8 years-old I was supposedly given the choice to be baptized into that particular belief system and "told" that I knew what the right choice was because at 8 years-old I could discern right from wrong. I "chose" not to be baptized. It just didn't feel like the right thing to do. It was basically that one simple choice of an innocent 8 year-old that caused a great number of difficulties in my life until I escaped that particular culture.

All of my postings have been truthful. I haven't made anything up. And as I have previously posted I, too, used to think that it was wrong to criticize anyone's religious or personal belief system. In large part I still believe that unless it leads to serious mental/physical harm, injury or death. Just to put things in clearer perspective I am the one that was and is still on the receiving end of so much hate and intolerance from mormons regarding what I believe. My squeeze’s 76-year old devout Catholic Italian mother adores me. His sister has become a close business associate and best friend. The daughters of the disenfranchised Japanese/American the family who lived on the farm next to my family’s farm are closer to me than any blood relative. Although major capitalists, they are still devout Buddhists. My first lover’s family (mother, father, brothers, sister) and his wife of 25 years (yup, I turned him straight and he eventually married LOL!) all insist I stay with them whenever I’m in Boston or New York. They are Reformed Jews and treat me like a son. So, at t 57 years-old, I’m simply tired of being politically correct and going along with the idea that “Well, what happened to you could have happened to anyone in any religion.” What I have experienced did not happen in any other religion. My experiences are from direct contact with mormons and living in a mormon community. Although, I’m certain there are some off-the-wall Baptists who would also like to spew hate and venom at me, those Baptists I do know treat me as an equal. But I’m certain that depends up the flavor of Baptist.

What I find personally and most objectionable about mormons, if that means I'm bashing them, is the arrogance of mormon theology and those who profess that arrogance is not so deeply embedded in that faith. From Kindergarten through 9th grade every teacher I had in public school was a graduate of Brigham Young University. All of my male instructors were RTM's (return mormon missionaries) with rather sketchy academic records in "education." Having overcome the poor education I received in Ewetaw public schools, I can honestly say it did not prepare me for anything. I’d give my mormon educators a D. Any individual thought was questioned and discouraged. At least I learned to read, but not much else.

I never sought out, or purposely made fun of, or picked fights with my classmates. But if you were not a mormon, you automatically were picked upon by those who were mormon and supposedly knew better. I was not alone. The few Jehovah Witnesses in my community might as well have been painted red and hung as communists because their religion taught that saluting the flag was the same as worshiping a pagan idol. Granted, it was a different time (50's through 60's) and I grew up in a small town. But I was kicked out of high school (in those days 9th grade was the first year of high school) because I was gay bashed. One day after the lunch hour a crowd of mormon teenagers waited for me outside of the school library and beat me senseless. All of those teenagers came from mormon families. Instead of receiving help and support from the school administrators, I was kicked out for being gay. The teens who beat me into a mess of blood and broken teeth were gently reprimanded and allowed to remain in school. You’re probably speculating that I must have done something wrong. I somehow sparked the incident and brought it upon myself. Wrong. I didn’t’pick the fight. They jumped me. Why? Well, I supposed I was somewhat effeminate. But the truth is I was gay bashed by mormon teens because that’s how they were taught to treat people who were different. Sure, I had a hard time dealing with such harsh social rejection. But another part of the equation is that I had and still have an unusually large penis. I was always the object of cruel jokes and ridicule by the mormon kids. Some might argue that I was just picked on because I was just a dumb farm boy with an unusually large dick. That argument is still used by others just to make themselves feel better.

My family (with the exception of my father) completely rejected me. All aunts, uncles, and cousins refused to talk to me, until my parents eventually passed away and to the chagrin of everyone, they discovered I was named executor of my father’s Living Trust. Even then, though substantial amounts of money were involved, they talked to me begrudgingly. Yes, they hated me, the sinner, but they didn’t hate me enough when it came time to sell off some parcels of land that included their names on the titles. I dealt with everyone fairly and generated a substantial amount of wealth for those members of my family. But once they got their money, I was immediately put back on the “Do not bother to call” list. Remember, this is a “religion” that places great emphasis upon the family as the key to an eternal life.

I am still rejected by my brother and his children, although I've never done anything to cause them harm nor have I criticized them. I'm certain there are others who grew up in other religions who can claim having suffered similar incidences of discrimination. But mine were all with mormons. Not Jews, Catholics, or run-of-the-mill Protestants. Is my perspective slanted? I'm certain it is. But that still does not negate the truth and validity of my experiences and the things I have posted about mormons.

I don't hate mormons. I do, however, have a great sense of sadness and compassion for gay men and women who have come out and been told they are not whole people and cannot fully participate in the religion/belief system in which they were raised. That’s exactly how mormons treat gays. I have the same compassion for those who claim to be Christians and obviously pick and choose what parts of their bible supports their addled reasoning to discriminate and even murder gays because "It says so in the bible."

Sorry folks, but under the guise of some sort of religious superiority the old "hate the sin, but love the sinner" rhetoric is just that: rhetoric. But it’s not empty rhetoric. It seems most folks on this thread have forgotten Mathew Shepherd, a young gay student beaten senseless in Casper, Wyoming (by men raised as mormons) and left to die hanging on a barbed-wire fence 10 years ago?

Of course, mormons have not cornered a monopoly of gay bashing. But they have done nothing to prevent it. Does that mean I’m bashing mormons? No. I’m simply stating the truth. Quite often stating the truth is seen by mormons as “anti-mormon rhetoric” or mormon bashing. However, I fail to understand how being truthful is equal to “bashing.” Maybe some more enlightened members of LPSG can put this in perspective for me so I can understand.

For those of you who think I’m a terrible person for writing Ewetaw instead of Utah, let it be known unto thee that part of my families holdings included ranging sheep. For years I had personalized license plates on my truck that spelled EWETAW. Then one day the Ewetaw Department of Motor Vehicles told me my license plates were revoked and they issued me a set with a regular letter/number mix. Their reason? They felt I was denigrating the good name of the Beehive State. Oy! Go figure.

So, for those who think all I’ve done is bash mormons, think again. I’ve simply stated bits and pieces of their theology and pointed to a few examples of real hypocrisy. I haven’t intentionally thrown “venomous hate” or unrealistically criticized their odd belief system.

You all know my opinion. Discuss among yourselves.

Insanedragon

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was a child we moved around a lot, but around the time I started school we moved to S.E. Idaho where most every one is Mormon. My family was not, and so were treated as outcasts by the Mormon families. I had some friends early in school, but after a few years their parent realized I was not one of them. I was no longer invited to birthday parties or anything else. I think my parent realized the same thing, so they joined the cult.( I will never consider it anything else) I wasn't ask by my parents, but I thought it would be cool, because then I would fit in. Nothing really changed I was still an out sider and nothing would change that. Some of the Mormons were the nicest people I new and some were the biggest lairs cheats and thieves I've ever had the miss pleasure of encountering. I've studied all there works and literature and I could not believe anyone would believe such obvious bullshit. And I've lived enough different places and I around all types of people and I think they are some of the most fucked up people except for Muslims. And Yes a lot of them are closet fags and perverts, Sorry I don't mean to offend any gay people or any one else, but as far as the LDS religion is concerned I wish Joseph Smiths mother would have hit him in the head with a hammer when he was born!!!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:tongue: Tell the truth Pecker. Mormon men are statistically even bigger than black men. :wink:

Shit, NJQT--your cock would be bigger than black men's cocks, if you weren't allowed to masturbate or have any sexual outlet.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For example, is their beliefs on proxy baptism any more difficult to understand then the Catholic Church and other Christian churches that say an innocent baby that dies if they are not baptized will go to hell?

That's not true. Innocent children do not get sent to hell. Baptism in the Christian religion is a ceremony done in obedience to Christ and it has nothing to do with your accepting of Christ as your savior. I've never been taught that once in life and I grew up in a Baptist church and went to a Baptist Christian school for a great deal of my life.