Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Most Informative Thread.....

I Have Family Members (women) Who Have Married Into The Lds Church (one Even Married A Man Who Would Soon Become A Bishop) And Those Of Us Who Will Not Accept Conversion, Have All Been Written Off And Ignored.

The Family Connections Have Become Less And Less Over The Years, With Parent And Child Ties Having Pretty Much Been Completely Severed. These Family Connections Severed By Decree Of The Morman Husbands And Their Morman Families And Leaders.

And They Call Themselves "christian?" Very Sad!

however, We Were Told That We Should Rejoice!
All Of Our Dead Family Members And Ancestors (going Back For
Many Hundereds Of Years, Or As Far Back As Each Family Line Can Be Traced) Have Been saved From Damnation. This Was Done By Having Them "re-baptised" Into The Lds Faith, Thereby Making Them All Mormons!. We Were Told That We (the Living) Had No Say In The Matter.

Since I Believe In One (and Only One) Baptism According To My Christian Creed, I Am Comfortable In Believing That The "first" Baptism Was The One That "took," With The Later "baptism" As
Being Of No Consequence Or Effect.

I Am Sure There Are Always Exceptions, But Of All Those That I Have Met, I Have Found Them To Be Wholesome, Clean Cut,
Handsome, Extremely Pleasant And Respectful On The Outside.
....unless The Subject Of Religion Is Brought Up....and That Is Impossible To Prevent When You Are With Them.

I Have Found That This Wonderful Outside Hides A Very Different Inside....where There Is A Darkness, Full Of Many
Secrets About The Faith That They Are Forbidden To Reveal.

Just Try To Get Permission To Enter One Of Their Temples And See How Far You Get. non Morman Members Of Our Family (parents Or Syblings Of The Brides) Were Not Even Allowed To Attend Their Child's Wedding Services. They Were Only Allowed To Attend The Reception Afterwards. When I Mentioned The Morman Tabanacle Choir And That Building It Performs In, I Was Told It Was Not A Church Or Temple....so Was Nothing Like The Inside Of A Morman Place Of Worship. I Was Told That If I Wanted To See Inside, I Must Convert First.

I Have Discovered That There Is A Lot Of Hate For All That Is Not Of "their" Belief. Once They Get Started On Their Speil, No Matter What You Say Is Correct Or Acceptable To Them, And It
Is Difficult To Get Them To Change The Subject. More Than Once I Have Just Had To Be Rude And Leave The Room Or Area To Get Away From Their Preaching.

Yes, It Is Really Sad!

BlackIsKingSize

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
however, We Were Told That We Should Rejoice!
All Of Our Dead Family Members And Ancestors (going Back For
Many Hundereds Of Years, Or As Far Back As Each Family Line Can Be Traced) Have Been saved From Damnation. This Was Done By Having Them "re-baptised" Into The Lds Faith, Thereby Making Them All Mormons!. We Were Told That We (the Living) Had No Say In The Matter.
Wha?? That directly contradicts everything I think I understand about the concept of baptism. 1) How can somebody be saved in any form after they're dead? Haven't they already been judged by now? 2) How could somebody be baptised by proxy? Do they just assume the dead person repents everything the Mormon faith calls a sin (including whichever faith they chose in life) since they can't argue? That's just nutty, seriously.

Reactions: geode

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wha?? That directly contradicts everything I think I understand about the concept of baptism. 1) How can somebody be saved in any form after they're dead? Haven't they already been judged by now? 2) How could somebody be baptised by proxy? Do they just assume the dead person repents everything the Mormon faith calls a sin (including whichever faith they chose in life) since they can't argue? That's just nutty, seriously.

EXACTLY my point........

LeChuck...you've hit the nail right on the head...!!

But, no matter our belief, I have been told numerous times that I what I believe is wrong....with so called quotes to back it all up..:confused:
No matter the question, there is always an answer...with back-ups...!!

I've long ago given up! I do hate that I am no longer able to speak, correspond with, or be with some of my family members, but I seem to have no choice since they, themselves, are allowing it.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I would personally never criticize or critique someone else's religious beliefs. I got my own "crazy" beliefs ... did not mean for this to become a place to offer arguments against someone's faith. I'm a Christian and I believe that this young Jewish carpenter guy in the armpit of the Roman empire 2000 years ago turned out to be channeling the Big Guy in the sky like no one else ever had, and that makes zero sense at all.

Reactions: Burghf_er

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
krispdx, I encourage you to be as Christian as you want to be. But despite what you believe, mormons will make certain that your name is submitted and you will be baptized by proxy into their religion after your death -- if you haven't converted to their faith before then.

So, put yourself in the place of so many holocaust survivors who discovered, to their astonishment and horror, that the names of their family members who did not survive that dark part of human history, were being baptized into mormonism by proxy -- without any consultation with the family survivors. The reasoning of the mormons was and is "They would have the chance to accept the one and only true gospel as their souls waited to get into heaven." Jewish organizations formally challenged this peculiar habit of mormons. And the leaders of the mormonism formally apologized in public and retracted the practice -- only to continue it again several years later. It's an insult to the dignity of anyone whose beliefs are not that of the mormons.

Yeah, lots of people believe in lots of strange things. Some of them even believe Bush is a great president. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.) But one things mormons do not have, even though they say they do, is respect for other people's belief systems. They are a very arrogant, smug, and scary bunch. You will also be hard to find a neighbor quite as nosy. Your private life is their business.

As one poster noted above, mormons are big on the idea of the family as being the centerpiece of the human condition -- so much so that they seem to have co-opted the idea of the family, defined what is and what isn't a family for the rest of us, and we're just out of luck if we don't accept their goose-stepping religious programming. Ironically, as the poster noted, because other members of his or her family didn't rush to convert to mormonism, eventually their family ties were severed. This is quite common. Although you'll never get a mormon to admit that any of this is their fault.

There was a time when I also would never criticize another person's beliefs, having been taught that freedom of religion was something to be respected. I still do, with the exception of mormons. An old lover of mine is currently a reverend in The Church of Religious Science. I would always tease him by insisting it should be called The Church of the Perky Attitude. The members of his congregation are so damn happy all of the time you just want to slap them up the side of the head once in a while. But unlike mormons, they do not presume their beliefs and religious practices are superior to those of other churches. The same can not be said about mormons.

D_Trimbley Trousersprout

Experimental Member
Media
What is it about Mormon guys?

I have several friends and co-workers who are Mormons, and all of them got started very young on getting married and raising a family.

This one guy I work is in his mid-20s, has kids already, and stares at my crotch more than anyone I know. I kind of feel bad for the guy.

So all the Mormon guys I know seem very committed to their families, but ... they also seem wistful over the life they may have missed by settling down when they were so young. Yes, this is a generalization about a pretty major religion ... but has anyone else noticed this?

When did Mormons become a major religion? It's not like there are lots of them outside the US.

Media
I knew a guy that was Mormon and very curious but just as things started to take off, he was going off to some foreign county somewhere and live in squaller for Jesus.

He was very attractive and very nice, I just hope he was able to get some native booty before being tied to wife and family and those kinds of obligations.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I lived in AZ for 15 years and went to school with Mormon students. There were a few that I had the hots for, but I knew not to pursue it. There is a young guy who works with us who is Mormon. He has a strong work ethic and does a great job. Fortunately, he's a dough boy and I have no attraction to him.

It seems like Mormon guys always keep their goods wrapped up tightly. I've yet to see one that freeballs, wears boxers, or displays a VPL.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I lived in AZ for 15 years and went to school with Mormon students. There were a few that I had the hots for, but I knew not to pursue it. There is a young guy who works with us who is Mormon. He has a strong work ethic and does a great job. Fortunately, he's a dough boy and I have no attraction to him.

It seems like Mormon guys always keep their goods wrapped up tightly. I've yet to see one that freeballs, wears boxers, or displays a VPL.

From what I have heard they have to wear special undergarments.

Temple garment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't see any problem with their beliefs about retroactive baptism, co-opting other souls into their faith... or any of it.

What difference does one additional brand of malarky make?

The only difference between the lunacy the Mormons believe and the lunacy any other christian believes is that it sounds like lunacy because you were an adult when you heard it.

Trust me-- if you never had any indoctrination with the whole Jesus thing... THAT story would sound pretty ludicrous, too.
Just stuff made up and sold to folks who are afraid of death.

Oddly, though... while I can clearly see that their belief systems are on a par with Daffy Duck... I have to say that I know a few Mormons who I admire very much...

While I find religious beliefs silly... I am aware that to LIVE one's faith is one of the hardest things to do.

To pay more than lip service to something you claim to believe in.... that's a rare thing.

So, even though I can hate the belief in Sin... I can love the person who imagines they are a sinner.

If they DO something about it.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Religion gives us the chance to spiritually grow as people and spirits, or to fall back in prejudice and let others do our thinking for us.

I don't think it's so much about the religion as it is about us and our actions. You can find the good and the silliness in almost any organized religion. Even mine.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have just a few close friends in my life. One of them is Mormon. I think he is the most honest and dear person I have ever met. Now, I know he is not the norm...but I am proud of who he is and equally proud of our friendship that is now 10 years old. I hope it is people like him that change things for the better within their faith. He does try to explain his beliefs...when I ask. We really do share many of the same values. I hope some day they will, as a group, be more tolerant. I would say, anymore, this group is no more hateful than all the other religous groups out there. And in all these groups there are those that understand gay people becasue they have gay people in theor families, work, etc...though in the minority. Many religions have trouble not changing with the times. Frustrating still on many levels. What can I say, he is my buddy and I love him dearly.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One of my good friends is mormon as well. He invited me to play basketball at church. did they try to recruit me? Yes, but i kind of knew that coming in. They knew that i was gay, and still tried, but it was fine for me. i didnt mind, i never felt offended, and i always feel welcome there.