Mormon Guys

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
.... I forgot to tell you, I'm a Mormon (and no, that is not an offensive term to members) and I'm a really nice, caring, sincere guy. The Golden Rule is sooooo important.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I stated previously, I was raised Catholic. We too were told that masturbation was a sin and that it was wrong. We all did it anyway. The LDS church doesn't have a monopoly on this teaching. It is widespread throughout Christianity and the Islamic faiths. If they want to jack off, they'll jack off.

I certainly hope so. :wank:

As for your belief that the Elders and Sister missionaries don't get to call home for two years, it is wrong. They are allowed to call home on Mother's Day and Christmas.

Oh. How generous. :rolleyes:

Your "Russian prison" comment is so ludicrous it is not worth addressing.

Actually, it was supposed to be ludicrous--it was a hypothetical. :rolleyes:

Lastly, no one forces the men and women who serve missions to go. It is a choice they make.

Okay.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I stated previously, I was raised Catholic. We too were told that masturbation was a sin and that it was wrong. We all did it anyway. The LDS church doesn't have a monopoly on this teaching. It is widespread throughout Christianity and the Islamic faiths. If they want to jack off, they'll jack off.

I certainly hope so. :wank:

As for your belief that the Elders and Sister missionaries don't get to call home for two years, it is wrong. They are allowed to call home on Mother's Day and Christmas.

Oh. How generous. :rolleyes:

Your "Russian prison" comment is so ludicrous it is not worth addressing.

Actually, it was supposed to be ludicrous--it was a hypothetical. :rolleyes:

Lastly, no one forces the men and women who serve missions to go. It is a choice they make.

Okay.

Again...I must also add that I don't hate any Mormon. Some of my best sex mantasies involve Mormons. And no harm done by me to any real Mormons in real life. :smile:

abbaking

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
perhaps all those mormon kids who go door-to-door evangelizing Jesus are suffering from under-stimulation. The mormon faith discourages masturbation, coffee, tea, meat, and make-up.

I was a Seventh-Day Adventist during my childhood and the belief systems are similar to Mormons : No Meat, No Coffee, No Soda, No Caffiene, No Alcohol, No Jewelery. With all these restrictions, curiousity takes over and you will stare at you classmates crotch in gym class a few seconds longer than is normal or you will check a glance over at a public urinal for a few seconds longer than is appropriate

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was friends with a mormon guy in high school with that came attention of the good mormon girls. One heard from a couple others that I had a large penis and became kind of obsessed. Don't get me wrong it was great attention and she was beautiful, but she couldn't say cock, penis, dink, dong or dick. Shed giggle and make jokes about, "it" "thing" "stick" and various other child like names. Finally two of her friends(not) mormon convinced her to ask to see it. She couldn't stop giggling and ask to go to the women's washroom in class. I pulled it out knowing it wasn't going to get me anything, but she had a big mouth so I knew that couldn't be a bad thing with her friends. She practically yelled holly camolli! I burst out laughing and was like camolli? and she was like well I'm not going to say jesus or god's name in vane which made sense but was really childish. She kept her hands over her mouth and did this pretty much everytime she saw me after that. Shed always turn bright red and couldn't really look me in the eye. By the next year she avoided all contact I guess she felt guilty but what ever, it was her choice and it's not like I made her do it. Plus watching her gesture to her friends about its size and laugh was priceless heheh I'm probably going to hell...

walla99

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well I'm late adding to this but my boyfriend is a converted Morman. (He was originally from South America and raised Catholic.) I was also raised Catholic but am not particularly religious. I think he was more into his Morman religion when he converted as a young man and has mellowed out a bit since then...

We discuss religion from time to time and I don't really find him that different from anyone else I've dated. He did marry and have children young but that is simply because his girlfriend got pregnant - he thought he'd be in his late 20's before that happened. We have pre-marital sex although he has said he believes it is wrong and does it anyway. Whereas my religion teaches premarital sex is wrong, I don't personally believe it is wrong. If it was wrong, I shouldn't do it. He masturbates too, but he does not drink alcohol which is hard for me to understand...again though this is more related to his personal beliefs than his religion. I also have had sexual experiences with other women and he knows about that. Not too happy about it, but not condemning either. He is very open-minded. So basically, he masturbates, has sex outside of marriage, and got divorced even though technically those are things he's not supposed to do.

Like someone else said, many religions teach these things are wrong but most do them anyway. I am curious though if things were to get more serious if he would expect me to convert...I'm unlikely to switch from one constricting religion to another. I'd rather find a religion that fits my beliefs better or just go along in life with my agnostic views of believing in a higher power but not really having any set views on what I believe.

(Funny he actually used to wear the special Morman undergarments and I found out about them from this website and asked him about them. He doesn't anymore...I can just imagine when I ripped his clothes off to find special underwear what I would have thought! And yes he's well hung and we have a great sex life!)

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just so people are not confused, Mormons do not restrict meat, soda, make up or jewelery

true, but misleading..
they strongly advise against ANY substance that significantly alters mental functioning.

To that point, not "soda" but rather caffeine is frowned upon.

And Its not "forbidden" but strongly discouraged...

thus, an observant Mormon will generally accept a coke, if its the only thing you have to offer... but given a choice would pick root beer cause it has no caffeine.

I have known mormons who take this so seriously that they won't even eat chocolate.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
true, but misleading..
they strongly advise against ANY substance that significantly alters mental functioning.

To that point, not "soda" but rather caffeine is frowned upon.

And Its not "forbidden" but strongly discouraged...

thus, an observant Mormon will generally accept a coke, if its the only thing you have to offer... but given a choice would pick root beer cause it has no caffeine.

I have known mormons who take this so seriously that they won't even eat chocolate.

Oh, my heck!!!! LMFAO squared!

Sorry Phil, but I still have such keen memories of living among the brethren and the sisteren that the "an observant mormon will generally accept a coke, if its [sic] the only thing you have to offer . . ." part of your post made milk come out of my nose!

I worked for a company owned, operated, and directly run by a bunch of sweet spirits for five years. This was during a time I had returned to Zion in order to care for my dying mother and ailing father. I was the only non-mormon among 100 employees. Before quitting after working there for five years, the president of the company told me that he had assumed I was just a jack mormon when he initially interviewed and finally hired me (I'll let you explain the jack mormon concept to LPSG-ers) and that his influence and guidance would bring me back into the fold.

The majority of my coworkers were pleasant enough, except for the overzealous RTM's the head of sales was fond of recruiting. And even they calmed down after a while once they got married and laid. But one thing that was quite amusing about this group was their consumption of Diet Coke. Not regular Coke. Not Coke without caffeine. But Diet Coke with . . . . hush . . . caffeine. There were a few real jack mormons hidden way back in the production area of building who had a coffee pot which was tolerated. However, in the company kitchen there were four refrigerators: one contained perishables such as lunches brought from home by many of the employees. The other three refrigerators we stocked deep and tall with Diet Coke, except for a small section where a few of the most devout squirreled away a 7-Up, a few regular Coca Colas and maybe a Squirt or a root beer (which, unless specifically stated on the can, contains caffeine BTW LOL! If you want a good root beer caffeine fix, try Bargs). Once in a while, a real beer would find it's way at the very back of that particular refrigerator.

But back to my favorite moment. The majority of the employees lived in Bountiful, Ewetaw, and would take 2-15 to get to work, which was almost in West Valley City. As Ewetaw continued to blossom like a rose 2-15 became so bumper-to-bumper that the sweet spirits had to leave earlier and earlier every morning to arrive at work on time. One of my favorite sweet spirits was "Mean Jean the Payroll Queen with the big black shiny adding machine." She was the CEO's sister-in-law, former Relief Society President of her ward-I'm-worried-about-the-Beaver, but since becoming full-time career woman had reduced her calling to just teaching a Sunday School class each week. She would practice delivering her lessons on the other women in the administration division during lunch hour as they all sipped on their Diet Cokes. She was also the one who oversaw that plenty of junk food (mountains of it) was kept in stock and the three refrigerators were always loaded. She also maintained a very pleasant and kind demeanor, even during some of the roughest patches of the company's early days. I liked her, despite the fact her book keeping skills were so bad that there was always something wrong with the payroll checks.

One day she arrived late to work. For some reason all four refrigerators were empty. There were cases of Diet Coke stacked next to them, but they were warm. Mean Jean (who was always anything but mean) completely lost it and began screaming at her staff. She became major unglued. It was a magic moment for everyone. The receptionist and a billing secretary rushed out of the building on an emergency errand just to hit a Seven/Eleven and buy a couple of cases of COLD Diet Coke. Apparently, sweet spirits don't drink Diet Coke with ice cubes. They prefer to mainline it straight from a freezing cold can.

By the way, those refrigerators were empty because the night and early morning shifts of the sales department (all men) had drank everything. The idea of restocking the refrigerators was "women's work." I'm quite serious.

So, out of slightly over 100 mormon employees there was at lest one steak (medium rare) president, three bishops, a bevy or shiny elders fresh from their missions, and a passle of middle-age devout Relief Society regulars who never displayed any sense of irony that although coffee was bad, Diet Coke was just "fudging" a little when it came to their hallow Words of Wisdom. The only wisdom I observed that particular morning was that Mean Jean wasn't packing a gun. She was in major need of a caffeine fix, but rather than keep Coke at home, she felt she was within the moral safety zone of just drinking Diet Coke at work -- sometimes eight or nine of them.

I found these mormon co-workers to be the norm. All of my relatives, devout mormons to the last one, generally suck down one or two Diet Cokes after eating breakfast and dashing off to work or just to jump start their day. :tongue:

As my father always commented, "Yup, it's the do as I say not as I do club."

Gerald418

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was a pretty religious Jew growing up, and I still attend some services today. My family and my temple had no problem at all with me coming out. Maybe it was because I lived in Boston at the time...

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I was a pretty religious Jew growing up, and I still attend some services today. My family and my temple had no problem at all with me coming out. Maybe it was because I lived in Boston at the time...

I presume you and your family were not Orthodox. My first long-term lover (four years) was/is a "nice Jewish boy" from Mount Kisco whose parents took me in as if I was their own son. That was back in the early 1970's, he eventually married (I turned him straight) and his sons have both stayed with me for months at a time, using my piso in Barcelona as home base for staging havoc all over Europe. Whenever I'm in Boston or New York, his parents (still living and thriving in their late 80's) and his brother and sister insist I stay with them.

Oh, yeah, and they all still keep kosher households.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
midlifebear, I have no idea why you felt the need to write a long winded uninteresting post about Mormons drinking diet coke. It is not against their religion. Some Mormons have decided that for them they do not want to have caffeine, but it is strictly their personal choice and has nothing to do with Mormon beliefs. THERE IS NO SIN IN DRINKING ANY SODA INCLUDING DIET COKE AND BARQ ROOT BEER. Most of the time Coke was one of the soft drinks offered at Mormon church sponsored parties picnics etc. No one cares in the Mormon church if you drink Coke and it is a mystery to me why you care so much. Like you secretly caught them doing something evil and have to expose them. Is all you are exposing is your ignorance.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh, my heck!!!! LMFAO squared!

Sorry Phil, but I still have such keen memories of living among the brethren and the sisteren that the "an observant mormon will generally accept a coke, if its [sic] the only thing you have to offer . . ." part of your post made milk come out of my nose!

As my father always commented, "Yup, it's the do as I say not as I do club."

Well... all I am stating is the church's POLICY toward caffeine... as quoted to me by a guy pretty devoted and high up... its not forbidden... just frowned upon.

(ETA- the original admonition was for COFFEE. So coke is not specifically mentioned... but lots of church members and higher up see the REASON for coffee to be avoided is the caffeine content...

But, because it says coffee and not specifically coke... I am sure lots of mormons feel they can 'get away' with coke.)

I know a few mormons who are quite serious about living their faith to the letter....

And I know a few who whore and binge drink when in Asia like true pagans... and then put on a mask of propriety at home.

And I know some who are pretty lackadaisical about the rules. too.

Overall I expect Mormon fidelity to doctrine to parallel Catholic fidelity to doctrine.

As far as I can tell, NO religion has the slightest effect on a person's character.