Mr average

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like it, but it doesn't take into account that being statistically average doesn't necessarily mean you are "average" when it comes to what women deal with. Let's face it, women are much more likely to have sex with a guy who has a big dick than one with a small dick for a whole multitude of reasons. So whatever statistically average is for penis size, that same number is probably below the average size for what women deal with.

sandiasky9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ktf40 - dead on dude!
I went through web-site and found it to be a great site for basic information. Yet, no where does it deal with insecurity issues.
Sidebar: I found this really helpful if for no other reason than it gave me confirmation that I am not the only one - average to average plus guys more sensitive about their size than micros. Apparently, small guys have a fact to deal with and given that real fact they do make some steps.
I have yet to find anything to help a guy that is 6 by 5.5 deal with insecurities. All get is "hey, size isn't everything". Duh, I get that but it is NOT zero either ha ha.
Or get the "majority of women don't put size in top five desirable traits for a lover." Another duh, but what about a booty call? What about the initial reaction to Mr. Big?
You know, you constantly hear things about the benefits of size for those with it yet when try to get real feedback on how to get past insecurity thoughts that creep up now and again when in a situation where you followed Mr. Big there is nothing... oh, there is the "she is with you so there must have been something...", not the case given he broke it off, so there! Ha, ha.
Yes, women wonderfully complex and forgiving. I actually believe that if a woman is in love then the perfect penis is the one her lover has regardless. But,....

moccasin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I like Mr. Average, seems to be a pretty objective site. On KTF's point, from a population standpoint the average woman has to deal with average man no matter what she may really want.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
I have yet to find anything to help a guy that is 6 by 5.5 deal with insecurities. All get is "hey, size isn't everything".
Look at the charts. If those are your stats, then Your girth puts you solidly in big dick territory.

I like it, but it doesn't take into account that being statistically average doesn't necessarily mean you are "average" when it comes to what women deal with. Let's face it, women are much more likely to have sex with a guy who has a big dick than one with a small dick for a whole multitude of reasons. So whatever statistically average is for penis size, that same number is probably below the average size for what women deal with.
On the other hand - think about this. A fair number of sex therapists etc think the average size reported in studies is TOO LARGE. These studies have a self-selection bias. In other words, guys who think they are "small" are less likely to want to have their dicks measured. On the otherhand guys who thing they are big are quite happy to wave their dicks around in a scientific study. So I have seen some sex researches say the "average" reported may be an inch or so too big compared to what is actually out there in real penis land.

(that being said, I think the Lifestyle/Ansel study mr.average is citing is one of the most scientific studies out there.)

Last edited:

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media

I really think you need to re-consider this, unless of course, you have some empirical data that completely overturns the law of averages.

Sure it's nice to think us women are more likely to sleep with big men, or that "big" guys have something working to their advantage when playing the field, but even if that were the case, you still cannot usurp probability.

dubbs95

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Idk ive recently met a women who has by far been the most sexually agressive ive ever been with and you can tell shes prob had a good number of partners and she kept saying my dick was huge, like she couldnt get over it(made me feel awesome) and im like a smidge over 7x5.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really think you need to re-consider this, unless of course, you have some empirical data that completely overturns the law of averages.

Sure it's nice to think us women are more likely to sleep with big men, or that "big" guys have something working to their advantage when playing the field, but even if that were the case, you still cannot usurp probability.

If you take your second statement to be true, "women are more likely to sleep with big men, or that "big" guys have something working to their advantage when playing the field" (which I think are both true), that would leave you with results that favor what I said earlier because women would be more likely to sleep with men who are above average than those who are below average, thus skewing the concept of what is "average" for female experiences.

Let's face it, there are advantages to being hung compared to having a small dick. There are women that do seek you out (through online methods like craigslist or word or mouth) which does not occur for smaller guys. Plus, [FONT=&quot] you got to take into account all the guy's who have confidence/insecurity issues due to their penis size (smaller guys in particular) that prevent them from having more sex (I'm exhibit A), where that problem just isn't as wide spread in the "big dick community". And we all know how important confidence is to women. (and this isn't to imply that all big dick guys have confidence, I just think it's natural to expect big dick guys to be more comfortable with themselves than smaller guys in a general sense)[/FONT]

I can understand why you would disagree with me because I have no "empirical data that completely overturns the law of averages", but not everyone has an equal chance to begin with. If you were to use the measurement by mr. average, do I really need a statistical analysis that proves that on average guys with 8.75-9 inch dicks have more sex and partners than guys with 3.00-3.75 inch dicks? I think that's just common sense, imo.

rabbit12345

1st Like
Media

Not to be nasty, but you don't know women very well

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Idk ive recently met a women who has by far been the most sexually agressive ive ever been with and you can tell shes prob had a good number of partners and she kept saying my dick was huge, like she couldnt get over it(made me feel awesome) and im like a smidge over 7x5.

Well, I'm not saying this is the case with all women. There will always be exceptions. I'm just saying one would expect with a larger sample of women, the average penis size would be higher in their experiences than what the actual male penis size average is.

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
Your are really overstating feminine size preference and how many endowed guys there are sleeping around with women if you think people above the 84th or 97.6th percentile are going to be skewing the entire population distribution.

To go back to what you wrote earlier:

"Let's face it, women are much more likely to have sex with a guy who has a big dick than one with a small dick"

If you look at that statement from an objective point of view, if the large man was 2 standard deviations above the mean, and the small man was 2 below, they are both equally prevalent in the population, and thus, equally likely to have a random encounter with a woman.

Bringing all that other jargon into play about personal preference is beside the point, because there is nothing factual to back it up, or to prove the man who is not endowed has more trouble finding a sex partner, etc. etc. etc.

And that's all overlooking the fact that we're talking about average here, not polar extremes.

Last edited:

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
I'm just saying one would expect with a larger sample of women, the average penis size would be higher in their experiences than what the actual male penis size average is.

The more women you bring into the equation, and the more sexual partners they have had, the more likely the average penis size they've experienced is that of the population average.

I am getting the impression you don't fully understand statistics, and that's not meant as a degrading comment, just an explanation for why you feel the way you do.

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The more women you bring into the equation, and the more sexual partners they have had, the more likely the average penis size they've experienced is that of the population average.

I am getting the impression you don't fully understand statistics, and that's not meant as a degrading comment, just an explanation for why you feel the way you do.

I may misunderstand you, but you seem to think a 9 incher and a 3 incher have equal probability of having the same number of sexual partners. The same can be said for an 8 incher and a 4 incher as well as a 7 incher and a 5 incher. You want to disregard factors such as confidence, insecurity, and to a lesser extent women who seek out men with big dicks.

All of your line of thinking assumes that the average man with a large dick and the average man with a small dick have an equal chance of having sex with a woman. I don't believe that's the case at all. We can agree to disagree because frankly I don't have anything to back up those claims except for common sense, "and that's not meant as a degrading comment".

Last edited:

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
And that's exactly why your thinking is flawed. Bringing "common sense" reasoning into a debate is as good as shooting yourself in the foot. Common sense, to put it bluntly, is nonsense.

Why? Because taken as an implicit "explanation" of behavior, common sense can't be refuted. No matter what happens, you can always cite a folk tidbit of knowledge called common sense to cover ANY situation:

If Time waits for no man then why does haste makes waste? Opposites attract but for some reason birds of a feather flock together. Absence makes the heart grow fonder but how can it if when: out of sight, out of mind... and so on.

"Common sense" contradicts itself, its subjective and personal, and changes over time -- yesterdays common sense is today's nonsense.

Last edited:

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bringing "common sense" reasoning into a debate is as good as shooting yourself in the foot.
Apparently, in the case of this discussion.

So you really think guy's with smaller dicks are just as likely to have the same number of sexual partners as guy's with bigger dicks? Because that would have to be true in order for what I'm saying to be false.

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Average can be the hottest around. I have finally realized that a hot cock does not always constitute for BIG. Some of the absolute hottest and best looking cocks I have seen were average. Not all, but a lot of the big guys attitudes are enought to make you send them packing.

Here's proof average is HOT..

Average, yes, HOT, definatley.

Attachments

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think penis size is significantly correlated with sexual success.
That doesn't answer my question though.

I'm asking in general, do you really think guy's with smaller dicks are just as likely to have the same number of sexual partners as guy's with bigger dicks? You know, are little guys having the same amount of partners as bigger guys?

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Fascinating discussion in such a relatively short time. I quite liked the website. He points out a study that he thinks is one of the best but quite reasonably points out why the stated average may be an over-estimate. I agree with his caveats and with his statistical point about the difference between mean, median and mode (each of which are measures of averageness).

At first, I dismissed KFT40's claim that sexually well-experienced women would have had more experience of above average men than below average men. However, as a psychologist and as a sexologist, when he clarified further I can accept that he may have a point. An above averagely endowed man may have more confidence to be playing the field with the women who are also playing the field. It doesn't apply to all or even most women necessarily but to a subset of the population. As much larger penises become increasingly rare in comparison to the average range then I don't think the bias is actually very significant. Thus, all posts so far may have it right to some extent.

Penis size shouldn't matter from an objective point of view. Bigger is not better. Nevertheless, there is a long historical view that since a penis defines you as a man, a large penis makes you more of a man. This is cultural mythology, a psychological con trick, bullshit, - but it is deeply ingrained in society and for many men (and much fewer women) size does matter. The fact that I and other sexologists say that it shouldn't matter doesn't change much - if anything at all. Objective reality usually loses to subjective feelings. Added to which, this site is dedicated to those who have problems with being possessors of large penises but is more likely to be filled by people for whom the myth is firmly entrenched.

Mr Average's site is correct in extolling the wisdom of regarding average as ideal.