Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Groups of homes that truly feel like a neighborhood, where people actually know each other and look out for each other.

NCbear (who was struck, when visiting Mexico two Christmases ago, by how people lived behind high walls but were sociable—the opposite of where I live in the USA, where people live in an old neighborhood without even fences but don’t socialize with each other at all)
I hear you. I actually tried to raise my family in a place like that. Lower-middle income family complex and we shared a common area. It was the closest I could come to what I experienced. Move to high income? That shared family style disappeared. We had to commute for ‘neighbourhood’ experiences. I miss that. I’m fortunate now to have excellent neighbours, but it’s a rarity.

Reactions: MickeyLee and rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
whenever anyone popped in' for a few fresh vegetables,offering payment
our father had nstructed us kids to give it free/no matter who what quantity etc etc
we obliged

side note
we sold
30 years later,i popped in,hoping to buy a bag of fresh new season onions/that i absolutely love
the pakeha/white in maori 25 yo,gave me the most evil deathly F'off look ive ever encountered, sad

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
whenever anyone popped in' for a few fresh vegetables,offering payment
our father had nstructed us kids to give it free/no matter who what quantity etc etc
we obliged

side note
we sold
30 years later,i popped in,hoping to buy a bag of fresh new season onions/that i absolutely love
the pakeha/white in maori 25 yo,gave me the most evil deathly F'off look ive ever encountered, sad
My neighbours are great. When my boy’s truck needed a brake job, the neighbour helped him to it, no charge. When I was too sick too cook Christmas dinner, she made me a plate and brought it over. When I went to Disneyland, I brought gifts for them and their grandson. If someone needs cold medication or eggs, we borrow or lend. They are amazing. But I guess it’s the way both our families were raised.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Anybody remember Fizzies? Oh how I begged my Mother to buy them every time I went grocery shopping with her.

I will admit that dropping in the tablet and watching it fizz was a lot more enjoyable than actually drinking the result! Except the Cherry flavor was pretty much okay. The cola flavor not so much...

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My neighbours are great. When my boy’s truck needed a brake job, the neighbour helped him to it, no charge. When I was too sick too cook Christmas dinner, she made me a plate and brought it over. When I went to Disneyland, I brought gifts for them and their grandson. If someone needs cold medication or eggs, we borrow or lend. They are amazing. But I guess it’s the way both our families were raised.

Our neighborhood is tight as fuck. We ALL have each other's back's.

The love of my life grew up across the street. Bizzy Bone said it best in "Fried day"...

No joking with my neighbors, door's open you wanna come over?

:heart::heart::heart:

Stealing of neighborhood nostalgia... I wanna build a tree-fort

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I would probably say that I miss TGIF as a kid. Family Matters, Step by Step and a few other shows on ABC. It was also Pizza night.

Reactions: LaFemme

"Mom, let me download a picture for my homework."

HastyNippyArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mate of late teen days arrvintg from Aus for overnight stay tomorrow
he.another and i forunate to take a last cruise on the Arcadia to FIJI mid 70s
a couple of weeks holiday on untouched tropical island,then fly home
combining old transport wirth modern
a little different to cruse ships these days

Name: SS Arcadia
Owner: P&O
Port of registry: London, United Kingdom
Route: UK/Australia, and cruising

Passengers:
1954: 670 1st class, 735 Tourist class
1973: 1,350 open class
Crew: 716
Notes: Sister ship: SS Iberia
SS Arcadia was a passenger liner built for P&O in 1953 to service the UK to Australia route. Towards the end of her life she operated as a cruise ship, based in Sydney, until scrapped in 1979.

This mix of liner and cruise trade was expanded in 1959 when Arcadia made her first cruise voyage from an Australian port, sailing from Sydney on a short cruise in November and then to San Francisco in December.
As the number of passengers travelling by ship to Australia declined due to growth in air travel, P&O was expanding its cruise network. In 1959, Arcadia was refitted (with refurbished cabins and air-conditioning extended to all the accommodation) and throughout the 1960s continued the pattern of line voyages interspersed with cruises from Britain and Australia, including trans-Pacific routes,

In 1975 Arcadia moved its base to Australia (replacing the Himalaya), making a final return trip to Britain and then cruising Asia-Pacific routes until in February 1979 she was delivered to a firm in Taiwan to be scrapped.

upload_2019-1-28_5-20-6.jpeg