Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thanks for the reports JP about here and the west side Y.

What is the last pic? Blue one? What kind of nyu guys are there?

That’s unfortunate about your west side y experience and still bummed they put cubicles up in that larger shower room in front of the sauna. Still, most the fun happened in that smaller shower area. Haven’t been since Covid, but honestly it always was a hit or miss. Some hot times in past. After work on weekdays was usually the best. Those fit younger guys sometimes did go down and shower and have fun…often in and out afterwards, so kinda random fun times.
There's a blue film covering the glass door leading into the actual sauna. You can more of less make out what it'll look like in the end.

My take on the NYU guys may sound odd but, they are bros....but also they don't go to Columbia or Fordham, so they're not actually pricks in the way that some pre-finance college bros can be. I read them more as playing with their confidence for the first time through working out and their body responding quickly. So, they're fit, but terrified of being seen naked, probably not very sexual in their interactions. They go into the sauna fully clothed and don't shower after they work out. They're just lame, but will also figure it out

Reactions: RyeGuy92

RyeGuy92

Sexy Member
Media
There's a blue film covering the glass door leading into the actual sauna. You can more of less make out what it'll look like in the end.

My take on the NYU guys may sound odd but, they are bros....but also they don't go to Columbia or Fordham, so they're not actually pricks in the way that some pre-finance college bros can be. I read them more as playing with their confidence for the first time through working out and their body responding quickly. So, they're fit, but terrified of being seen naked, probably not very sexual in their interactions. They go into the sauna fully clothed and don't shower after they work out. They're just lame, but will also figure it out
I've been around this school for a long time. This is a great take on a lot of the younger guys but there is nuance to the lack of sexuality.

NYU guys (myself included) are trying to be polite and do everything by the book. That's pretty much how they got into NYU. They've been taught their whole life to suck up emotions and play by the rules. I was a bit older when I started so I had more confidence than a lot of them but this is a generalization. When students come to New York City to study, it challenges them to think outside the box.

Many of the NYU guys at TMPL are paying for a second gym on top of the one the school already gives them in their tuition so these guys are either the wealthiest international students on campus and/or they are gay and desperate to explore gay culture. It should be noted that the new NYU gym is opening in a month and that may affect our gym a bit because it's really close by.

Either way, the gay students are definitely joining to explore being gym guys... A lot of the undergrads in general are at an age where they are learning they are attractive but are testing the limits of what they can get away with. It's a really fun and beautiful time in their life.

Some guys just don't know what they are doing yet. I had an interaction with one boy in the steam room who was afraid his experimenting with a muscle daddy made me uncomfortable.

He followed after me almost in tears and apologized because I left the steam room during their play. As hot as they were to observe I had to meet a friend at Eagle and was on a time crunch. o_O:joy: What can I say, I had other men to play with?

I told him: "I don't mind conversation in the steam room darling. I may not always talk but I never mind conversation." Then I sort of winked and he smiled. :heart: But yeah I had to hit the point home to him that I wasn't going to snitch and he was safe around me.

The good news for him was he studied abroad in Amsterdam for a semester and returned with some new confidence!!! He carried himself differently and I could tell he'd done some practicing.

Another story...

Ten years ago, that very gym (when it was NYSC) taught a friend of mine how to experiment. We were 20 at the time and too young to go to the bars. I remember thinking he was exaggerating when he told me the stories of the steam room. Had I realized then it was actually true, I would've joined ten years ago!! XD

So yeah, when I did join last year people started telling me more stories about it. My boss wanted to know how the action was there. Then my straight male co-workers were making fun of me until they realized there were hot girls there too...

But yeah I joined it to escape the NYU gyms and running into people I know. That is the biggest benefit for me and that helps me get better workouts in. I have never played there. Maybe one day when I feel brave enough, I will play... I tend to get in my own head around so many fit naked men.

I love my body but it's not sculpted to perfection. I shower and I use the steam room but this is something I actively have to fight in my head in the locker room. That locker room is the inverse of my high school trauma. I had jock bullies growing up and looking at their massive bodies was taboo permission for more bullying. I'm learning to look and let myself be looked at in whatever state my body is in. When boys walk through the aisle of the locker room in just a towel as though they are on a runway it makes my heart flutter.

So in short if NYU guys like me don't make a move that doesn't mean we're not enjoying the conversation. We're just works in progress. ;):heart:

Reactions: coffinhack

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
any info on any of the planet fitness locations?
I was wondering the same thing. Briefly worked out at the Hells Kitchen one and there were a mix of straight and gay guys…it was busy. The lockerroom is small but seemed to have some gay guys showing off and actually using the showers to flirt. Not sure how far things would go, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was happening. There was a bit of bitchiness going on too lol…surprised me as it is well PF and not equino

I read somewhere, maybe Squirt, that the 34th st one was really cruisy, but also had a major homeless prob with people loitering and being shady. I think post Covid times it is now open till 11pm versus 24hrs in past.

Anyone have any other info? The Wall Street location?

navywill83

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
JCC in Manhattan UWS on Amsterdam- What kinds of guys and locker room setup? Anyone been to this gym?

Blake222

Loved Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It a gym but spa castle in queens is the best locker room ever for showing off and seeing. Tons of open showers,7 hot tubs, sauna and steam and everyone goes naked. Some of us meeting this sun july 9. Feel free to dm. It’s gonna be awesome.