Obama's Kicking Hillary's Dupa In S.C.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unfortunately once again the Democrats will put up and unelectable candidate(either Hillary or Obama) and the Reps will win despite Americas current dissatisfaction with Republicans. I'm sick of this "im the change candidate" crap...change change,,yeah give us some concrete ideas,,not some pie in the sky catch phrase.
from january 24th:
[SIZE=-2]In a general election matchup, Clinton and Obama bested Romney, Giuliani and Huckabee by more than 10 points apiece. It‘s much closer between McCain and Clinton or Obama. Clinton leads McCain by four points, and Obama and McCain virtually split the vote (42 percent for Obama, 41 percent for McCain) although both matchups are well within the poll‘s margin of error. [/SIZE]

legally, not precluded
So we agree it is legal for a Muslim to run but what do you think, should a Muslim be able to run for president?

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
BTW Industrialsize..you are HOT. I'll send you a manhunt message and show you my profile. 6ft 195 46 here good shape,,,hung..Portland

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I still say the Democrats are in trouble,,when I as a gay man prefer to vote for John McCain over Hillary or Obama.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So we agree it is legal for a Muslim to run but what do you think, should a Muslim be able to run for president?

I'll say that I don't subscribe to political correctness ... I don't subscribe to a tendentious sophistry that, to agree with an ultimate conclusion, REQUIRES you ignore certain objective facts, facts that would prevent you agreeing with that conclusion ... I am also not a secular humanist ... I am also not a nihilist ... Accordingly, what values an individual holds, do guide his actions .. summing all of the foregoing, I do not hold all belief systems equivalent or equally valid .... having said all that, I agree with Patrick Henry ... at this point, though, I think the query moot --- realistically, the only place I could see such a process would be in Michigan (where we have a very heavy concentration of immigrants of that persuasion -- I hesitate to call them American), or in politically correct California (the only state I could see a foreigner who has trouble speaking English, being elected to State or Federal office) ( I also hesistate to call Californians American).

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
i totally see your logic here but i couldn't disagree more. i almost think Dems stereotype conservative voters into being anti-woman anti-black anti-etc to mask their own insecurities about change. at the moment, it's not the Reps keeping a black man out of the final race, its the Dems (i mean, in the end, it will turn out that way, with hillary getting the nomination).

the Dems should NOT nominate the 'establishment good ole' boy' (Billary). they have done that twice in a row with Gore and Kerry, remember? The Dems keep using that logic and it doesn't work.

It will be very hard for Hillary to win this election. However I think Obama would be a worse choice and this has nothing with him being a black man. Heck, I think Powell could have won this election on either ticket if he had chosen to run. Obama's high negatives are his muslim background (not his fault but will be exploited to no end in the general), his inexperience, his building castles in the air with seemingly nothing to back it up, his lack of a thick skin (the man has constatly whined and complained about Billary attacking him-people are tired of dirty politics but in the end they hate whiners more).

If you look at the SC breakdown 53% of the voters were black and 81% of blacks voted for him; so of his 55% percent, 38% was the black vote-cut that in half and the results change). The republicans are not stupid- they will draft Condi Rice in to cut Obama's black support at the knees. And I hate to say this, but the Queen of Warmongerers is a more vialble black candidate than Obama at this point.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
By the way, if you know anything of Islam, do you actually feel that democracy would have developed under its influence? Would there have been a Patrick Henry that would have evolved under that mindset? Can you actually argue that mindset is compatible with democracy?

mrpond

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
karl marx now there was a guy who got it rignt on capitalism.....democracy is just a capitalist front. you have two parties in america.. dumb and dumber both capitalist parties... therefore a one party state.....

D

deleted15807

McCain will be the next president. It's a fait accompli. The day the US elects a woman or a minority will be the day.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I think you are right. I've voted Democratic for presidents since I could vote but can not vote for Hillary or Obama over McCain. Im a gay man in Oregon..a very blue state,,that should say how bad the Dems chances are.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll say that I don't subscribe to political correctness ... I don't subscribe to a tendentious sophistry that, to agree with an ultimate conclusion, REQUIRES you ignore certain objective facts, facts that would prevent you agreeing with that conclusion ... I am also not a secular humanist ... I am also not a nihilist ... Accordingly, what values an individual holds, do guide his actions .. summing all of the foregoing, I do not hold all belief systems equivalent or equally valid .... having said all that, I agree with Patrick Henry ... at this point, though, I think the query moot --- realistically, the only place I could see such a process would be in Michigan (where we have a very heavy concentration of immigrants of that persuasion -- I hesitate to call them American), or in politically correct California (the only state I could see a foreigner who has trouble speaking English, being elected to State or Federal office) ( I also hesistate to call Californians American).
I have no idea what your answer to my question was......maybe I'm stupid...

By the way, if you know anything of Islam, do you actually feel that democracy would have developed under its influence? Would there have been a Patrick Henry that would have evolved under that mindset? Can you actually argue that mindset is compatible with democracy?
You seem very nice and smart, but you kind of scare me...

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Part of the problems is that all of these "countries" were created by Europeans and are fractured with all sorts of old tribal communites. Iraq was just created by the British.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think you are right. I've voted Democratic for presidents since I could vote but can not vote for Hillary or Obama over McCain. Im a gay man in Oregon..a very blue state,,that should say how bad the Dems chances are.
Mcain's propensity to think of the world in Militaristic terms scares me,...It is no stretch to see him invading Iran,.oh there's also his opposition to roe v, wade, his support of the Defense Of Marriage act and his opposition to [SIZE=-1]he Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA)......I would think as a Gay man the last 2 would at least give you pause.[/SIZE]

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bush has done a lot of horrific thing since he has been in office. I think everyone would agree that invading Iraq was the worst. McCain wants to continue this course and expand upon it. Well the last thing I want to see is a continuation of the course this country is on. I used to like McCain, but there is no way in hell I would vote for a man that wants to keep this country on it's current course.

I was pretty much on the fence between Hiliary and Obama. But I will not vote for a candidate that slings mud as her main weapon to obtain her nomination. That is how we got our current president. Am I the only one that has come to the conclusion that maybe Obama's inexperience might actually be a good thing. And that even though he is Christian, his Muslin understanding might actually be a big plus in understanding what is really going on in this world.

Just a thought.

D

deleted213967

I checked their US Senate voting records. They are unsurprisingly similar, well within the democratic mainstream.

Both are sharp and would bring some welcome brainpower back into the White House.

The various televised debates, which unfortunately dwelt on fluff, not on the more complex, long-term, global problems our nation faces, revealed few truly significant differences. Nobody on the panel would even lower the legal drinking age (while still sending not-yet-fully-developed kids to their death in Iraq). "Prevention" was hardly ever mentioned in the health care forum when we are a nation of obese people. Nobody really tackled the global climate crisis or proposed a novel, aggressive, comprehensive energy policy. They all dodged the difficult topics, such as farm subsidies, our addiction to debt, ...

Obama's big strength, it seems, is that he is untouchable because he is a relative virgin and can indeed build castles in the air. The old guard is still very strong in Heartland America and the "Hussein" in him may get him. Then again the same old guard couldn't care less about the NYT's endorsement of Clinton either.

I agree with a previous post...Everybody talks the "change" talk...Noone knows how to walk it. On the Republican side, only Huckabee, when relaxed one-on-one on Charlie Rose had the guts to challenge some of the established order, but of course he represents the Dark Ages Bigot wing.

I really want Josiah Bartlet for president.

Texas Log Cabin Republican:

You soooo phunny!

California is indeed, if anything, the only state that could afford to secede from the US, with or without Schwarzy as governor. Last time I checked, it was by far the biggest and richest state of the country, far ahead of your fair state, which does lead for pro-life executions (kudos!) and until recently enforcement of sodomy laws (bravo!). Without Silicon Valley and Hollywood, the US would be relegated to third-rate power standing, which may happen anyway if your li'l Oh-So-American Halliburton clique continues to alienate us from the rest of the world while kissing flabby Saudi posteriors.

When did Obama become muslim?

As a clean-shaven man wearing silk neckties, I can only imagine how many fatwas he has against him.

I stand corrected. I just went with what was said here; unwise I know.

However...

Any perceived Muslim connections will be a negative for him. Fox reports that Hillary's campaign has already been to his old primary school in Indonesia to investigate just what sort of school it is. They found a secular public school with children of multiple faiths attending. Still, I can see a last-minute Willie Hortonish ad popping-up claiming it was a madrasah.

Actually, jason, he's not a Muslim. Never was. His Muslim father, by the time he met his mother, had become an atheist. Obama was more or less raised outside of any religious influence. And twenty-some years ago he joined the Trinity United Church of Christ.

D

deleted15807

Bush has done a lot of horrific thing since he has been in office. I think everyone would agree that invading Iraq was the worst. McCain wants to continue this course and expand upon it. Well the last thing I want to see is a continuation of the course this country is on. I used to like McCain, but there is no way in hell I would vote for a man that wants to keep this country on it's current course.

This is exactly the problem with the entire batch of Republicans. They won't campaign with Bush BUT they don't repudiate anything he has done. If anything they seem to want to outdo him in all the worst things about his disastrous presidency.

John McCain joking about 'Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran' was sick and disgusting considering how over our head we are in Iraq AND Afghanistan. He even suggests we stay in Iraq for 100 years. Is this man CRAZY? 10 billion a month spent in Iraq and 44 million in this country with NO health insurance. Insane.

YouTube - McCain: 100 years in Iraq "would be fine with me"
YouTube - McCain laughs, Sings Bomb Iran