Obama's Kicking Hillary's Dupa In S.C.

Interesting. I know many more Obama supporters than Hillary supporters. New York is a bizarre state. I think we're just a step above Louisiana in the corruption index. We are essentially told who we will vote for and if oops! your vote isn't counted... well... good luck with that.

She'll probably do well in New York.
An SRI poll of four days ago gave Clinton 48 percent, Obama 23, Edwards 10, and Undecided 19.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not to take this discussion down a level but,Edwards is such a bottom boy!(not slamming any groups here but)

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interesting. I know many more Obama supporters than Hillary supporters. New York is a bizarre state. I think we're just a step above Louisiana in the corruption index. We are essentially told who we will vote for and if oops! your vote isn't counted... well... good luck with that.
Hugh difference between NYS and NYC! Two entirerly different entities!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Obama and Hillary sides deadlock and Edwards becomes the dark horse.

Edwards only shot is to be the VP running mate of either. Obama and Clinton will flip-flop #1 and #2, that is until this race/gender tactic wasn't exploited and maybe Obama is the solid # 1 the rest of the way.

I don't know so much that either Clinton or Obama can be running mates of one another in the end, regardless of which carries the party nomination. The hypocrisy of the accusations leveled by either at this point have been simply dirty tactics. Clinton and Obama have assured that it's a 2 horse race by playing their cards this early. In SC alone, Edwards was 10 points behind Hillary, even if he concedes defeat in the next few primaries and endorses Clinton, SC alone indicates the combined share is still 10 points behind Obama's 55 % to the Clinton/Edwards combined 45% (27/18%).

It tells me where we are in 2008 in terms of gender and racial bigotry. America is a closet bigoted nation in spite of all the attempts to overcome this. If SC is any true indication, race cards trump gender cards in America in 2008. Would an endorsement of Clinton by Edwards be then interpreted as some lame attempt at keeping the party's nomination "caucasian" ?

And will having the Democrat's running a woman or black candidate simply drive all the caucasians to vote Republican ? We've come nearly a quarter of a century since Mondale-Ferraro, it'll be interesting to see how far this nation has really come since then ?

"http://www.life.com/Life/conventions/gallery/D.10.a.html"

musclekid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hillary may not have New York! Lot of Obama people in New York, black and otherwise, and upstaters resent her carpetbagging of the Senate seat.

Obama has absolutely 0 chance of winning NY. None. She is ahead 2 to 1 right now in the polls, the NY Times is backing her, AND she is currently their senator!

Hillary's slaughter of Obama in NY might be the time that Obama supporters finally grasp the harsh truth. Edwards people (all four of them) will realize that his delegates (if there even are any by that time) have zero influence on the nomination.

The Dems will end up with the ultimate establishment candidate who is despised by huge swaths of the US (the hate storm will be unleashed the day after her nomination, big time). Maybe by the NEXT election the next generation of Dems will realize they have to get serious about change if they really believe in it.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
In SC alone, Edwards was 10 points behind Hillary, even if he concedes defeat in the next few primaries and endorses Clinton, SC alone indicates the combined share is still 10 points behind Obama's 55 % to the Clinton/Edwards combined 45% (27/18%).

It sounds like you are using South Carolina as a bellweather for how Clinton/Edwards will do in later states. But Clinton is going to do far better in many upcoming states than she did in South Carolina, isn't she? Didn't the Clinton team know, going in, that South Carolina was one of their weaker prospects?

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It sounds like you are using South Carolina as a bellweather for how Clinton/Edwards will do in later states. But Clinton is going to do far better in many upcoming states than she did in South Carolina, isn't she? Didn't the Clinton team know, going in, that South Carolina was one of their weaker prospects?
You are right Senor! She will become an unstoppable force in the months to come. She has the expirence,power and know how! Its tit for tat now(no pun intended)just for shows sake. She's getting practice.In the months to come she will become an unstoppable powerhouse steamroller. Obama , Edwards and any Republican candidate will become a bug on her windshield.
Will Al Gore get a cabinet post?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Edwards people (all four of them) will realize that his delegates (if there even are any by that time) have zero influence on the nomination.

A statement like this undermines your credibility. Edwards already has delegates.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's interesting but the Idiots who showed up in the begining of this thread pooped out when the discussion got to "real" for them.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know so much that either Clinton or Obama can be running mates of one another in the end, regardless of which carries the party nomination. The hypocrisy of the accusations leveled by either at this point have been simply dirty tactics. Clinton and Obama have assured that it's a 2 horse race by playing their cards this early.
Obama has remained on a pretty high road from what I've seen. I think he'll stick with it for now, but the question is: Are we as a society finally fed up with "scorched earth" politics as usual? I'm dubious.

Lord knows there's a treasure trove of Clinton indiscretions from which the Obama camp has yet to draw. The "You were on the board of Wal-Mart" jab in the debate the other night was mere featherweight stuff. The Clinton's do their best work in the political mud pits and are doing their damnedest to draw Obama in. I'm sure we ain't seen nothing yet.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Just signed in and read the first post and then the last page. You can blame who you wish for this, but Obama lost in the long haul. Until South Caroline he was a candidate for president. He had a decent backing from white people and Hillary had decent backing from black people.

After all the campaigning was done, there was a shift. 80 % of the black vote went to Obama. And Obama's white total's plumeted. The way the campaign went in South Caroline helped Obama build up a bigger margin over Hillary, but in the states that follow it very well may hurt him. As some analyists have said, South Caroline turned Obama from a candidate to a black candidate.

The Republicans are ditching it out too, but there are real differences in the political agenda of the Republican candidates. In reality, there is very little difference between the three Democrats that are still left in the race.

Edwards doesn't seem to be able to attract a following. Hilary has bagage. Obama now is also damaged because the race card was played the best I can tell from both sides.

I am for Hillary because of her experience and because I think in the end she has a better chance of winning.

The Republicans will crucify Obama with his childhood. The Democrats have not touched that issue. Don't think for a moment that the Republicans won't. That nasty e-mail on Obama didn't come from the Clinton camp. I have received several copies of that over the past few weeks. All of them came from people that I know are Republicans.

Around here, most of the people say that they won't vote for a Muslim. I believe that if Obama gets the nomination, this "Muslim image" will be fanned to the fullest by the Republicans. The stories don't have to be true for the Republicans to tell them.

I like Obama. I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. It isn't his fault that he spent part of his childhood in Indonesia.

Hillary on the other hand has had everything the Republicans can throw at her. There won't be anything new. Old stuff yes and the people are tired of hearing that oild stuff.

The biggest surpiise to me is Edwards. He is a very likeable person. I'm surprised he hasn't done better than he has.

The only Republican candidate that has character that I admire is John McCain. I don't agree with many of his views, but he probably is the most honest candidate running for President. He doesn't check the polls to see what position to take. He doesn't play cards as apparently both Hillary and Obama have done.

The sad part is that the bitterness is such now that neither Hillary nor Obama can very well ask the other to be the Vice-President running mate. That is very sad.

musclekid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A statement like this undermines your credibility. Edwards already has delegates.

ok, not sure about this but... it seems that delegates can switch at any time during the convention, right? anyway, it doesn't matter because what few he has will switch anyway. hillary will be in the hundreds. his handful won't matter. this is not a pro-hillary thing though from me -- it's just reality. how many delegates do you think he's gonna have at the end of the day, huh?

Delegates, like the Electors of the Electoral College, can vote for whomever they want though they're pledged to vote for a certain candidate.

ok, not sure about this but... it seems that delegates can switch at any time during the convention, right? anyway, it doesn't matter because what few he has will switch anyway. hillary will be in the hundreds. his handful won't matter. this is not a pro-hillary thing though from me -- it's just reality. how many delegates do you think he's gonna have at the end of the day, huh?

systemshock3

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just signed in and read the first post and then the last page. You can blame who you wish for this, but Obama lost in the long haul. Until South Caroline he was a candidate for president. He had a decent backing from white people and Hillary had decent backing from black people.

After all the campaigning was done, there was a shift. 80 % of the black vote went to Obama. And Obama's white total's plumeted. The way the campaign went in South Caroline helped Obama build up a bigger margin over Hillary, but in the states that follow it very well may hurt him. As some analyists have said, South Caroline turned Obama from a candidate to a black candidate.

The Republicans are ditching it out too, but there are real differences in the political agenda of the Republican candidates. In reality, there is very little difference between the three Democrats that are still left in the race.

Edwards doesn't seem to be able to attract a following. Hilary has bagage. Obama now is also damaged because the race card was played the best I can tell from both sides.

I am for Hillary because of her experience and because I think in the end she has a better chance of winning.

The Republicans will crucify Obama with his childhood. The Democrats have not touched that issue. Don't think for a moment that the Republicans won't. That nasty e-mail on Obama didn't come from the Clinton camp. I have received several copies of that over the past few weeks. All of them came from people that I know are Republicans.

Around here, most of the people say that they won't vote for a Muslim. I believe that if Obama gets the nomination, this "Muslim image" will be fanned to the fullest by the Republicans. The stories don't have to be true for the Republicans to tell them.

I like Obama. I have no reason to doubt his sincerity. It isn't his fault that he spent part of his childhood in Indonesia.

Hillary on the other hand has had everything the Republicans can throw at her. There won't be anything new. Old stuff yes and the people are tired of hearing that oild stuff.

The biggest surpiise to me is Edwards. He is a very likeable person. I'm surprised he hasn't done better than he has.

The only Republican candidate that has character that I admire is John McCain. I don't agree with many of his views, but he probably is the most honest candidate running for President. He doesn't check the polls to see what position to take. He doesn't play cards as apparently both Hillary and Obama have done.

The sad part is that the bitterness is such now that neither Hillary nor Obama can very well ask the other to be the Vice-President running mate. That is very sad.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on a few things:

Most of the polling indicates that among whites, Obama did quite well, and Clinton and Edwards split the rest.

Also, I think that this win is going to HELP Obama moving towards Super Tuesday. Why? Because of some of the same things that are mentioned as PLUSES for Clinton: She has handled the Republican Mud Machine for damn near 20 years.

The Clinton campaign has already started ratcheting up their Republican-style attacks, so I think Obama will be MORE than ready for whatever the Republicans can throw at him should he get the nomination.

Weirdly enough, I was a Hillary supported until a few months ago, and would still support her should she get the nomination.

My issue with her at this point is just how much of a corporatist she is. I mean, my main issue is, just how much would she be able/willing to change given how many deals she may have had to cut in her time behind the scenes?

This is going to get interesting, though :)

Honestly though, would the people to whom that matters actually vote for him to begin with? It's an interesting theory but I'm not sure it holds water. SC's results are less than 5 hours old and it's a Saturday.

I'd agree with that yet I don't think any Republican can undo the dissatisfaction most people have with them at present. McCain's insistence on sticking with Iraq will hurt him though his age may appeal to the high-voting AARP types.

I disagree. Edwards just seems like every other slick and pretty pol out there but that may be a strength. He's a safe choice.

The top three have all been in the Senate for less than two terms so frankly, they're comparatively inexperienced. None has been a governor.

Why be for Hillary if you think she has a better chance of winning? It sounds like you're compromising your political values for the sake of voting for someone popular.

They have to be very careful with that lest there's a backlash. I think they will opt to go after what you point out below:

Being Muslim is his greatest liability. Most Americans have no idea what Islam is about save that they chop of heads and hands, stone people to death, blow things up, hate Christians and Jews, and wrap their women like a Christo installation. If anything will truly harm Obama, it's this.

I don't think most people will know or care about living in Indonesia.

Hillary on the other hand has had everything the Republicans can throw at her. There won't be anything new. Old stuff yes and the people are tired of hearing that old stuff.

But it's such salacious old stuff! Blow jobs! Murder! Suicides! Firings! Embezzlement! Fraud! All people need is to be reminded of these things and they will be. McCain has a higher Teflon-quotient than any of the Dems.

I think most people believe that, Republican or Democrat. Yet, "Oh I think he's the most ethical/honest candidate," is always followed by, "but..."

The sad part is that the bitterness is such now that neither Hillary nor Obama can very well ask the other to be the Vice-President running mate. That is very sad.[/quote]

I disagree. I don't think Hillary would take veep and I think Obama would. Edwards may as well. They're both young enough to make another run in eight years. I could see a Hillary-Obama ticket. It would please the Clinton machine and appear very progressive, very un-old-white-men that Bush-Cheney and McCain-Anyone would make. It might just work.