Paranoid about pregnancy

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thats exactly what all the pro life people say around here, then if you even bring up the word abortion your called a murderer or a baby killer. Actually I met a kid once at a business training, and I told him I had a friend who was raped and sought out an abortion, and he was even arguing there, that the woman shouldn't be allowed to have this done cause it creates "two" victims, and the homicide is worse than the rape! Wow... a lot to take in, guy has his right to his opinion, whatever, but, a lot of these people are the same ones who campaign AGAINST birth control to, and that just seems looney to me. They say that birth control encourages people to have sex out of wedlock, and be promiscious (hope i spelled that right).

Well...here's by view. I don't know what I am, pro-life vs. pro-choice, because frankly I've never been there and I have no right to say what I would do in that situation. I've had man girlfriends who, when we were all back in highschool, said they would never get an abortion (I agreed with them then.). Guess what? Shit happens, they did it, and they felt like complete hypocrites and disgusting on top of all the other feelings they had to deal with.

That's when I decided I wasn't anything. The only thing I'm for, is more education for people who ARE going to have premarital sex.

What extreme pro-life people seem to ignore is the simple fact that believing in one thing, creates its opposite. When you realize that you will realize that in this world someone, somewhere, will always be doing something you don't approve of.

So, if it's going to happen no matter what, then let's at least make sure that these people are being responsible to keep the abortion rates down with education and prevention. That's where I stand on the issue.

voidout

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'm with you.
i only have sex with guys i trust and we talk about the what ifs early on. that way everyone knows where they stand.

excellent point. i don't understand promiscuity at all, personally, but for people who ARE going to be promiscuous, then at least be responsible about it. right?

D

deleted356736

Pro-life is a Christian thing, and my country isn't Christian so it's not much of an issue here. When I studied anthropological psychology, I came across a lot of cultures who had a lot of casual sex, actually most. There were various herbal concoctions used for birth control and other concoctions to induce abortions. If all of those failed, quite a few societies practiced infaticide.

So pregnancy and termination thereof has been around since we discovered the pleasure of sex. The diaphragm and later the condom, were the first time that the West was able to practice birth control. Christian Churches of the time, Roman and Protestant, attempted to ban both! My parent's generation were dead-set scared of condoms and the failure rate thereof, which is why I told my children not to rely on them for birth control. The pill came into being during the 1960s as we all know, and then we had, for the first time, mastered birth control. Even then, thanks to Church pressure, Protestant and Catholic, it was illegal to prescribe the pill to unmarried women. That law was overturned in the early 1970s when Christianity ceased to be an influence, largely due to their anti-sex stands.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Condoms work extremely well (latex or polyurethane, not lambskin...) in preventing pregnancy and the spread of disease. The fiber structure is too tight to allow semen through. The failure rate is completely due to incorrect application.

sassy Lisa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just one question... you had a bollock removed through your belly to please a female? Erm... que?

Well he didn't do it to please a female but he did end up with one strangled when he was working. So he was trying to provide an income for me so I wouldn't have to work. So I guess in away he did for a woman.:wink:

D

deleted356736

Condoms work extremely well (latex or polyurethane, not lambskin...) in preventing pregnancy and the spread of disease. The fiber structure is too tight to allow semen through. The failure rate is completely due to incorrect application.

It doesn't matter how they fail, they fail. The failure rate of condoms in normal usage is about 3%, and the birth control pill is about 0.1%. That is a big difference.

When having sex with a partner who's STI status is unknown, a condom should be worn. But in such situations, the condom should never be relied upon for birth control.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well he didn't do it to please a female but he did end up with one strangled when he was working. So he was trying to provide an income for me so I wouldn't have to work. So I guess in away he did for a woman.:wink:

I could have drug it out and faught not loosing that testicle.But it would have cost us alot as a family.So I chose the quick path to save you and the children much hardship.:cool:

sassy Lisa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could have drug it out and faught not loosing that testicle.But it would have cost us alot as a family.So I chose the quick path to save you and the children much hardship.:cool:

Thank for being so wonderful. It would have cost us a lot possible even have killed you.:eek: I would be miserable without you, I am so glad you made it quick.