PC or Mac

thick_1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps I should have said what I use in the op.
Personally, I am as straight as they come and I also have a Mac, but use PC 90% of the time..My wife who is also straight uses a power book 90% of the time...

Now in saying perhaps the thing to have done is start a poll?

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay...is it just me? Since when has a computer been made to be worn as an under garment? This section is for Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues.....:mad:

Come on guys lets keep thing in the correct locations.
Other wise this will become a lump of jumbled up questions!

:cool:

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
I'm gay and I use an iMac. Just switched to Mac last year and I love it. Funny thing, I bought my mother a PC for Christmas, a month before buying my iMac. Her PC already takes up to 3 minutes to boot up, while my iMac still starts up like new. It takes her PC forever to bring up a program, and my iMac still brings up programs almost as quickly as I can click the icons. The only down side is that in order to get ANYTHING for it I HAVE to go to the Mac store which is at least 20 miles from me on either side. But, the customer service is impressive. It's nice to deal with people within the country.

D_Whipsnade Helmetip

Just Browsing
Media
Mac. I switched to one when coming to College 2 years ago (ibook). I can't imagine going back to PCs. I get frustrated when I have to go into computer labs here that are all PCs. Plus, If I had gotten a PC when I started college, I would be ready to purchase a new one. MY ibook will last til I graduate, if not longer

thick_1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only advantage I see in a mac is the lack of Viruses for them...So folks can download all they want with little concern...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why not? I use Mac computers when they're the only thing available.

What I meant was I wouldn't buy a Windows machine or use it as my primary computer. I would use one if that's all that were available. If someone had offered to give me a Windows machine when I was in need of a new computer I would still have bought a Mac. I just intensely dislike Windows.
I would use Linux, Free BSD, or Solaris, though.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, I'm hetero-sexual but I guess I just found out I'm homo-technical.

I'm a musician and you can't beat a Mac for its music capabilities. Had a PC up to three years ago to do the same thing, but Mac does it right out of the box.

I think a PC is female and a Mac is male.

The PC has so many buttons and switches to make it work, just like a woman. Like flying a 747.

But a Mac has one button on the mouse, just like a guy - one button will do it.

AlexSedai

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tried posting, but my internet crashed.

PC all the way. I've used both, and PC's outstripe in my book for many reasons.

First and foremost, cost vs quality.

If you want something safe and all that, run Linux for free, instead of spending 3k on a Mac that can cost you 1.5 with Linux. Mac's truly are for people who just want things EASY and done for them. Who don't want to think, and want everything all pretty.
Hell for that matter, Ubuntu can do all that + cool stuff like Beryl and the like.

Also, when it comes down to gaming, hands down Windows. You wont see any serious gamers on Macs because the support isn't there, and the overhead is actually quite a bit. You talk about loading times? Learn to not be an idiot. All my PC's start up fast because I don't let spyware and extra crap on it. Sure Windows will get that stuff and mac's wont: but Mac's aren't being targeted; they dont have the market share to make it work a hackers trouble to write code for their Kernel. They can still be hacked, people just don't normally bother learning. It's much more convenient to know how to Hack a Windows system: And don't even bother trying to hack a Linux box.
Note: Linux = PC to me.

And finally: Vista. Honestly it's a good OS. Overhead? Of course, but they said the same thing about XP when it was released. Security? is actually good now, took some time and with SP1 coming out, it'll be even better. Takes some getting used to, but I've been running it since Beta 2 and love it.

PC all the way. Sidenote: at ITT Tech where I attend school, we learn Linux and Windows: Our Mac's literally have dust on them, and are only used once in a great while by the Graphic Art students. Honestly it's kinda sad because 100% of Mac's are VERY GOOD in terms of hardware; they have some serious balls - and need them to run OSX (And would run Vista easily)

Therein lies another problem with Mac's, they need specific hardware to run OSX. Kinda crappy. Install Linux some time, and let your jaw drop when it detects every bit of hardware right down to the weird off brand monitor you're using.