Pee shyness

pen_1

Experimental Member
Media
i used to have problem peeing in front of strangers. but i have overcome the problem. at the end of the day, all men have penis....

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you've got stage fright, I find a good technique is to play back a song you really like in your head. Get into it... just don't start bopping too much, you'll spray everywhere.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I pinch down on it to keep the urethra closed. Then when I feel the piss backing up I let go.

odd but it seems to work; it just will not start with the lanes open.

pissing out side seems to have helped me too.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's funny how we have different conditioning with peeing, and some of us want privacy more than others.

I grew up as a child with a preference for sitting to pee so I wouldn't make noise. I had stage fright problems with urinals for many years and didn't use urinals unless I was alone in the bathroom and could get the flow going before anyone walked in. I really wanted to overcome it and worked at ways to condition myself to release the stream when at a urinal in a public bathroom regardless of who was present. When I was a student at the university in the '90s, I got over most of it out of sheer necessity. Now urinals are no problem at all, or peeing around strangers.

The last battle for me to conquer with pee shyness is that I can't pee standing at a toilet in someone's home if the bathroom is right next to a room where there are people who can hear my pee stream hit the water. So I sit on the throne and pee quietly. I'm still shy indoors around people that I know, even though peeing around strangers or outdoors isn't a problem. Some of my friends are loud pissers and don't have any hangups about the noise; a few don't even close the door when they pee, which is always a trip. Others guys that I know are quiet, so I imagine that they sit to pee to avoid making noise.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A few don't even close the door when they pee, which is always a trip. Others guys that I know are quiet, so I imagine that they sit to pee to avoid making noise.
I don't close the door at home, that's for sure. In fact when "modest" visitors close the door after using my home commode, it irritates me because I think they are still in there.

I usually sit to pee to avoid splashing urine on the walls of the toilet area. Maybe I'm too lazy to clean it up frequently. I also don't like piss on toilet seat, rim, floor and urine smelling commodes. Sitting helps. Probably installation of a urinal would help too. Some of them damn things splash a lot too. The best ones I have found are like a big funnel that comes up high with the water at the bottom. I've seen them very infrequently in old public restrooms. Hoover Dam and Forest Lawn Cemetery are the only two places I can remember.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The technical rerm for pee shyness is parauresis. It is a specific social phobia and it's been somewhat of a problem much of my life. In my case it was self-reinforcing because I felt embarassed about being pee shy. I was usually fine if there was a partition between urinals but practically rubbing shoulders with the next guy would cause me to tense up. I made some headway by doing arithmetic in my head, as others here have posted. Then about a year ago i observed a demonstration of a procedure called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT). It sounds kind of crazy because you tap yourself on the face and chest in specific patterns while saying or thinking a specifc counterphobic message.
The demonstration involved someone who had a phobia of airplanes. Just talking about it caused this person to start sweating. The person presenting offered the audience that we could do this at the same time so I did, tapping and repeatedly saying to myself "No more pee shyness."
Well, at the end of the five minute exercise, the person with the airplane phobia reported feeling much calmer and was no longer sweating. As the months went by, I began to find peeing at urinals without partitions next to another guy to become easier. Most recently, I was at my gym and went to pee. As I came around the corner I noticed a big muscular guy was already at the other urinal. I briefly considered going to a stall but said "Fuck it" to myself and went to the urinal. I had no trouble starting or finishing and am feeling pretty pleased about this.
So... for guys who are dealing with this, you might want to look EFT up on the internet. There are said to be quite a few sites.
Dave

BigPackage

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't do it and I don't like it. I always use the cubicles unless the urinals have large dividers in between so you can't see around it.

Crece

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I pinch down on it to keep the urethra closed. Then when I feel the piss backing up I let go.

odd but it seems to work; it just will not start with the lanes open.

pissing out side seems to have helped me too.

I do something similar, I pinch right under the head and stretch out my wang to it's longest length, then just relax it and just hold it out to a healthy comfortable length. For some reason, it gives me confidence or something and I don't get stage fright anymore, I think peeing in public was a problem for me because I'm a grower not a shower and I think on some level I was afraid that some one would see me as small. Now a days I just go to any urinal and pee.

I've gotten so good at my technique that I laugh (in my head) at the guys who come in the restroom and go to the very most corner urinal and pee caddy-corner to get their full privacy. :biggrin1:

B_circin867

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I was always able to piss at school. But in the fifth grade we went to another school to see a play. When we came out, we all needed to piss. When we got to our school everyone ran to the boys room.There was only one urinal. We lined up. I was third in line. When I got tothe urinal Icouldn't pass a drop with a bursting bladder. By the time I got to middle school, I never could go when anyone was around. Finally I gave up and never went to the boy's room all the way through high school. I used to hold my piss from 7 a.m. to when I got home at about 4 p.m. I was so full sometimes it would take 15 minutes to start. I found later that when the bladder is too full that it presses on the prostate or urethra. One time I had to wait for 11 hrs. I had to be taken to the ER to be catheterized. I had a quart and pint in my bladder. I still am pee shy and go here in college out of the way men's rooms. Many days when I have an 8 a.m. class I hold my morning piss until I can get to the men's room in the library.

Last edited: