Pet Peeves

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Noisy eaters...

If it couldn't be helped, then everyone would do it - but not everyone does.

A man after my own heart!

I swear, I can staple gun people's mouths shut when they eat with their mouths open and you can hear the food screaming for help from inside their mouth.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My pet peeve is constantly reading posts that try to shove a bizarre theory down our throats, then quote elusive 'studies' to back up the OP. Of course the poster can remember details of the study (percentages mostly) and regale us with a seemingly endless stream of senseless garbage, all designed to back up the original (bizarre) claim. But the OP can't seem to remember the link to this study they just finished reading, nor can anyone else sleuth it out despite a coordinated effort.

Can we not put a moratorium on quoting 'studies' and never providing 'links' to the aforementioned studies? It's also humorous that the guilty parties are normally repeat offenders. It worked the first time (sort of) so why not try it again?

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Cookie cutter housing that sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I just moved into a new house in an older neighborhood, but a new development is being built immediately to the left. The entire development uses the exact same plan, and the exact same building materials. While walking around to check it out I stood between two houses, looking back and forth and noticed the ONLY difference was that the one has green shutters/door and the other has maroon...and people are paying big money for them.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Cookie cutter housing that sells for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I just moved into a new house in an older neighborhood, but a new development is being built immediately to the left. The entire development uses the exact same plan, and the exact same building materials. While walking around to check it out I stood between two houses, looking back and forth and noticed the ONLY difference was that the one has green shutters/door and the other has maroon...and people are paying big money for them.

OH I HATE THOSE!!!:rolleyes:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Getting played by some fuck-ass guy who doesn't have the balls to admit he isn't any better than the shit on his shoes!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Things that really piss me off?-

People at the gym who don't wipe off their sweat from the equipment.
People butting in lines. (this is a real problem where I live)
Men asking me to have sex with their wife or gf.
Parents who yell at, or don't listen to their children.
Cold wet weather.
People making judgements about other peoples or nations, without ever having been there. (French bashers is an example)
People who think war is cool or fun or easy.
Most Republicans and many Democrats.
Guys who repeatedly start "size" threads.
Toilet paper coming off the bottom of the roll instead of the top.

That's just a starter list! LOL!!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh yeah, this is another of mine, too! I like a house with some character.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Employees handing you your change with bills first then coins on top. (Coins should be given first so you can put it in the palm of your hand and clinch it while you put the folding money in your wallet or pocket.) Many times the coins fall to the floor.

This is just one of many pet peeves I have but I was shopping today and a quarter went under the counter at the store. I guess the clerk knew I was pissed as she handed me another one out of the register.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Employees handing you your change with bills first then coins on top. (Coins should be given first so you can put it in the palm of your hand and clinch it while you put the folding money in your wallet or pocket.) Many times the coins fall to the floor.

This is just one of many pet peeves I have but I was shopping today and a quarter went under the counter at the store. I guess the clerk knew I was pissed as she handed me another one out of the register.

That annoys me too. I suppose they're putting the coins on last so I have the opportunity to count them, though. Considering the math skills of many cashiers, this isn't completely a bad thing.