Prince Harry's Racist Video

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't think that those are racist attacks; my best friend, who is black, calls me vanilla and I call him chocolate. IMO, it's different if you're doing it to someone's face!

We all hold racial or ethnic stereotypes to some extent. Maybe most of us are a 3 or a 4 on the 100-point Hitler scale, but those beliefs are still there. I will freely admit that I probably have SOME stereotypical beliefs about other racial and ethnic groups than my own. And I have run into others who had predetermined attitudes about me 'cause I'm a white, middle-aged man.

Even though those feelings are pretty harmless, I go out of my way to check nmy beliefs, and not assume that people agree with me ... and to react to all others as individuals.

The really dumbass part of this is that someone should have gotten to Harry earlier than this and shut him the hell up. Just because he's filthy rich and a fucking prince is no reason for him not to get metaphorically slapped upside the head by someone he'll listen to.

You can't, as a potential future world leader, go running around calling people ragheads. You can do around your close personal friends. You can't do it in public. The problem is not that we don't all have perfect beliefs or agree with each other, the problem is that the prince is engaging in bad behavior.

First of all: the chance that he's going to become king is pretty small. Unless William has an accident or so, I don't think he'll ever be king.
As soon as William has kids, Harry goes down in the line for the throne.

And he didn't do it in public, he did it around his friends. I'm pretty sure it was never his intention to have this video on the internet.

I'm not saying it was right for him to do it. But some people call racism way too soon. As a prince, he should be extra careful about what he says.

But the only reason this is big news is because he's a prince. Much worse things happen every day, heck, even every minute! Focussing on something one person says and calling him a racist is ridiculous.

Yes...he's a prince, but as some of you said yourself: He's just like the rest of us: human.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To the poster who said " We should not judge him" Bullshit, of course we should judge him. A racist remark is a racist remark, no matter who says it. What you are saying is it's OK because he is part of the Royal Family, that's insane. Then do we say it's OK if someone is a celebrity? How about if they are really rich? Is it OK then? If he were a member of LPSG and made such a remark on the board I can tell you it would have been reported and he would have heard from someone from the moderating/administration board of LPSG. It's a shame we don't have a Terms of Service regarding conduct in everyday life.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

They are soooo embarressing!!!

They are supposed to be ambassadors for our country!!!

That boy really needs to reign himself in!! But he is sooooo spoilt so I doubt its gonna happen.

I prefer William, lovely down to earth lad!!!

x's for William!!

Sometimes it can be confusing im my experience, i had moved home a while ago and called at a shop in my new area, the shop keeper was from Pakistan, he was talking about the neighbourhood etc and told me his name was Paki Harry and thats what he calls himself and so does everybody else, nice guy, down to earth etc.

Yes in Britain an asian newsagents is universally known by most peole and referred to as a Pakki shop!! But I wonder who else will admit it! No I don't call people Pakkis and am not a racist, have had friends of every race!!!

No answers on a postcard please!! Just stating a fact!!

I am Known as snowdrop or the Milky bar kid amongst my close black mates, doesn't bother me,

No it wouldn't bother me either!!

But I guess it depends how sensitive you are and everyone is different!!!

never thought about it, is that a racist attack on me ?.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I clearly stated that I thought it was wrong.

But if it was just a soldier nobody knew, then there wouldn't be all this fuss about it.
It wouldn't haven been posted on this site at all.

You say that everyone is the same and that all things should be judged the same.
Fine, where are all the vids of soldiers that say things that are way worse? There are a lot of the internet, yet I haven't seen any of those yet.

It's wrong, I agree, but it has been blown up because he's a prince.

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I clearly stated that I thought it was wrong.

But if it was just a soldier nobody knew, then there wouldn't be all this fuss about it.
It wouldn't haven been posted on this site at all.

You say that everyone is the same and that all things should be judged the same.
Fine, where are all the vids of soldiers that say things that are way worse? There are a lot of the internet, yet I haven't seen any of those yet.

It's wrong, I agree, but it has been blown up because he's a prince.

Yes!!! But he is an ambassador for our country....So you would think he would make less of a dickhead of himself!!!! :frown1:

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, I am an American but to me this,

“I’ve got to go, got to go. Send my love to the corgis. Send my love to the corgis and Grandpa. God Save You.”

Is nothing but that wonderful British humor we all love. Give the guy a break.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just my thoughts...

Strange that this video surfaced three years after it was filmed. Who know how much Harry has matured since that time? Keep in mind though that he is still a young man and young men continue to make mistakes in life, and hopefully learn from them, until they find their place in life. Having said that, Harry himself has admitted that he's a bit thick, much as his mother had admitted herself in an interview.

"Paki" is an inflammatory word in the UK but like all words, the meaning depends on its context. In the video, it's used among friends and Harry doesn't appear to be using it in malice or derogatorily. We don't even know if his friend Ahmed finds the term offensive or not.

"Raghead" is another word that has offensive an meaning but it's also one used in the military to denote Arabic enemies.

As for some of the other stuff in the video... people getting upset about the joke phone call with his grandmother, the Queen? It thought it was somewhat funny. And the question about the color of his pubes? That was obviously a joke as well.

Should Harry watch what he says and does? Yes, but in this circumstance the video was certainly meant for his military friends and should be understood in that context. It's not as if he called someone on the street "you Paki" and far as we know, he hasnt called anyone a Paki in the three years since the video was shot.

Cowabanga

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would agree the terms use is racist, but I also realize that in the military its tradition to treat everyone like shit. dehumanizing your enemy is the first step before shooting them. The military have a way of encouraging this from basic training. You have more self abuse in the military then most other organization. From smoking, to drinking, and from foul mouthing is all about realeasing yourself from being proper discilpline trained soldier.

I think before you get into ethics of PC in the military you have to get into the ethics of military, and what that means to the soul of that person once you kill another person. Not to say we don't need to defend ourselves, but to have a leeway of understanding of what is meant to be a soldier, and double for Harry for being a prince to soldier, what it means for him to blend in with them for survival in the fields.

As for being an ambassador of his country in regard to Harry upholding high standards is a very tall order that you hope he can take, but in the end he is only human, and join the rest of the average foul mouth uncouth soldiers.

Last edited:

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Mohamed Al Fayed reckons the Royal Family are the most racist family in the uk and its the Duke of Edinburgh that runs the country. He tells MI5 what to do and they control the Prime Minister.

He also reckons it was the Duke of Edinburgh that arranged the death of Princess Diana by telling MI5 to kill her. They did so by blinding the driver of her car with an intense flash of light so he could'nt see. Eye witnesses say two guys on a motor bike dashed infront of the car and there was an intense bright flash, much brighter than that of a camera and then the car swerved and crashed.

It does'nt surprise me Harry is like this.

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I never said it was a fact. I said Mohamed Al Fayed reckoned. This is the same guy that cant get British Citizenship yet employs a British workforce, pays tax and owns Harrods ... something is wrong somewhere.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Diana was with his son. And she took every penny Charles had.
It's understandable that the royal family was unhappy about that. It is possible that they use their power to deny al-fayed citizenship, after all... he's the father of the guy who was with the woman who took everything from the crown prince. But I don't think they would kill Dodi and Diana.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
None of us know this for sure ...
That Al Fayed speaks nonsense? Well, look at your own account of his beliefs.

Mohamed Al Fayed reckons the Royal Family are the most racist family in the uk and its the Duke of Edinburgh that runs the country. He tells MI5 what to do and they control the Prime Minister.

Can you believe anything after the word 'uk'? (I don't believe the first sentence, either, but who knows?)

He also reckons it was the Duke of Edinburgh that arranged the death of Princess Diana by telling MI5 to kill her.

Do you really think Philip has control of MI5? I know I don't.

They did so by blinding the driver of her car with an intense flash of light so he could'nt see. Eye witnesses say two guys on a motor bike dashed infront of the car and there was an intense bright flash, much brighter than that of a camera and then the car swerved and crashed.

Well, now this account is given and immediately takes on a certain reality, whether it ever happened or not.
But really ... if you wanted to kill someone, wouldn't you find a method more likely to succeed than that one?
(You can say, 'Well, IF someone did that, it certainly suceeded." Fine. But we have only an unsupported assertion than anyone did that.)

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Diana was with his son. And she took every penny Charles had.

Surely you don't believe that she took every cent he had. Far from it, Gl3nn.

It's understandable that the royal family was unhappy about that. It is possible that they use their power to deny al-fayed citizenship, after all... he's the father of the guy who was with the woman who took everything from the crown prince. But I don't think they would kill Dodi and Diana.

I agree 100 percent.
(I doubt, though, that they are the impediment to Al Fayed's getting citizenship. Maybe I'm naive.)

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The point i am making is no one will ever know, thats why i said ' he reckoned ' we will all believe what we want to believe in. And i for one believe she was killed by other means than an accident.