Public nudity

Rustyridge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do you think guys would be more open to nuidity in the USA if they were not circumcised? Is the shyness and towel dancing in locker rooms just because they don't want to show their penis head?
I know we have some pretty screwy laws on public nudity now and no one wants to be taged as a sex offender. Just a thought.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Asheville (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think its based on our ideas around homosexuality, or really just sexuality in general, and the fact that the country was founded on puritanism. Even though a lot of us don't directly feel the shame that is a result of that puritanism, it seems like there is a still shame felt even if only on a sub conscious level.

Also, if the guys are doing a good job of keeping themselves covered then you really don't know if they have a foreskin or not. When I was first starting to change in gym class I felt shame about being one of the only guys with a foreskin. I feel like that lead me to cover up more at that time, though, it could have just been an age thing.

bigbucky

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think circumcision has anything to do with it. I'm a "boomer" and grew up in a time when mass showering was the norm. we all took a shower after gym class and the towel they gave you was small. they gave you the towel after you took a shower. some guys tried to change clothes in their locker and walk around with their hands over their junk. most of us said "fuck it" and walked around like we had clothes on. I'm glad I am hung but didn't go around flaunting it. and there was no need. it "flaunts" itself. there were some guys who caught abuse but the teachers/coaches were there to stop any of that.

pdxjoe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't think circumcision has anything to do with it. I'm a "boomer" and grew up in a time when mass showering was the norm. we all took a shower after gym class and the towel they gave you was small. they gave you the towel after you took a shower. some guys tried to change clothes in their locker and walk around with their hands over their junk. most of us said "fuck it" and walked around like we had clothes on. I'm glad I am hung but didn't go around flaunting it. and there was no need. it "flaunts" itself. there were some guys who caught abuse but the teachers/coaches were there to stop any of that.
I am also a " boomer" with the same experience in the locker room I will add that we saw the range of penis sizes from peanut to horse dick, for the most part after the first few times it became as if we were clothed as in any other class no big deal.

AMTZ410213

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think the circumcision issue is more subconscious than people realize. Even though most circumcised American men don’t know what it’s like to ever have the protection of a foreskin, it still makes me feel vulnerable in a way to have that most sensitive part of my body exposed. I also think it ties into what @ronin001 said about pervs. I would certainly feel less exposed to unwanted stares from pervs if I had a foreskin to cover up my tip with.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
The foreskin is a part of the penis. Whether someone looks at an exposed head or looks at the covered head of an intact penis then they are still looking at the penis.

I personally feel no difference in exposure whether my foreskin is forward or retracted. The only exception to this is that in a locker room my head would only really be exposed if I were washing up, or if I had gotten erect.

AMTZ410213

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The only exception to this is that in a locker room my head would only really be exposed if I were washing up, or if I had gotten erect.
I think this is the key point right here. Always having the head exposed messes with your brain at a very low level the same way a “door ajar” light on the dashboard of your car would mess with you because your car has no doors to begin with. Cut guys are aware of being exposed even if they don’t know of any other way.

I think this is the key point right here. Always having the head exposed messes with your brain at a very low level the same way a “door ajar” light on the dashboard of your car would mess with you because your car has no doors to begin with. Cut guys are aware of being exposed even if they don’t know of any other way.
I agree man. I think there is a lot of subconscious stuff going on. Whether people believe it or not. I don’t go around naked all the time, but I can tell you I feel more comfortable in front of people when covered up.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Do you think guys would be more open to nuidity in the USA if they were not circumcised? Is the shyness and towel dancing in locker rooms just because they don't want to show their penis head?
I know we have some pretty screwy laws on public nudity now and no one wants to be taged as a sex offender. Just a thought.

That's silly.

Reactions: cr625

Also, prople may not notice a difference, who is to say there isn’t a psychological effect? Such as raised stress levels - to the point of baseline change, sure it feels normal if you were like that all the time. My hated circ argument, they won’t miss it, they don’t know any better.

Considering they have noticed permanent psychological changes to cut infants (like the lowering of the pain threshold).

I think the USA is to uptight and self righteous towards nudity as a whole. ....as far a being uncut or cut... who cares. .... it's cool seeing both sides.
People who are cut and didn’t have the choice and want back what shouldn’t have been taken for no good reason. I’m pretty sure they care.

Reactions: Notsobigbutenough

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
My observation is that only in the last 15-20 years have American males been doing the towel dance and covering up their "nakedness" in the locker room. My first experiences in the locker room was that it seemed very natural for men to be naked together. I have seen guys of all ages hanging around, watching tv, playing chess, sitting in the sauna, Jacuzzi, pool, showering together and all the time nude. These were males of all ages, body types and races. I have seen some of the same men who were very comfortable being nude around the locker room, sauna, hot tub, showers, etc start doing the towel dance or changing in a toilet stall or shower with the curtain pulled.

By what my dad and grandfathers told me men in their day were comfortable with nudity. I don't understand why over all the USA and other places suddenly got self-conscious.

What changed?

td6online

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was talking to my 23 year-old son about how guys his age will wait in line for a toilet stall versus going to a urinal in public restrooms. It's even more obvious when you go to a (somewhat older) sporting event venue and the restrooms have a trough-style setup with no partitions between you and the next guy. He said that many guys his age will avoid those situations because all it takes is one person to pull out their phone and snap a picture and send it out instantly. It is a trust issue that many guys aren't willing to take and have their junk texted out in seconds. It was an interesting conversation about the digital age we live in and the perspectives younger people have about it.

I was talking to my 23 year-old son about how guys his age will wait in line for a toilet stall versus going to a urinal in public restrooms. It's even more obvious when you go to a (somewhat older) sporting event venue and the restrooms have a trough-style setup with no partitions between you and the next guy. He said that many guys his age will avoid those situations because all it takes is one person to pull out their phone and snap a picture and send it out instantly. It is a trust issue that many guys aren't willing to take and have their junk texted out in seconds. It was an interesting conversation about the digital age we live in and the perspectives younger people have about it.
I was always shy at troughs. Nothing to do with the digital age, however, I can see that. I’m 36.

IntactMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure

That's kind of side stepping the point. My point is that to an uncircumcised man, being exposed means having the head covered with the foreskin. It's still an exposed penis since the foreskin is a part of the penis.