Question about pc problem

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
If you look out of the window of a passing train,
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont know what I have...well the numbers about it...if is the numbers you want..

Processor 2.00GHz, 797 MHz, 1.00 GB of ram

and 797MHz is the speed your processor is running! :) (I'll explain or someone else will if you want to know why, the figures will be different every time you open the system properties.)
1GB should be enough...
and as for storage space, do you mean 56gb free or used?

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
and 797MHz is the speed your processor is running! :) (I'll explain or someone else will if you want to know why, the figures will be different every time you open the system properties.)
1GB should be enough...
and as for storage space, do you mean 56gb free or used?

Free...

And I have questions:

Bcause went upgrade MSN messenger 2 days ago now I have 2 of them...1 win messenger and the other win live messenger...there are 2 different boxes...than: can I delete the old one or it will mess up the new somehow?

Ah..and about my sounds problems, since the new MSN messenger came in sound did not desapered any more....:smile:

And about this 'Rhapsody' free music? Is it good for something? Can I trash it?

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
has anybody suggested using the 'system restore' feature in windows? you can easily rollback your system to a selected date (e.g. when the problem did not exist). i've performed this operation a few times with success when i couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with my computer.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
has anybody suggested using the 'system restore' feature in windows? you can easily rollback your system to a selected date (e.g. when the problem did not exist). i've performed this operation a few times with success when i couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with my computer.

Thank u..

My ex bf did this thing a month a go..but I just paid for my Norton renew and took ages to set up this new MSN...and all the info and pass words..that I dont want to 'loose' that...

I will call technician...because it is becaming to dificult to deal with even the help you nice people are giving me...I'm not confident enough and dont understand many simple tasks you guys tell me to do..:redface:

I'm procrastinating in calling the technician... but I can not resolve the situation by myself..I admit...:rolleyes:

Thank you everybody for all the help and many suggestions!:smile:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm procrastinating in calling the technician... but I can not resolve the situation by myself..I admit...:rolleyes:

My number is 1-800-call-a-cock....oh wait, wrong number.....checking flights to Brazil........

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My number is 1-800-call-a-cock....oh wait, wrong number.....checking flights to Brazil........

Q hon..you dont need to go international...take a simple domestic flight...ok, here what's need to be done:...leave your building...look in the direction of Mex border..open your arms and feel the brise..the left one will be pointing east...take east flight..maintain south..all the way...keep in mind that I'm not a real mairmaid...no need to enter ocean waters...:wink:

Ok..next instructions will be inside your left pair of shoe after it rolled over from security machine at airport..:cool:

My problematic machine will be waiting for your tech assistance.

Thanks and bon voyage...:biggrin1:

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Q hon..you dont need to go international...take a simple domestic flight...ok, here what's need to be done:...leave your building...look in the direction of Mex border..open your arms and feel the brise..the left one will be pointing east...take east flight..maintain south..all the way...keep in mind that I'm not a real mairmaid...no need to enter ocean waters...:wink:

Ok..next instructions will be inside your left pair of shoe after it rolled over from security machine at airport..:cool:

My problematic machine will be waiting for your tech assistance.

Thanks and bon voyage...:biggrin1:

Why did I think you were in Brazil?? Hmmm...Miami here I come?????

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks..

I did clean temp. files and did the scan...it took almost 1h in phase 4..the only thing that happens was 2 messages about screensaver could not be show bcause something was in use....

In C: I have 56,0 GB and total size is 67,5 GB

LOL...i got some problems to get on 'there' because I was not clicking left...I like use right and the left just to paste.

An hour to do the scan and clean ? Woof, that computer needs help. I wonder how much red the defrag tool shows ?

Answers.com

This example shows one that doesn't have much red space but the white space are non-contiguous space . BTW, never let your hdd get 15 % full or less, Partition Magic won't be able to resize it and Windows will be hard pressed to defrag the hdd @ 85% full, under that and it won't have enough space to read, write and rewrite.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay

Your own personal Dell Gold technical support right here, Gisella! :biggrin1:

I'm not going to read the whole thread sweetheart.

Easily put, your problem is either software or hardware. Since it works sometimes, it sounds like a software issue to me, or it could very well be your sound card going out. What kind of system do you have? Do you have integrated sound or do you have an expansion card? Do you even know?

If you have a Dell, give me your service tag (it's on a sticker on the back of the system) and I'll look it up when I get back to work tomorrow to see what components are in your system and what kind of contract you have.

I've already read one reply telling you to go to the configuration utility and they forgot to ask you to hide all microsoft services before disabling any of the services.

This is the first thing you need to do:
  • Go to start
  • Then run
  • Type in "msconfig"
  • First go to the startup tab and disable all.
  • Now go to the the services tab and click on hide all microsoft services near the bottom left. It's so important that you check this box first, otherwise you will fuck up your operating system.
  • Now go to disable all.
  • Now go to close.
  • Your system will automatically reboot at this point.
  • Once the system opens windows again, a notification will appear telling you that someone has changed settings in the configuration utility. Just click "Don't show me this again." and close it.
  • Now when windows comes up, the configuration utility will open again, just close it.
If doing this solves the problem, then it's definitely some kind of software interfering with your sound. If this doesn't solve the issue, we can go from there, but this is the first thing you need to do.

*edit* ok..I went and read the thread now. Some of the stuff people are asking you to do...........lol....is not going to do anything to fix this. It'll certainly clean up your system though.

I'm confused?

All your sounds work sometimes? or is it JUST windows media player? When you turn on the system, does it generate the windows startup sound?

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your own personal Dell Gold technical support right here, Gisella! :biggrin1:

Uh-Oh...Dell Support. Be careful. Heather will have you reformatting you hard drive and reinstalling windows before its over !

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks Transformer..Heather wow, but mine is a Sony vaio...

And I found my tech assist. card finally I have to make the call ..the situation now is to let the pc go to the hospitall...:rolleyes:

Funny that I can't let him go for treatment and be apart from it...:eek:

I'm thinking ...:worried:

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
And I found my tech assist. card finally I have to make the call ..the situation now is to let the pc go to the hospitall...:rolleyes:

So the issue is the hardware itself? Send it to the hospital?!?!?! No, no, no, no. It's terribly easy to charge parts in portables. If you want, I can find the teardown for it online.

Uh-Oh...Dell Support. Be careful. Heather will have you reformatting you hard drive and reinstalling windows before its over !

I know you're joking but reformatting for a sound card issue?....lol no.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So the issue is the hardware itself? Send it to the hospital?!?!?! No, no, no, no. It's terribly easy to charge parts in portables. If you want, I can find the teardown for it online.

The 'card' is the protection plan..assistance..coverages for services and products..

The situation Heather that I'm new to pc's world and I for sure have been 'stabing' it as using it...now is maybe a mess on it...basic things for you guys I have no ideia...and it was a present and it was paid extra for the tech assistance..than as much I want to known more and do it myself..is complicated in my head...

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So the card itself has been determined to be the problem? The sound card is failing?

I dont know..but since I download the latest MSN the sound did not fail to 'come' together starts pc (since last thrusday) but once...but now I somehow have 2 MSN...one new that works and the other old that does not..:confused:

The problem i can't determine...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont know..but since I download the latest MSN the sound did not fail to 'come' together starts pc (since last thrusday) but once...but now I somehow have 2 MSN...one new that works and the other old that does not..:confused:

The problem i can't determine...

You have to upgrade the version you currently have, or completely uninstall it, reboot and install the new one, otherwise conflicts and dlls won't load right and it'll be, well, fucked up. I suggest backup the data and your personal files and reload the Sony rescue disk. Windows and even OS X needs to be shutdown and rebooted whenever something new goes on it. It's a pain, but necessary. If you get sound at all, with integrated sound, it either works or it doesn't and chances are with the motherboard, the whole thing doesn't work for very long. You can alwyas reload Windows Media Player too. But since this is this far and not knowing what's happened to it over the last 10 months, a clean install isn't a bad idea.