Seeing a buddy’s dick

In general I am quite shy and I do not feel comfortable naked or seeing other people naked. That is particularly true if I know the people around. Maybe that is the case of your friend. If that's it, do not worry, neither of you did something wrong. Just learn from it and try to avoid putting him again in an uncomfortable situation.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
He could also be uncomfortable because of the fact society sometimes judges men when it comes to genitals (why I hear there's a whole website out there where men brag about their penis size :laughing:).

Similar to what @ronin001 said about some men not wanting to reveal their wealth even if it's substantial, there are some who keep it private for the opposite reason and are embarrassed they don't make enough. So in a culture where some think their value depends on not only how much they have to spend, but also on how much they have in their pants, it be could some people aren't comfortable seeing other guys naked if they perceive those same guys as bigger than them.

Then again, he just could be naturally modest. For myself, not growing up with casual nudity, I was uncomfortable being around other naked dudes the first time I found myself in such a situation (also military related) and even to this day, unless I am at place where people are specifically naked for sexual purposes, I rather not be around a bunch of other guys who are causal about nudity, though it would not bother me at the same time as I've become much more blasé about it then I used to be.

Did you also bother to think that since he is straight but knows you are bi, that he could be uncomfortable with you be being nude around him due to him thinking you might have an ulterior motive, even if that is not the case? Even someone who seems accepting might still think you could be sending him mixed messages by insisting being nude around him or even think you are pressuring him to be nude himself with you since you say all your other friends have no problem with getting naked with you and using it for "bonding". But in the end, it really doesn't matter as to the why he feels this way, I would just respect his feelings and try to cover up whenever you two are together. If he is a true friend, there is more important things to your relationship than this one little thing getting in the way.

nicnic

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So I am very comfortable with my body and normally, all of close friends will see me naked at one time or another. I am bi but most of my friends are straight. 99% of them as mentioned have seen me naked and don’t care. However, I have one friend who got weird about me being naked. Essentially, he was very uncomfortable and asked that if we stay in a room together at an event or something that I essentially cover up because he doesn’t want to see it if he doesn’t have to. For me, It’s almost like a bonding experience and my other friends do the same with me except this one specific friend. I have to also mention that I am prior military so seeing another dudes dick is extremely normal. I’m upset with myself because I made him uncomfortable, but should seeing another dudes dick make you that uncomfortable??? So for the straight guys, does it bother you to see your friends dick?
Sounds like he's uncomfortable with himself and his own feelings. That's not really about your penis, it's about his brain.

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So I am very comfortable with my body and normally, all of close friends will see me naked at one time or another. I am bi but most of my friends are straight. 99% of them as mentioned have seen me naked and don’t care. However, I have one friend who got weird about me being naked. Essentially, he was very uncomfortable and asked that if we stay in a room together at an event or something that I essentially cover up because he doesn’t want to see it if he doesn’t have to. For me, It’s almost like a bonding experience and my other friends do the same with me except this one specific friend. I have to also mention that I am prior military so seeing another dudes dick is extremely normal. I’m upset with myself because I made him uncomfortable, but should seeing another dudes dick make you that uncomfortable??? So for the straight guys, does it bother you to see your friends dick?
Don’t fall into the trap of overthinking this.

people have all sorts of preferences. To you, casual nudity might be a bonding experience. And with most of your friends they might not care.

but if this particular friend does care, it really doesn’t matter way.

when sharing a common space (hotel room on a trip, for example), it’s up to both parties to be respectful of reasonable requests. And “not being naked unless you have to be” is a reasonable request.

he could have an issue with nudity for any sort of reason. It could be his upbringing. His religion. His comfort level with his or others bodies. He could see nudity as sexual no matter the context. He could have a history of sexual abuse. He could be struggling with sexuality. It could be anything.

but if you’re his friend, it shouldn’t matter. Just respect his request.

now, he says don’t be nude in the locker room as you shower and change…. That’s not a reasonable request. Then the script gets flipped and he’s trying to impose his comfort onto you.

XelCEsp

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Haven't seen dicks in the same sexual scenario where I was at (MFM threesomes) but I have seen dicks at the same place (the usual for men who do some or much sport or go to nude beaches).
I think these places have made some men to be more tolerant. And I have to say that is not a problem for me.
Thanks to that 10% : )

sammer

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am comfortable being naked and i don't care if others are naked around me. Thats me tho...
With that said i understand that many people are not comfortable being naked or having other people naked around them. My general rule is do my thing get undressed and then dressed and not linger around naked or do things naked especially around people i don't know or who seem bothered or awkward around nudity. Also if i can help it i will generally just seek privacy if its such a big a deal to other people. If the environment presents its self as free or open or not a big deal i will go about my business just the same but with way less concern or rush. I think it's just wise to read the room, feel the vibe, and use good judgement.

Jjdov27_2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is totally the way I think as well. When in a common area like a locker room or showers, those areas exist for a purpose. And the purpose is to get cleaned up and change. Not to provide lounge space for communal nudity.

the issues are with the extremes. You expect a certain amount of glancing and head nodding in a space of casual male nudity. But when folks use that space to openly flaunt themselves or creep on other folks, that creates a negative vibe very quickly. And men sense that the normal workman like nudity they should be comfortable with has a different connotation in this environment. That some folks are making it a “sexualized” space.

but everybody’s tolerance is different. What is casual and what is sexualized is very grey (beyond the obvious)… which is what leads to mismatches like between you and your friend. Things you consider to be casual, he’s not comfortable with. And things he might consider sexualized, you think are no big deal.

ricd250584

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i would not mind, I would not flaunt it, but I guess it comes to comfort and respecting one’s comfort. For me it came as I got older, was shy when I was younger but now I’m just not phased. Friends have seen me, and seen my friends, yeah it’s part of the male bonding experience in a way but in the end it comes down to respect.
guess respect your friends wishes

MarriedCountryDad

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Comfortable if the friend is comfortable.

I go with friends to workout all the time. Lockers beside each problem. No problem.

Few times I have travelled with friends I just ask their comfort level with changing in the same room, etc. I say I’m fine going to the bathroom to do it if they preferred.

Linkguy13

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Not at all, but I am also prior military Army.

Leedsmarriedjerkbro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I had a similar thing so I play rugby and comfortable with nudity. And I’ve seen my mate (he doesn’t play rugby, know him from uni) naked a few times in locker rooms etc. We both sleep naked normally and then we shared a hotel room and I slept naked and was fine with nudity and he slept in shorts and put underwear on in the bathroom. When I walked from the bathroom to the bed naked he made a comment about putting it away. I respected his wishes not to be naked but was still open with the walking to bathroom etc. it’s just about being respectful of other guys mate

Linkguy13

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I had a similar thing so I play rugby and comfortable with nudity. And I’ve seen my mate (he doesn’t play rugby, know him from uni) naked a few times in locker rooms etc. We both sleep naked normally and then we shared a hotel room and I slept naked and was fine with nudity and he slept in shorts and put underwear on in the bathroom. When I walked from the bathroom to the bed naked he made a comment about putting it away. I respected his wishes not to be naked but was still open with the walking to bathroom etc. it’s just about being respectful of other guys mate
Being mindful of others.

Reactions: RJ5on1 and kev2001

Egg Man

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Being mindful of others.
I had an interesting experience…have a friend that I’ve known forever. We have showered together numerous time working out or sports. We shared a dorm room in college. Frequently fully changed clothes in front of each other including full nudity. we often sleep nude, but would put on underwear/shorts when getting out of bed. Never really lingered together naked, but also never was particular shy about being naked.

always personally felt really close and bonded with my friend.

after college, I went over to his place we were chatting and ready to go out for the evening toge . The chatting brought us into his bedroom. He needed to change. I just kept talking (and wasn’t reading the room correctly). He eventually asked me to leave the bedroom so he could change.

I didn’t make any big deal about, just said sorry and waited in the living room. Just understanding the new rule in our relationship.

looking back upon the situation, I missed the casualness and freedom of shared nudity with a good friend.