sex after a vasectomy

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
For those who have had a vasectomy how long did you wait until you had sex again? Was you first ejaculation through mastubation or sexual intercourse and did you experience any kind of pain or discomfort leading up to and during orgasm?

I may have this procedure in the future and am curious what other guys experiences were right after

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I had to wait a week after mine. I have never noticed any pain from sex since then, and it was 11 years ago. If you've had a root canal you've been through more than you'll go through during and after a vasectomy. Got any more questions? Ask 'em here. There are lots of guys on this board who've had theirs.

D_B_Wildered

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey,

I could only wait 2 or 3 days before I needed a wank. Sex had to wait about a week but that was because my wife was more worried about me that I was! Had to avoid my balls banging around to much but apart from that it was fine. Certainly there is a bit of bruising around your balls afrer the op but no pain when actually ejaculating and the bruising only lasted a week or so. Best bit of the op was getting the all clear 12 weeks later and shooting a deep, condom free load into my wife - and everytime since.

Have the op and then fuck worry free is my advice

piercedjobbie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
3 days - but before confirmation from the doctor that it worked and then used a condom. On day 4 it was no condom. There was no pain and no discomfort aside from the immediate recouperation. I watched the whole procedure and other than the very cold metal plate it was pretty easy.

funnyguy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Same day! lol :biggrin1::biggrin1: I am such a horny guy. But I did use a condom-just to be sure!

D_PNessMann

Account Disabled
Media
My Dr. told me I needed 15 ejaculations before I would be considered sterile...To clear the pipe often.....So it took 2 days....ha J/K. about a week for me.. a very long week.

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Naturally, one of the first questions you ask when embarking on a voyage like a vasectomy, which is life changing in so many different ways, is how soon after can I get back to using my equipment? The surgeon who performed my op said, ‘as soon as you feel comfortable.’

To some that may sound like a cop out, but in reality, it’s the only answer. To help put this in perspective, let me say that vasectomy was the new contraceptive when I had mine and consequently being the latest vogue it was widely talked about. Therefore I knew several guys that had just had a vasectomy or were about to. They ranged from guys that wanted it done to guys who’s wives wanted them to have it done and consequently, they had different attitudes and approached things differently too.

I welcomed mine for so many different reasons. I had two kids that no matter what, couldn’t be replaced and I felt that no matter what, I didn’t want to father any more. There was also controversy over the ‘pill’ at the time, it being linked with thrombosis. Nor was it known what effect taking the pill would have on future generations of children and I also felt morally obliged to take responsibility. My brother-in-law, on the other hand, didn’t have the same views. He was coerced in to having his vasectomy and suffered greatly after. He experienced severe bruising and even though the stitches had long fallen out he had trouble getting an erection and it took several months before he was performing properly again. The worst experience I had was visiting the toilet once I arrived home shortly after the op. As I stood over the pan it crossed my mind that my equipment might drop off as I let go my water and I suddenly came over faint and had to sit down. I’m glad to say everything staid where it was and waking up the next day with a morning wood we took it for a gentle test drive.

The irony was that after my first marriage broke down, I had to go back to using condoms (which to me is like having a bath with your socks on) for five years in the interest of safe sex. However it was worth waiting and to end up with the diamond I have now.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My ex husband was advised the more he had sex the quicker he'd be sterile, we had sex the day he had his vasectomy but it was very gingerly and I had to stay still - all in a good cause though :) He was very tender but not in any great pain he said.

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think my dr suggested two weeks. I masturbated before to rid myself of seed. I had no problems at all afterwards.... except the little incisions at the sides of my sac itched once in a while for a long long time.

OPPinSLC

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yea, for me it was about a week until the pain/brusing from the procedure was gone. But you do have to wait about a month before all the sperm are gone. Until then you should still use whatever form of birth control you are using now. It's been awhile since mine, but I don't remember any pain during ejaculation. Now I joke that I'm just like a navel orange, all juice and no seeds ;) lol

seahorses

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So what happens to all the sperm your still making if they cant escape through ejaculation? Do you notice a change in your balls themselves?

Sperm has to be of the highest quality to stand any chance of impregnating a woman. The production of sperm is an on going process in a man’s body to ensure it’s at its best and as new sperm is being added to the store the older sperm past its use by date at the other end is absorbed back into the body; a natural phenomena. Through having a vasectomy the sperm has no way out other than by absorption back into the body