• I stand and I am form the rest of the world

Votes: 28 6.5%

• Total voters

MysticMedusa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Welcome to LPSG! I'm sure you will get along famously here. Be sure to make lots of friends and play nice with others and you will do just fine.

You are a sweetie pie. Mean it. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the 9 month late welcome. I really appreciate it. Now bugger off before I stop playing nice and turn you to stone.

MysticMedusa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
To the OP - apologies for shotly hijacking your thread with public urination debate. As for your issue with your girlfriend, like others have stated it really is a question of cleanliness. No matter how clean you keep your bathroom at some point the smell will impregnate something, be it the grout between the tiles, the wall, etc.. but I can understand how surprising and frustrating it may be for you to be asked to change a lifelong habit as intrinsic as your urination preferences.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cant refrain ..
i am sure ALL the Mods will have taken note xy
you dont need my support of course, but as you will know, more than a few hundred members will see your posts with a certain amount of credibility, earnt over time

and i can well imagine exactly how you made your original post .. i would post the exact same

MysticMedusa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It is a sticky subject but I felt compelled to voice. As far as I understand we are living in 2012 and not the Middle Ages.

Maybe I should start a thread on public urination.. but wait - do you think I have enough credibility to do so? ;)

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
so its possible also, if the Parent neglected telling / showing you, unless you learnt from other male persons

Unfortunately I didn't have that experience of peers to imitate, and I'm sure some others didn't, either. I never used a public restroom as I was growing up, including during all 12 years of school. Learned to hold it in, so I was in college before I saw someone stand up to pee. As I mentioned, it didn't feel quite right to try it and I'm only still getting used to it.

Boy dogs and girl dogs urinate differently, though I've seen a couple of male dogs squat to pee. Do they learn what to do from each other? I doubt it. Even a male puppy raised alone seems to instinctively raise a leg at a certain age. But humans... nah, I think that unless you're raised out in the country you have to be shown by someone to stand to pee at a toilet.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
nah, I think that unless you're raised out in the country you have to be shown by someone to stand to pee at a toilet.

Has been a real interesting learning experience of other folks behaviours this has gymfresh, truly..
appreciate it, and will add i was raised on a commercial garden, so outdoors thruout my first 20 odd years
tbh
i cant really recall just when / how i got to stand peeing, sooooo to some degree having always known of it as such, guess i assumed every male just auto stood.
Cheers .. and ta for the thread OP

itakemyvitamins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When given the urinal option, I stand. Urinals are designed for standing (although, most could be SOOO MUCH improved!)

At home, I sit. Toilets are designed for sitting. Regardless of how accurately you control your stream of piss, there is splashing...period. It may not be much, but it is there and, over time, will accumulate. Perhaps you don't clean your toilet and are not familiar with the migratory habits of urine once it has left your body, but, rest assured, a portion will eschew the porcelain-walled confines you so naively assume it will call home.

Reactions: lelyal

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I like to use urinals more than toilets. Wish my bathroom had one.

At home, i both stand or sit depending on my mood at the given moment. When I stand to pee, the backsplash creates a mist that coats the rim of the toilet and the surrounding area. It's unavoidable, and it makes my bathroom smell like urine. I have to clean more often if I don't want the smell. It's fun to stand and hear the sound of the pee stream hitting the water and watch the bubbles turn to foam, yet it's easier to sit and not have to deal with the smell.

Mushrhoom

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I stand. I've got a fully-tiled Asian style bathroom. It gets hosed down for cleaning every day. A little overspray while peeing is inconsequential.

Standing is easier - just unzip. Dropping your pants risks getting them dirty or wet.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I couldn't respond to your poll, as I do both. For one thing, I NEVER sit at the urinal, nor when peeing outdoors. As for the toilet for most of my adult life I have preferred to sit, largely for reasons already stated in this thread. During my teenage years I underwent a tremendous growth spurt, going from just under six feet in height to just over 6'6" in less than a year. That's when I learned that, with a piss spout three feet off the ground, the ample flow of a teenager and wearing shorts, you get quite a bit of splatter sprinkling your bare legs while pissing in the toilet while standing. Of course that splatter is mostly just clean water, but I found it repugnant nonetheless.

Reactions: lelyal

squidly

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
At someone else's house I'll sit, but at home or in a public restroom I stand. I don't know if anyone else has found this, but my bladder doesn't empty as completely when I sit.

Reactions: _bushycutaussie

FlyFrontBriefs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At someone else's house I'll sit, but at home or in a public restroom I stand. I don't know if anyone else has found this, but my bladder doesn't empty as completely when I sit.
I feel the same. Sometimes after a shit = I sit, I still need to go back to stand and piss to get my bladder empty.

Reactions: squidly

_bushycutaussie

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my bladder doesn't empty as completely when I sit.
same here, feels like there’s still more to come out. always prefer to stand unless also doin no. 2. blessed with the ability to stand and piss as a man so might as well make use of it. makes it much easier in places like clubs and busy shopping centres so the restrooms don’t get as clogged up, just whip out, piss n go

Jon1971

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
At home I do both. If I get up during the night to pee I sit, because if I have to turn on the bathroom light to aim, I won't be able to get back to sleep for at least an hour. During the day I stand.

Min23

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
In a domestic setting, I sit. (This is the option I checked.) It just guarantees that all of my pee goes where expected. In other people's houses, it's the polite thing to do. In public restrooms, I stand at the urinals, that's what they're for. But, being uncut, I always pull back; though most of the time my foreskin is retracted anyway. Out of preference, being an country boy, I'll pee in the great outdoors & water a tree.

Being a nudist, when at (my rural) home, I begin every day by walking naked to the compost heap at the end of my garden and relieving myself of my concentrated night time store. It's an old gardeners' trick as the nitrates are a great way to boost the decomposition process...