Sluthood

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by WowALotANamesTaken, May 15, 2011.

1. WowALotANamesTaken

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I read this today, and found it very interesting.

Basically I feel if a woman wants to sleep around then she's no worse than a guy that sleeps around.

What I like about this article is it is from a womans perspective, well written and... well hell it's 2:33am and my brain stopped working 15 years ago, so I'll let the article speak for itself.

Curious to know what the ladies here think about this, but more importantly, it's a good read and maybe something thats helpful for some.

2. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Slutty women are a huge turn off. Socially I dont have a problem with them but I just would share a straw.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I assume you mean 'wouldn't'.

And how do you feel about slutty men?

4. Incocknito

Gold Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but that woman in the article is a lesbian? So not the typical "slut" most people think of (heterosexual woman sleeping with men).

I am not into sluts myself. I have known a lot of sluts. I still know some and its just really off putting hearing about or seeing their escapades.

A lot of boyfriend-partners, I don't mind. But lots of random, usually drunken sex with different partners makes any woman a no-go area for me.

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

You are wrong. You clearly didn't have the attention span to read the whole article - she talks about encounters with men and women.

So - does it make a difference to you* if a woman is bisexual who has had periods of a lot of casual sex, a hetero woman who has had periods of a lot of casual sex or a lesbian who has had periods of a lot of casual sex?

*men who seem to care about this stuff, not addressing this to just one person.

6. dolfette

Gold Member

fixed your post to make it apply to my tastes.
    i think it's ok to want someone who shares your views on sex,
    but hypocritical and sexist to do one thing but expect another.

i don't think sex should about random drunkenness.
    i'd like to date a man who feels the same.

but what anyone else chooses to do doesn't come into it.

7. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I believe strongly in a woman being in control of her own sexuality, and if there are promiscuous periods that empower her - so be it. A woman like will end up with a man who won't be threatened by any of the elements that went into making her who she is.

8. Madison_Thick

Madison_Thick New Member

Albums:
    I agree with that strongly. I am extremely turned on by a woman who is empowered by a very active, even promiscuous sex life

9. Incocknito

Gold Member

But is promiscuity "empowering"? Or is it just what desperate/drunken/under the influence/emotionally broken women do?

And I did not read the article because I didn't like the tone of it. She blatantly admitted that after a bad breakup she became a slut.

Which indicates that slutdom is a response to emotional turmoil and not something a woman necessarily wants to do or would do were her emotions 'balanced'.

This is just my observation but most sluts are not the: happiest, prettiest, skinniest, smartest, etc of people.

Of course you could say no one is perfect and all people/women have their problems. But the slut thing is a red flag which will stop me even talking to the woman.

#9 Incocknito, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  10. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sometimes a woman wants some sex without having to have the bullshit that comes with having a boyfriend. I had one of those periods. I think most people do.

11. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Typo yeah I meant wouldn't. I already dont share straws with guys so it wouldnt really change anything lol.

But I respect studs. Not slutty dudes. The difference is quality over quantity.

12. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Why can't it be different things to different people?

No, that's what you decided after the second or third paragraph.

That's not what I read her as saying at all. I read her say, more than once, that she wanted to be doing what she was doing. And even if you were right about her promiscuity being a negative thing born of negative things, why would that necessarily be the same for all women?

I know / have known plenty of happy and/or pretty and/or skinny (wtf does that have to do with it? oh that's right, a measure of a woman's worth is her waist size) and/or smart women who behave in a way that you would label slut.

People/women? Ah - there we have the truth peeking through. Women are not people in your strange little head. And that red flag will save an awful lot of women from having to find out the hard way what you are like.

Thing is, I don't have to even ask you if this same argument applies to male 'sluts' because I know, in your head, it doesn't. The argument goes that men are hard wired to be 'sluts' and it should not be held against them. Women are not hard wired that way and therefore if they behave that way they are 'broken'. That just doesn't hold for me. Plenty of our hard wired behaviours have been over-written by cultural restraints. A lot of the expected behaviour of women is a lot more about nurture than it is about nature anyway. These days women can be promiscuous without anymore repercussions than a man 'suffers' from doing same. So what is the difference?

13. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Do you apply the same distinction to women?

14. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    It is a bit harder to because when have what can only be described as an incredibly disproportionate advantage when it comes to getting laid. But in some select cases yes indeed I do.

15. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    What is the feminine equivalent of 'stud'? Diva? Goddess?

16. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Diva? Rockstar? Im not really sure....

17. Incocknito

Gold Member

18. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

You're just wrong, SLB, wrong and there's no talking to you because you so vehemently believe you are right.

"Maybe it can but the fact is that the majority of women turn into sluts only after the emotional shock/damage of a relationship breakup. Which is a response to a 'traumatic event' rather than something innate in them." Wrong - and there is no way you can know 'the majority of women's motivations. That is just something you want to believe therefore it is, to you, the irrefutable truth. I have no idea why I even bothered responding to your post because I knew it would come down to you and your incorrect 'truths'.

19. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If a woman becomes promiscuous after a break up, it means that she needs time to heal. Something was hurt and yes, she feels broken. Many times what feels broken is her sexual self - was she not good enough? sexual enough? pretty enough? If she chooses (and it becomes a choice) to take on a series of lovers, she goes on a journey of self discovery and learn the power of her own sexual self. It is empowering. She is not broken. She learns what she has to offer and how to ask for what she needs.

I am not talking about random drunken hookup in the bathroom at a club (well, at least not all the time, lol). I am talking about taking life by the balls and making it teach you what you need to know.

20. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's just it. We need a good term for these women who are to be admired even though they are the ones in control of their own pleasure and have a big capacity for pleasure, yet act with discretion and panache to fulfill it.

Once we coin this term, it will be much less easy for them to be mislabeled 'slut'.

Draft saved Draft deleted