Sports- The Ass Smack

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In High school & college my coach and teammates always gave the "good job ass smack" after a match. Playing sports with friends (football, basketball, wrestling) we still smack ass in celebration. Do all guys still do that? I see it on tv watching football but rarely other places.
Jake

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In High school & college my coach and teammates always gave the "good job ass smack" after a match. Playing sports with friends (football, basketball, wrestling) we still smack ass in celebration. Do all guys still do that? I see it on tv watching football but rarely other places.
Jake
you can celebrate by smacking my ass anytime coach.

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
in football (or soccer whichever you prefer) we seem to be doing it all the time now. if we make a hard tackle, we sometimes give a friendly ass tap (no innuendo intended) as an apology or to say good tackle, if we do something good, it's straight to the ass again, if someone messes up, it's a patt on the ass again with a stern "come on mate!"

my god...i never realised what we're doing until now.

joesebb28

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I love watching it when it does happen - and it does especially in British Rugby games. We have some hunky rugby players - check out the name Ollie Barclay - I deny anyone not to want to smack his arse during a game or otherwise.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Truly this aspect of contact sports has always left me befuddled. Why ass smack? Why not pat the guy on the upper back? The shoulders? Why not give him a high-five? Why do otherwise sometimes homophobic athletes give each other an ass-slap after doing something right? I think it's cool.....it's fantastic and I'm not suggesting changing a thing, really. It's just another thing I file in my mind under 'doesn't make sense.' :biggrin1:

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well I'm really shocked lol .... I never heard of this before ... but maybe its just because I've never liked team-sports or wrestling but when I was young I was forced to watch rugby all the time and the spectators would all be yelling the most incredibly homoerotic slogans ...

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I think it's because so many of them have such nice asses that even their fellow teammates notice and can't help themselves from wanting to feel it just a little.:biggrin:

I remember watching a Yankees game once and saw Alex Rodriguez talking with Jorge Posada and other teammates in the dugout about smacking Derek Jeter on the ass. They were making hand gestures behind Derek's back and Jorge made one to Alex to do it hard. Derek was getting some water and Alex smacked him a good one on his ass to which Derek made a face complaining it was too hard. It was quite cute really, but also a turn-on!

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well I think some are making too little of it, personally. Economy of effort? These are the big boys....athletes...they live to work out and I don't know of many athletes who shy away from making an effort for their team. But if we're going to go with that theory, fine - but wouldn't it be more 'economical' to just bump fists? Or how about not touching each other at all? Just say 'good job, dude.'

Some would make much ado of nothing, methinks. The ass happens to be close to hand level, it's probably more about economy of effort than repressed sexual desire.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well, watch athletes after a huge effort or when they want to look nonchalant. They aren't always sprinting, jumping, and effusively getting in each others' space. The ass smack is casual, easy, sometimes discreet, and can be accomplished without great physical intimacy. It also doesn't require the other party to participate as high fives and fist bumps would, but it does allow a quiet affirmation between teammates.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some would make much ado of nothing, methinks. The ass happens to be close to hand level, it's probably more about economy of effort than repressed sexual desire.

They also hug each other and pat each other on the back. I've seen some kiss each other on the cheek. They're just friendly gestures that have nothing to do with sex. There are all sorts of hijinks that go on in the sporting world like wedgies and smacking a butt with a wet towel in the locker room. If people want to get off on believing that it's sexual, so be it.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yeah I'm not sure if that 'people want to get off on believing...' comment was directed at me, but I'll be honest here, this ass-smacking behavior does NOTHING for me. Nada. I could not care less & have really not thought about it before...but I just was curious about it. I think it probably doesn't "mean" anything.....it would "mean" more if the guy were bi or gay, and maybe not even then.

They also hug each other and pat each other on the back. I've seen some kiss each other on the cheek. They're just friendly gestures that have nothing to do with sex. There are all sorts of hijinks that go on in the sporting world like wedgies and smacking a butt with a wet towel in the locker room. If people want to get off on believing that it's sexual, so be it.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I don't care what other people think, but I do get off on it. Whether or not the players actually do is inconsequential really.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah I'm not sure if that 'people want to get off on believing...' comment was directed at me, but I'll be honest here, this ass-smacking behavior does NOTHING for me. Nada. I could not care less & have really not thought about it before...but I just was curious about it. I think it probably doesn't "mean" anything.....it would "mean" more if the guy were bi or gay, and maybe not even then.

It was a general comment not directed at you. I just think they do it, it's not sexual, and the guy patting the butt or the receiver of the pat aren't getting boners over it.

I don't care what other people think, but I do get off on it. Whether or not the players actually do is inconsequential really.

There you go.:smile: It's up to everyone's individual interpretation.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont think its anything in a sexual way, its a friendly gesture to say good job, I also dont think its the "best part" of participating in wrestling or football or any other sport, I thought the game and winning or losing was the best part. Its more of an individual bonding of two individuals and makes for a good team sport.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ass smacking is the only thing straight guys have to show each other affection anymore without looking queer. That and the other one is the quick bear hug and 3 hand pat to the back with immediate release.

Wouldn't want to look gay now would we?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Ass smacking is the only thing straight guys have to show each other affection anymore without looking queer. That and the other one is the quick bear hug and 3 hand pat to the back with immediate release.

Wouldn't want to look gay now would we?

There's nothing wrong with showing affection for your friends or teammates in what some may perceive as sexual. You may think it looks gay, but many people don't, and the players don't seem self conscious at all about it or they wouldn't do it. You happen to like having sex with so-called "straight" guys. It doesn't make you any less gay.

kazooplayer

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sorta tenses you up to get smacked in the ass, and I think that's the point - a fist pound or a hug sort of relaxes you, but a smack in the ass is the human equivalent of a horse getting the spurs or riding stick, it keeps you going.

No, nothing sexual, but it is weird to an outsider, I'm sure.